Kill Story! My Audi whooped a 06 Vette (C6) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kill Story! My Audi whooped a 06 Vette (C6) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MagikMan i'm not just saying this to be a "vette guy" and I'm not being biased... as ...

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    i'm not just saying this to be a "vette guy" and I'm not being biased... as I'm getting ready to purchase an s4.... however.... from a roll, the c6 should still pull you..... i've seen a bone stock one with dr's run a 12.4 ... however... from a roll, those things are murder.... sorry for takin' the wind out of your sails... but I think he went into 4th instead of 3rd... most 'vette drivers aren't used to how long our stock gears are... I get out of second at over 80mph.... he probably took the wrong gear

I am a muscle car guy for ever and he was spinning the **** out of it, hence the 2 Mustangs in my sig, Killed many vettes with them too. But you are right most Vette drivers are lame, hence their coloed matching Leather jackets and 80s car driving gloves. My 12.6 was with the old APR code that was 35 plus hp less, I haven't tracked it since.

Sorry, I will post the vids when I whoop their stock 12.4

BTW my GF's 04 cobra will whoop one too. We got 4 400 plus hp cars in our stable. No NOOB here.

2001.5 Audi S4, Stage 3+(ET: 11.89 @ 122mph)
    1991 Mustang GT (ET: 11.92 @ 115mph)
    1966 Mustang (ET: 11.43 @ 119mph)
    My personal site http://www.jaybquick.com
    http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com
    Central California's Auto Enthusiast Website!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jaybquick
    Pretty much. Out here at Sacramento Raceway they have an event every June called Vette Magic. It is actually quite comedic to watch 60 to 70% of the vette owners get horrible times due to their lack of drving skills.

My favorite is the guy who has the yellow vette with the matching yellow vette leather jacket. He is cool!
    That would be hilarious to witness! Or when you see those "oldie moldies" with their khaki pants, white collared 3-button-down shirts, and their straw hats. And who could forget their sandals with socks, and the cellphone attached on their belt?

Not to mention their fried-blonde wives and girlfriends with their prune faces that look like they've spent too much time in the sun! "'Scuse me, is that Hulk Hogan's tanning solution you've stolen?"
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Quote Originally Posted by '05 STi
    That would be hilarious to witness! Or when you see those "oldie moldies" with their khaki pants, white collared 3-button-down shirts, and their straw hats. And who could forget their sandals with socks, and the cellphone attached on their belt?

Not to mention their fried-blonde wives and girlfriends with their prune faces that look like they've spent too much time in the sun! "'Scuse me, is that Hulk Hogan's tanning solution you've stolen?"

Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Hmm... You sound legit and have some nice cars, so I am going to believe this. I think maybe the Vette driver was kind of clueless and drafting may have played a role, possibly, but your car sounds fast enough.

BTW, your girl hjas better taste than you, lol. What does she have done to the Cobra?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Hmm... You sound legit and have some nice cars, so I am going to believe this. I think maybe the Vette driver was kind of clueless and drafting may have played a role, possibly, but your car sounds fast enough.

BTW, your girl hjas better taste than you, lol. What does she have done to the Cobra?
    lets see, 400hp+ cobra, probably an intake.

but seriously, yes, she does have very good taste.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    Hey, it's true!
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo
    lets see, 400hp+ cobra, probably an intake.

but seriously, yes, she does have very good taste.
    Oh I know how little it takes to get to 400 rwhp (check my sig, I am at 466 rwhp/473 rwtq) I am wondering where the car is at though, because 400+ could mean a lot of things.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Question Wtf?

jaybquick, didn't you post this kill story yesterday in the Off Topic forum?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Oh I know how little it takes to get to 400 rwhp (check my sig, I am at 466 rwhp/473 rwtq) I am wondering where the car is at though, because 400+ could mean a lot of things.
    it certainly can. i have never actually seen a lightly modded cobra in person though.

they were either stock or turbocharged actually, i think one had a KB on it.
    Anthony

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    jaybquick, didn't you post this kill story yesterday in the Off Topic forum?

Kill Story! My Audi whooped a 06 Vette (C6)

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo
    it certainly can. i have never actually seen a lightly modded cobra in person though.

they were either stock or turbocharged actually, i think one had a KB on it.
    If my knee holds up, and I keep the car, I will be running twins or a big single sometime in the near future. I just saw a new turbo kit that could possibly get up to 1300 awhp, possibly. But I will have to do a lot of beafing up on the engine to even dream of those numbers.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

If my knee holds up, and I keep the car, I will be running twins or a big single sometime in the near future. I just saw a new turbo kit that could possibly get up to 1300 awhp, possibly. But I will have to do a lot of beafing up on the engine to even dream of those numbers.

LJ, what the hell are you going to do with all of that?!?!?

I'll be happy with 800 if I decide to go FI ... otherwise, my 420-600 NA+ current setup will have to do...

PICS & MODS

Is your S4 just boltons? APR chip, turboback etc? K04s in the future?

Have you ever thought of swaping in a 4R70W ? Im sure you wouldnt have any trouble finding someone to trade on svtperf
    - Local Riceist

Just a short throw Shifter and a cat back. I put them on. She bought it bone stock. We are waiting for the warranty to expire before we chip and pulley it.
    2001.5 Audi S4, Stage 3+(ET: 11.89 @ 122mph)
    1991 Mustang GT (ET: 11.92 @ 115mph)
    1966 Mustang (ET: 11.43 @ 119mph)
    My personal site http://www.jaybquick.com
    http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com
    Central California's Auto Enthusiast Website!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast