what will whoop stock WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on what will whoop stock WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Geo Metro...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

am I the only one who will seriously answer this question??

from a stop you could beat most non-performance passenger cars from 0-60 or 0-80. Above that and you run into the stock WRX's horrible top end. As far as common cars that would beat you from a stop....any LS1 will have you by 50mph even from a stop (late model Camaros, Trans Ams, Firebirds, Corvettes) and LS2 will definitely hand you your ass (newest body style Corvette, newer pontiac GTO). 03/04 Mustang Cobra will have you beat to 80 for sure. The Sti and Evo definitely. Regular V8 mustang is a drivers race from what I hear. Im guessing but an SRT-4 would probably take you by 80mph, you might get him to 60. I dont know..im trying to think of common cars that might try to race you. Any other ideas??
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

You think that's bad? My Grand Marquis would walk a stock WRX after 60. I don't mean theoretically; I mean it did!

FWIW, it ran 9.9 @ 73 in the 1/8th so ET-wise it's behind because of the AWD but from a roll it'd surprise you once the ol' SOHC got in the upper rpms It wasn't stock but I wouldn't call it super-modded either.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

WRX is a pretty quick car, but in stock form it is nothing special and has some rather pitiful topend in accordance to its 0-60/quarter mile capabilities. There are many, many cars that would beat a stock wrx... In fact, too many to sit here and rattle off. Perhaps narrow down your criteria to something like cars costing ~ the same price.

For cars in the same price catagory that actually are not many cars that will beat a wrx. A few that come to mind that cost similarly new and could hang with or beat a stock wrx would be:
    SRT4
    06 civic si
    Cobalt SS
    Altima 3.5 MT

And the only car of those that will actually consistantly beat a wrx would be the SRT4. The civic si, altima and cobalt are all mid 14 sec cars but they will all beat a wrx on the topend or rolling race.

Add about $5-$7k to that price tag of the wrx and you have a whole new ball game
    Legacy GT
    STi
    Evo
    350Z
    G35c/sedan in 6MT
    GTO
    Forester XT
    Mazda Speed 6
    R32 VW
    S2000
    etc.....
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I knew DTR would chime in a some point. The human encylcopedia. and to the guy with the Grand Marquis....he asked what stock cars would beat it.
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    WRX is a pretty quick car, but in stock form it is nothing special and has some rather pitiful topend in accordance to its 0-60/quarter mile capabilities. There are many, many cars that would beat a stock wrx... In fact, too many to sit here and rattle off. Perhaps narrow down your criteria to something like cars costing ~ the same price.

For cars in the same price catagory that actually are not many cars that will beat a wrx. A few that come to mind that cost similarly new and could hang with or beat a stock wrx would be:
    SRT4
    06 civic si
    Cobalt SS
    Altima 3.5 MT

And the only car of those that will actually consistantly beat a wrx would be the SRT4. The civic si, altima and cobalt are all mid 14 sec cars but they will all beat a wrx on the topend or rolling race.

Add about $5-$7k to that price tag of the wrx and you have a whole new ball game
    Legacy GT
    STi
    Evo
    350Z
    G35c/sedan in 6MT
    GTO
    Forester XT
    Mazda Speed 6
    R32 VW
    S2000
    etc.....
    He's a bit off though. RSX's and WRX are neck and neck from a roll stock, so a civic si (06) will be too. You certainly don't need 5k to keep up in the second list either. Try more like 1-2K.
    I can only speak for my 02 wrx though. the newer ones (03-05)may be slower until you get to the 06's. I think Subaru put weaker clutch\flywheel combos in them to stop the chatering cold clutch that some b*&^hes were crying about. It's a performance clutch for a reason. I love my chattering old 85k clutch and will miss it when it's gone (soon). Hello Exedy organic!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I think he was saying the cars are 5-7k more not that it would take 5-7k to keep up with them. I thought the WRX ~= LGT(speedwise)... was I mistaken?
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I Support ClubWRX
    A number of the cars being talked about are so close to the performance level of the WRX that it really is a driver's race. I put the L-GT in that category.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

add cobalts and ions in there to and srt4s if ur talking a from a stop. which i would assume cause roll racing is gay.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    add cobalts and ions in there to and srt4s if ur talking a from a stop. which i would assume cause roll racing is gay.
    Correction any race the WRX loses is gay. The only true way to race is on ice up hill in a snow storm.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    The only true way to race is on ice up hill in a snow storm.
    Indeed.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

a cobaltss and a ion red ion acn beat a stock wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    and to the guy with the Grand Marquis....he asked what stock cars would beat it.
    As you can tell, I've never left any car stock. However, if you think the ported throttle body elbow and a Superchips tuner is what tipped the balance, I'd be glad to re-run a stock WRX (if I could find one these days), 60 to 100, in pure stock form. I doubt the outcome would be any different. My Grand Marquis is sold but my mother has one of the same year, same color, with the required "handling & performance" package (3.23 gears, dual exhaust)

Oh, and I test-drove a Hyundai Azera for my parents yesterday. Yep, it'd be quicker from a roll too
    Last edited by John M; 02-03-2006 at 02:29 PM.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    As you can tell, I've never left any car stock. However, if you think the ported throttle body elbow and a Superchips tuner is what tipped the balance, I'd be glad to re-run a stock WRX (if I could find one these days), 60 to 100, in pure stock form. I doubt the outcome would be any different. My Grand Marquis is sold but my mother has one of the same year, same color, with the required "handling & performance" package (3.23 gears, dual exhaust)

Oh, and I test-drove a Hyundai Azera for my parents yesterday. Yep, it'd be quicker from a roll too
    I dont understand, are you just posting on this thread to brag about what cars you own that would beat a stock WRX?? You are offering nothing to this thread, whats your deal? He said STOCK....a ported throttle body elbow and a Superchips tuner is not stock. Nobody is challenging you or calling BS on your non-stock car beating a stock WRX. Second, we have already established in this thread that the stock WRX has no guts on the top end...LOTS of stock cars will eat a stock WRX from 60-100....its silly that you would even call that a race.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 02-03-2006 at 02:42 PM.
    www.jscspeed.com

... and now you get the entire gist of my posts. Congratulations!

If it helps you to re-visit my first post, you'll see that I was agreeing with DTR Rex's comment:
    There are many, many cars that would beat a stock wrx... In fact, too many to sit here and rattle off.
    Last edited by John M; 02-03-2006 at 09:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.