She's Gone - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on She's Gone within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, that really sucks man! I hope that you can get compensation for all your mods. If not, go down ...

wow, that really sucks man!

I hope that you can get compensation for all your mods. If not, go down to the impound lot and pull every aftermarket piece you can off of it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a shame they didn't die in the crash. That pole should have gone through them instead.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Sorry to hear that man, just makes me pissed off to see people treat other human beings like this.

Thanks for all the support guys, I just don't understand how someone could take someones property and be so careless! I have alot of friends who have alot of money invested in their cars and I know what it took them to get it there and I won't even drive their cars because I know how I would feel if something would happen to their car under my possesion and then to have a total stranger take your car that you've spent all your time and effort in to make it yours really sucks ass!!! Good news is I've already found another STI I'm just waiting for some paper work from the insurance company so I can take it to the bank and show the bank the old loan will be paid off so I can get financed for a new loan!!! NOTHING CAN KEEP THE SUBIE NATION DOWN!!!!!!

Your mods are not gone!!!

The car is YOUR PROPERTY until you sign it over to them. That means if there are pieces you want to keep for the next car, do it. You can't leave anything missing of course; if you remove an aftermarket downpipe for example you've got to replace it with a stocker. This assumes there are still parts on it you'd want to keep that aren't destroyed.

If you'd rather the insurance company pay you for those mods then just leave 'em on there. If not, or it looks like they'll balk at paying for those parts, remove what you want now!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Your mods are not gone!!!

The car is YOUR PROPERTY until you sign it over to them.
    Partially true..
    If he wants insurance to cover it, he's got to prove the items were his, or that they were on the car when it was stolen. This can be terribly difficult to prove. Unless he has "CPE" (Customized Parts and Equipment) the insurance company will not pay for them. Trust me, I found out the hard way.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    Just to clarify, not the agent, the adjuster. The agent just sells the insurance.
    You are correct, it was the adjuster who got hell.

You can demand all you want, but like you said, they insured a stock car. I dont' think Colorado is a friendly insurance state, either.
    In my case I got them to bump up the condition they said the car was in for a few K. I also got coverage for my aftermarket parts using the dealer upgrade codes, e.g. gauges were covered as the dealer installed ones.

But for everyone else, you can get those things covered if you pay more in insurance premiums by declaring a new value on the vehicle, sometimes.
    Yah I feel really dumb for not doing this. A rider for a flat $5k in coverage is only a few bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    Partially true..
    If he wants insurance to cover it, he's got to prove the items were his, or that they were on the car when it was stolen. This can be terribly difficult to prove. Unless he has "CPE" (Customized Parts and Equipment) the insurance company will not pay for them. Trust me, I found out the hard way.
    This can be hell. In my case I had to get a receipt for every item, even ones that were still on the car.

Nonetheless, you can still take off your aftermarket parts and leave the stock counterpart. They do not own those parts or your car until you sign it over.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    This can be hell. In my case I had to get a receipt for every item, even ones that were still on the car.

Nonetheless, you can still take off your aftermarket parts and leave the stock counterpart. They do not own those parts or your car until you sign it over.
    yup.. so were you able to salvage any mods?
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    yup.. so were you able to salvage any mods?

I took my buddie with me to look over the car and nothing in the engine compartment looks real promising I'm gona pull the turbo off and take that and I think maybe the up pipe is savagable I won't know until I pull these parts off! But I am gonna pull my head deck, amps and woofers out of the trunk and take all my gauges out of the car! I'ts just depressing to go look at her in that condition!!!

I know how you feel. I had to strip my my Eclipse to put the parts into a replacement (same year) GSX.

4-5 years later I had to strip this car to put all the mods on this one.

It's really not a fun experience.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe
    No, I hope YOU find the person who did it because you will serve them more justly than "the law".

i hope you dont cuz we dont want to hear of a fellow wrexer go to prison for some azzclowns stupidity. it sounds like whoever it was probably has a few nots and bruises anyway. he'll get his, guaranteed. pray for him. amen.
    Why would you pray for the guy? Maybe pray that the next time he steals a car the pole he hits goes through the windshield into his skull. I have no problem wishing ill will on a person that cannot respect someone else's hard earned posession. This guy wants the fun of a nice car, doesnt put in his own work to earn one, and lives vicariously through stealing someone's property. Whether or not he steals another car doesnt mean he wont steal something else. Cars are high up on the scale of theft. This criminal deserves nothing. Id rather see some form of justice served by the old owner than hope he somehow gets in trouble down the road or in a cave with frie and devils. I say you sleep with his mom, and not call her back afterwards. Then shake his hand and say "mmm that hand smells like victory...cuz it touched your mom. "

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    Why would you pray for the guy? Maybe pray that the next time he steals a car the pole he hits goes through the windshield into his skull. I have no problem wishing ill will on a person that cannot respect someone else's hard earned posession. This guy wants the fun of a nice car, doesnt put in his own work to earn one, and lives vicariously through stealing someone's property. Whether or not he steals another car doesnt mean he wont steal something else. Cars are high up on the scale of theft. This criminal deserves nothing. Id rather see some form of justice served by the old owner than hope he somehow gets in trouble down the road or in a cave with frie and devils. I say you sleep with his mom, and not call her back afterwards. Then shake his hand and say "mmm that hand smells like victory...cuz it touched your mom. "

+10

sorry bout your loss people that steal cars should be shot
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    I took my buddie with me to look over the car and nothing in the engine compartment looks real promising I'm gona pull the turbo off and take that and I think maybe the up pipe is savagable I won't know until I pull these parts off! But I am gonna pull my head deck, amps and woofers out of the trunk and take all my gauges out of the car! I'ts just depressing to go look at her in that condition!!!
    Glad there is stuff left to salvage. In my case they left every single aftermarket mod (BBK, rims, VS0, and adjustable suspension) but took all my stock seats, head unit, driver side window glass, door molding, etc. These Fvckers were dumb as hell, they wrecked a perfectly good car and failed to take anything of value. But hell, I ended up with a car I like more so Kudos to them I suppose...

Don't sign until you get a settlement you are happy with. Their first offer is just that an offer, reject it.

I'm sorry for your loss. I understand exactly what you are going through. Cheer up.

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.