Jetta VR6 - ummm yeah. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Jetta VR6 - ummm yeah. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I must say i have seen a number of really fast VW's but i have never once seen a really ...

I must say i have seen a number of really fast VW's but i have never once seen a really fast VW that didn't sound like it was going to explode. They don't seem very reliable once they get in the 300whp/12 second 1/4 mile range. The highly modded ones sound like total **** and seem to run really rough, at least thats with my experience.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nah that is just how VWs run. I think it's their version of the boxer rumble
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I had a couple of dudes in a Jetta pull up to me at a light tonight. They instigated a race with me, I did an awesome launch...they gave up almost immediately.

Then I'm just cruising at around 40 and I see his car squat....obvious ricer flyby attempt. I grabbed 2nd and as he got to my rear bumper my car took the hell off.... It was too quick to be a regular Jetta so it had to be a VR6 or 1.8T. It was the brand new style with the Evo X/Skyline concepts style front grille.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Nice kill. . . bully.

'VW' = Very Worst?
    I dunno.. well @ least, when I raced GLI once @ private road in kent,
    it wasn't so bad, though they're fat bodied and really lack of power to make up that weight.
    I still got the love for their looks, though. I dunno, I just like hatchback looks of the
    GTI's.... and GLI just looks nice slammed. =)
    03' C i

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    Man! how come you guys get people to do that. I drive my wrx around and no one does that to me. Oh well i guess they either think its slow or to fast for them.

Ditto!!!

Where I drive - Chicago, 99.9% of folks have no clue what a Subaru WRX is capable of. I have minivans, and compact SUVs "race" me all the time at intersections. Notice I said "race". They don't do it on purpose. It's just pissed off soccer mums and older gentelmen thinking that this black wagon next to them must be kiddin by trying to pass. Well.......I don't even try.

Anyhow....
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12