what will whoop stock WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on what will whoop stock WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; NEON SRT-4 Cobalt SS Saturn Redline <cough> These 3 cars will run with a WRX, unfortunately....

NEON SRT-4

Cobalt SS

Saturn Redline <cough>

These 3 cars will run with a WRX, unfortunately.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by '05 STi
    NEON SRT-4

Cobalt SS

Saturn Redline <cough>

These 3 cars will run with a WRX, unfortunately.
    Impreza WRX STi.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Newer Accords, 2006 V6 Camry, Altima...

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    ... and now you get the entire gist of my posts. Congratulations!

If it helps you to re-visit my first post, you'll see that I was agreeing with DTR Rex's comment:
    There are many, many cars that would beat a stock wrx... In fact, too many to sit here and rattle off.
    you just seem to be passionately backing up a claim that nobody refuted, seems kind of pointless.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Bugatti Veyron
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i disagree about those cars dt, "And the only car of those that will actually consistantly beat a wrx would be the SRT4. The civic si, altima and cobalt are all mid 14 sec cars but they will all beat a wrx on the topend or rolling race."
    Im pretty sure ive taken every one of those easily, before my mods. The thing is, learning to use the AWD to your advantage, and knowing how/when to shift. raced an srt-4, and he said hed never lost to a rex, and questioned my stock boost, but he said i was the only one he'd ever seen correctly launch a wrx....
    just my thoughts tho...
    Too much stuff in my car....

Quote Originally Posted by evoasis
    i disagree about those cars dt, "And the only car of those that will actually consistantly beat a wrx would be the SRT4. The civic si, altima and cobalt are all mid 14 sec cars but they will all beat a wrx on the topend or rolling race."
    Im pretty sure ive taken every one of those easily, before my mods. The thing is, learning to use the AWD to your advantage, and knowing how/when to shift. raced an srt-4, and he said hed never lost to a rex, and questioned my stock boost, but he said i was the only one he'd ever seen correctly launch a wrx....
    just my thoughts tho...
    Well, his point was talking about roll races, which negates racing from a launch and therefore your point. From a launch, the advantage is yours, but from a roll, don't be surprised if they hang with you or even see their taillights.

[QUOTE=Trainable]Correction any race the WRX loses is gay. The only true way to race is on ice up hill in a snow storm.[/QUOTE

Then I'm game!...let me get my truck, LOL!! and I'm sure a 76 Gremlin can beat a WRX
    ...GREMLINS RULE!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kiadude1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cnacc
    Ok since I got my WRX I have had a few people want to race me. This has happened at stop lights, in traffic, and one kid flat out challenged me in a parlking lot. Ok so I realize these little cars preform well, but I didn't realize so many people were gunning for us. So it got me thinking what vehicles will whoop a stock WRX. I realize anything modified enough would, but what about other stockers? I didn't buy this car for racing, I just wanted something kind of sporty and nice. I'm 34 and all my previous vehicles were Jeeps, no one challenges you to race in a jeep so I find all of this kind of funny.
    i see that you are from Salida...hmm who races there...i mean what kind of cars?

I don't really know who races here in salida. There are two highly modded evo's with in a block of me, and one other in town, and one modded STI. I see some of the young guys in town drad every now and then, but I don't know if there is a scene. The EVO boys like to do like time trial type stuff over some of the passes up here. I am looking foreward to driving some of them my self this summer.

Thanks for the serious and not so serious posts. Like I said driving jeeps no one ever challenged me, so I got a kick out of it and was curious about stock preformance.
    mmmmmmmmmm, turbo!
    Cobb Stage 2

i don't know i always pull most cars pretty bad from a stop then i get caught and pulled in 3rd...i like racing Mustang GT's for some reason and a stock one i can pull but with any mods the get me...i got smoked by a SRT-4 from a roll

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I can only speak for my 02 wrx though. the newer ones (03-05)may be slower until you get to the 06's. I think Subaru put weaker clutch\flywheel combos in them to stop the chatering cold clutch that some b*&^hes were crying about.
    they put in a heavier flywheel. 26lbs i presume, which is by far the heaviest flywheel i've ever heard of ever evAr
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    they put in a heavier flywheel. 26lbs i presume, which is by far the heaviest flywheel i've ever heard of ever evAr
    26LBS! WTF! That's just rediculous! Sucks to be an 03-06 with that pig at the end of the crank.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

At least you don't have the "dual mass" masterpiece they put on the Legacy.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    At least you don't have the "dual mass" masterpiece they put on the Legacy.
    Dual mass, that just sounds bad.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast