04 WRX vs 03 350z
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 03 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Little fun I with a friend. My wrx Mods: Stage 2 vs 2003 350z Mods: injen CAI Top ...

04 WRX vs 03 350z

Hey guys,

Little fun I with a friend.

My wrx
    Mods:
    Stage 2
    vs
    2003 350z
    Mods:
    injen CAI
    Top Speed cat-back exhaust.

My friend and I meet once in a week (Usually Saturday). We work together in the same company, and we got the cars just about the same time.

We both approached each other's car carefully, not knowing the capabilities of the cars.
    We did couple of runs on the highway:
    From a dig: I'm sure I was going to win. Tried and just stopped.
    From a roll:
    20mph ~ I kept up with him all the way to 80's
    40mph ~ same
    60mph ~ he was pulling a bit away, but caught up with him. Stayed behind him till 125+ and slowed down. I could have passed, but it was a bit dangerous, so I decelarated.

Conclusion:
    I though I was never going to be able to keep up with him. I test drove that z and it felt really strong.
    My friend also was surprised. He thought he was going to leave me on the dust.

It was very fun to do these runs, but it scared me a bit. I know it is not safe to do this on the streets. I'll take it him to the track next time. Maybe I can walk him next time.
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good stuff
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.

Not from a roll it won't. from a dig again is a different story though. What did he mean by from a dig he stopped? I don't get it.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

It's good to hear a first-hand story. I would love to run a Z. I'm protuned stage 2 so it sounds like I won't do too bad. Good run!

bolt ons for the Z dont do anything really. it comes preety much maxed out from the factory
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.
    his WRX is a 4EAT (auto)

Isn't there a model year where hp on the Z goes up like 04+?

Sorry guys lol. No I'm not 4EAT.

what I meant from a dig. From a stop position. ~

I did a run before when I was completely stock, but it was not something like this saturday. (I just had a feeling that I was not going to keep up w/ him)

I didn't know those mod's didn't do much for the z's.

For some reason, I couldn't walk him, lots of cars around, also scared of cops.

We'll try once again I'm sure.

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

I've driven a 2003 and 2005 350Z, and though there was an 11bhp difference, you couldn't feel too much (it could be due to the weight difference in the two cars, the 2003 was a base coupe, and the 2005 was a touring roadster), and they are incredibly fun cars, if not the fastest thing on the road. As I recall, the 350Z tied the BMW M3 (and the Mazda RX-8) around Top Gear's test track (though they were all beaten by the Vauxhall VXR/LS2 GTO) so, even though it has to be saddled with a utilitarian engine and shared platform, the car is plenty capable.

I'd imagine the cars are pretty even.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

I raced a 350Z -- it was yellow. I guess I didn't know they made them in yellow. Anyway we raced from a roll and it was ugly. I beat him by several cars. So you should've beat him by more I'm guessing. They are really sweet-looking cars, though. I wouldn't mind having one. Just add the supercharger kit and you're good to go.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

yeah i am turboxs stage 2 and i walk 350's(that are close to stock) from a roll. i have yet to run into one with major mods, the ones i have raced have an intake and catback.

stage 2 barely beat a 350z? Doesn't a stock 350z run only like 14.1-14.5 quartermile? I raced my friends stock 350z against my stock 05 wrx and I beat him from a dig.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Ive heard of a few high 13's stock.... (unless my friend with a Z is just makin sh!t up.)
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Ive heard of a few high 13's stock.... (unless my friend with a Z is just makin sh!t up.)
    I saw a 350Z club at the track last season and there were about 10 of'em. None of them ran faster than 14.30s @ 98 mph.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast