06 STi vs. 95 Mustang GT convert.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 STi vs. 95 Mustang GT convert. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, isnt really a kill to say it was more like a slaughter. I was crusin on my way home ...

06 STi vs. 95 Mustang GT convert.

Well, isnt really a kill to say it was more like a slaughter. I was crusin on my way home from work at about midnight when i start passing this red GT mustang. At first i dont pay any attention to him. Then as i pass him just crusing mind you he guns it to get next to me. Dude was with his girl ... So well i obliged him, we went from a roll at about 45. Needles to say i dont know how many bus lengths i put on him but i stopped at the end of 4th gear. I just cruise the rest of the way home when i hit a red light and Mr. Mustang wants more. I now know hes an auto because i hear him droping gears as he aproaches the light. I say what the hell?. but ok. His girls is just laughing he has the Paul Walker look on his face.. and we go from a dig. i stop at 3rd gear beacause it was a joke.

My first watse of gas er.. kill" in my Sti.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE619
    Well, isnt really a kill to say it was more like a slaughter. I was crusin on my way home from work at about midnight when i start passing this red GT mustang. At first i dont pay any attention to him. Then as i pass him just crusing mind you he guns it to get next to me. Dude was with his girl ... So well i obliged him, we went from a roll at about 45. Needles to say i dont know how many bus lengths i put on him but i stopped at the end of 4th gear. I just cruise the rest of the way home when i hit a red light and Mr. Mustang wants more. I now know hes an auto because i hear him droping gears as he aproaches the light. I say what the hell?. but ok. His girls is just laughing he has the Paul Walker look on his face.. and we go from a dig. i stop at 3rd gear beacause it was a joke.

My first watse of gas er.. kill" in my Sti.
    Im definatly not suprised. A normal (non-convertable) mustang would have faired better from a roll... but still would have seen your taillights from a dig.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

before i forget he had an exhaust maybe and some ugly ass chrome rims.

I have an HKS intake, Hipower Exhaust, and a Blitz BOV<----( i know i know )

Considering he had maybe 215 HP and the 95-98 GTs are pretty much dogs, and adding that he was a vert, OUCH! He should have been embarassed for himself. Good kill, but not really that much of a challenge for an STi. Go after the 99-04 GTs (still pretty easy for an STi, the Mach 1s, and then the Cobras. That is where the real challenges lie.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

...Cause you heard him dropping gears as he approaches....thats how come you knew he had an automatic.....anyways...yeah, the eariler 4.6 had 215 at the back of the motor and when the 97-98 models came out they went to 220. Like Juice33 said is no big surprise for a STi to take a 215/220hp convertible mustang with an auto. Funny all the same though...LOL, nice

you might as well have raced a Prius or Corolla or something..

id race one if I could
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

95-98 + Auto + Vert = slow

Maybe if you started in 2nd it would have been more interesting
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

taken 2 old gt's in my current 93 bmw 325i...(mostly stock only an aftermarket ecu)

do the stangs really have that much power? my bimmer is 195stock ( i think) and it's about 200-210 now (i suppose) then again, it was on the freeway rolling....

Yeah nice kill. Mustangs are no problem for STi's or my Evo for that matter. I raced mid-late 90's cobra with exhuast and i was pulling slowly, And I raced a 99-04 GT with exhaust and he started first then I was reeling him in. Note neither convt. and both manual. Raced and killed a few 5.0's and 90's gt's. Non much of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Yeah nice kill. Mustangs are no problem for STi's or my Evo for that matter. I raced mid-late 90's cobra with exhuast and i was pulling slowly, And I raced a 99-04 GT with exhaust and he started first then I was reeling him in. Note neither convt. and both manual. Raced and killed a few 5.0's and 90's gt's. Non much of a fight.
    Don't get too cocky now sport. You will run into the wrong one and get whooped hard. Their are tons of fast Mustangs out there.
    Last edited by Juice33; 02-08-2006 at 08:48 AM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

There is a guy who works at the same summer job i do with a 5.0 mustang gt who thinks he can hand me my ass, not even a close, and he's stock. the same guy thinks his gf's beretta gt is a good race for me...
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Don't get too cocky now sport. You will run into the wrong one and get whooped hard. Their are tons of fast Mustangs out there.
    aint that the truth

nothing like a turbo mustang. you dont know what they have till they get on it, and by that time its too late
    Anthony

Well he started it... i was just going home. I seen very fast 5.0 mustangs being built at my old shop i used to work at in San diego. so i knew this guy was a joke.

Name of the shop was Johns Mustangs and classics now JMC motorsports. They had such nice rides . This one thats stood out was a 66 fastback with a stroked and blown 302 to a 347.
    He had full road race setup and a carbon fiber drive shaft to boot was my favorite at the shop, he put at least 50,000 into the car easy

Quote Originally Posted by Razors Edge
    ...Cause you heard him dropping gears as he approaches....thats how come you knew he had an automatic.....anyways...yeah, the eariler 4.6 had 215 at the back of the motor and when the 97-98 models came out they went to 220. Like Juice33 said is no big surprise for a STi to take a 215/220hp convertible mustang with an auto. Funny all the same though...LOL, nice
    i can tell the differnce between an auto and a manual downshift by sound. Plus when we went from a dig he just punched it. There was no reving or wheel spin.

No surprise there... Verts add an extra 400-600 pounds to a car. Easy kill.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.