Feel kinda silly posting this kill, but I will anyways... bad nite for VW's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Feel kinda silly posting this kill, but I will anyways... bad nite for VW's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Apparently you have never experienced a 1.8T with upgraded turbo or a boosted VR6 or ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Apparently you have never experienced a 1.8T with upgraded turbo or a boosted VR6 or modded Corrado.

Case in point:

http://www.filecabi.net/u.php?file=1138631222.wmv
    no, I haven't. Just coming from an unmodded 99 1.8T passat that would lose to most school buses.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    no, I haven't. Just coming from an unmodded 99 1.8T passat that would lose to most school buses.
    My Passat 1.8T, stock, goes 0-60 in the mid 8s. Not fast, but more than adequate.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

if you were racing a guy in a corvette, should he be proud to beat you?
    -Lindsay Lohan

vette vs. vw of any sort is like writing about your race against a early 80s aries K car. I categorize that under "why bother sharing?"
    he was with his a4 not his vette.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

if you were racing a guy in a corvette, should he be proud to beat you?
    No, he shouldn't. It would be like me racing an 8 year old on a unicycle.

I understand where you are coming from.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

Peachypumpkincheeks

The following is dictated by MagikMan, himself:

"I understand that posting most of my kills are completely redundant because there's not a high percentage of cars on the road that can compete with me...however, I thought it was both a funny and amusing scenario as the VW continued to play with the vette and show off for the girls (as he got his ass handed to him) and that's why I posted in the title "I feel silly for posting this..." But thanks for pointing out the obvious, you pen1ses.

A 1.8T with a K03 Eliminator turbo T3/T4 have been able to scrape into the 12's. And that only costs them $1300 bucks."
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    There are a handful of cars that can compete with a vette. You just dont happen to meet up witht them. Im refering to the post before (speeddette's).
    Whats the vette run, high 12's???
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    "I feel silly for posting this..." But thanks for pointing out the obvious, you pen1ses.\
    And I feel silly for posting this, but I saw an 8 year old with a dollar, and I punched him in the face and took it. His friend was totally laughing.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    So spedette and I are coming home from a nite of bowling, and we are in my Audi A4 and as we are about 1/2 mile from my house I see this lowered jetta so I hit it, and just barely beat it, but it got me wanting to race... so when we got home, I jumped in my vette and we went crusing around to find a lowered Golf GTI (the special rabbit one). I'm just crusing, and he flies by me and I was like.... I don't think so, so I hit it and pulled about 3 or 15 cars on him.... and we finally catch a red light... I'm in the right lane, he's in the middle lane, and there is this car of younger girls in the left lane. They were looking over at him, and he was trying to "mac" his stuff and we started shooting revs, and went the light turned green, I heard him squeelin' a little bit, but I jumped him off the line, and by the time I shifted into 2nd (55mph) he was about 3 cars behind me, he was still getting onto it, so I took it up to the top of 2nd (82mph) and he was a good 3 bus lengths back.... so I did the only appropriate thing to do, and that was cut on my flashers.... as he does a ricer flyby.... in retrospect, I Think it would have been really funny to cut my flashers on before the light turned green It was fun, and Heather was grinning ear to ear
    If there was nobody behind me, I would've thrown out a rev to him, put my car in reverse, and pulled back about 4 car lengths. Pull his "punk card."

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    There are a handful of cars that can compete with a vette. You just dont happen to meet up witht them. Im refering to the post before (speeddette's).
    Whats the vette run, high 12's???
    Yes, there's a handful of cars that can compete with a stock vette. But MagikMan's mods put him in the low 11's. But you also have to factor in that a lot of the other cars in the vette's category don't street race or don't live in Northern VA. Seriously, for some reason when I'm in the car we can never find anybody to play with. But the VW...he wanted to play, so why not?

It's like when you go game hunting and you kill rabbits and squirrels. Well they're smaller and meeker so of course you can dominant them with a rifle. But they can be zippy and skillful dodgers, so it's all for the fun of the game.*

*I do not in any way condone the killing of little bunnies and squirrelies.
    Last edited by Speedette; 02-04-2006 at 08:13 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Eating squirrels in VA must be a delicacy.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

It's just kinda frustrating guys.... there really aren't a whole lot of cars that I can't beat out there... although they do exist... there's not a whole lot.... and it sux, because I don't have a lot I can post about without getting flamed.... the only reason I posted that, was because how the guy was trying to mac his stuff infront of the car of girls...... and then got PWNED1
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

It's just kinda frustrating guys.... there really aren't a whole lot of cars that I can't beat out there... although they do exist... there's not a whole lot.... and it sux, because I don't have a lot I can post about without getting flamed.... the only reason I posted that, was because how the guy was trying to mac his stuff infront of the car of girls...... and then got PWNED1
    A good friend of mine just got a turbo setup on his 1998 TransAm. I haven't seen it yet, but he said he also got the motor redone, and he's putting out close to 700 hp. Depending on where you live, I may be able to get you a race with him. I'd guess you'd have your hands full with his car.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

man, that sounds sweet!!!! Mad respect for the turbo ls1's!!!! Like I said, I'm not the fastest thing on the road... i'm faster than most though.... but I'd be surprised if I could keep up.... if he gets traction.... I'd be done.... I'd like to talk to him sometime.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

man, that sounds sweet!!!! Mad respect for the turbo ls1's!!!! Like I said, I'm not the fastest thing on the road... i'm faster than most though.... but I'd be surprised if I could keep up.... if he gets traction.... I'd be done.... I'd like to talk to him sometime.
    Yeah, it's a really nice car. It also has over 120,000 miles on it! But, he did get a rebuild.

The last time I rode in the car he was running an ATI Procharger and 12 psi, I believe, and he said he was probably putting out about 460 hp at the wheels. The car was VERY quick! That car would just not stop pulling! I can't imagine the acceleration now, but I'm definitely looking forward to riding in it.

I believe he went with the Squires "rear-mounted" turbo setup. I know he spent a pretty penny on it.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast