what will whoop stock WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on what will whoop stock WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by evoasis i disagree about those cars dt, "And the only car of those that will actually consistantly ...

Quote Originally Posted by evoasis
    i disagree about those cars dt, "And the only car of those that will actually consistantly beat a wrx would be the SRT4. The civic si, altima and cobalt are all mid 14 sec cars but they will all beat a wrx on the topend or rolling race."
    Im pretty sure ive taken every one of those easily, before my mods. The thing is, learning to use the AWD to your advantage, and knowing how/when to shift. raced an srt-4, and he said hed never lost to a rex, and questioned my stock boost, but he said i was the only one he'd ever seen correctly launch a wrx....
    just my thoughts tho...
    1) I know plenty about driving AWD to my advantage and knowing how to shift. I ran a 13.3 @100mph with just TBE, intercooler hoses and MBC

2) When referencing a cars speed you should not only take into account its 1/4mile time. The trap speed is also a great indicator of the cars potential on the topend and speed acheived when the launch is factored out of the scenario... which in this case, taking the launch away from the wrx is rather detrimental to its overall speed in comparison to what 0-60 and 1/4mile times it is capable of posting. All cars that I listed in that first list of cars costing similar to the wrx run roughly similar 1/4mile times and all have higher traps speeds and would make up ground on a wrx after about 100mph from a dig, or from a roll in general.

3) Good for you if your wrx beat an SRT4. But the fact stands that machine vs machine the SRT4 is simply a faster car than a stock wrx in regards to both 1/4mile and trapspeed.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) I know plenty about driving AWD to my advantage and knowing how to shift. I ran a 13.3 @100mph with just TBE, intercooler hoses and MBC

2) When referencing a cars speed you should not only take into account its 1/4mile time. The trap speed is also a great indicator of the cars potential on the topend and speed acheived when the launch is factored out of the scenario... which in this case, taking the launch away from the wrx is rather detrimental to its overall speed in comparison to what 0-60 and 1/4mile times it is capable of posting. All cars that I listed in that first list of cars costing similar to the wrx run roughly similar 1/4mile times and all have higher traps speeds and would make up ground on a wrx after about 100mph from a dig, or from a roll in general.

3) Good for you if your wrx beat an SRT4. But the fact stands that machine vs machine the SRT4 is simply a faster car than a stock wrx in regards to both 1/4mile and trapspeed.
    Yep, those SRT4's are faster, atleast in a straight line. But WRX's are sweeter! Car for car, their is no comparison when you compare them as total packages to each other. I mean there are good reasons as to why the (SRT4's) are discontinued, and we are not.
    But for just shear speed and mod-a-bility, the srt is very hard to beat.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yep, those SRT4's are faster, atleast in a straight line. But WRX's are sweeter! Car for car, their is no comparison when you compare them as total packages to each other. I mean there are good reasons as to why the (SRT4's) are discontinued, and we are not.
    But for just shear speed and mod-a-bility, the srt is very hard to beat.
    I agree that the wrx is a superior car on an "overall" scale, but that is not the topic at hand.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I agree that the wrx is a superior car on an "overall" scale, but that is not the topic at hand.
    Well it depends on what you mean by "whoop". If it's only based on speed then yes the srt4 whoops the wrx. If it's as a total pakage, then it (srt4) get's whooped.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Bugatti Veyron

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234