04 WRX vs 03 350z - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 03 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 1flySTI Here you go.. Living proof that a Z with bolt ons can walk an STI from ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1flySTI
    Here you go.. Living proof that a Z with bolt ons can walk an STI from a roll. STI had turbo back exhaust, intake, high flow cat but no tune. Video Proof

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...FA38255E70.htm
    So basically a cat to rob it of power then toss in an intake that can do the same.

Cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    That's the famous Alberto you are talking about.
    I know before Alberto took out his engine to get it modified he ran 11.9 with boost. He has Turbonetics single turbo.
    Last edited by 1flySTI; 07-13-2006 at 12:24 PM.
    FS: 05 350Z Touring. PM for price and pics.

Last time I've heard, he blew his motor and he was going to get it fixed. Don't know what he is doing so far on it. He's well know for his shifting methods and his 1/4mile times on the track N/A.
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Ill show you one in a heartbeat if you mean just 350Z. Theres a guy on www.my350Z.com that has all bolt ons and he ran 13.77 in the quarter mile with video proof of it. He was at 262 at the rear wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Agreed. I've yet to see 300 whp from bolt-on on 350Z message boards.
    How is 262 rwhp same as 300 rwhp?

What kind of math is this? 262 =/= 300.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    How is 262 rwhp same as 300 rwhp?

What kind of math is this? 262 =/= 300.
    wow i just noticed your right.

im sure if i search there will be one that has headwork done and all bolt ons and tuned to reach 300 or a little more. Point in hand who needs 300 whp on a z to beat wrx/sti from a roll.

On the 3fittyz forums, the highest NA z was rated at 292, with internal mods. I have not heard of a z pass 300whp mark yet. Of course depending on the dyno etc...
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

I sure do love boosted z's

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    On the 3fittyz forums, the highest NA z was rated at 292, with internal mods. I have not heard of a z pass 300whp mark yet. Of course depending on the dyno etc...
    Yes you are correct. depending on the dyno. All the ones im talking about are on DynoJet. So they are accurate. some dynos will inflate the HP.

*Edit* - Dynojet SAE corrected
    Last edited by 1flySTI; 07-13-2006 at 01:15 PM.

dynojets are high reading, but setup incorrectly can be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.
    i drive 05 stg2 wrx and i beat 350z like its my job.at the track they run low 14s im runing 13.5

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv
    i drive 05 stg2 wrx and i beat 350z like its my job.at the track they run low 14s im runing 13.5
    Guess it just all depends on the driver. i know thats with your upgrades. Alberto runs 1/4's stock 13.77 and with N/A mods he runs 13.11. so its really a drivers race. Both very quick cars.

Guess it just all depends on the driver. i know thats with your upgrades. Alberto runs 1/4's stock 13.77 and with N/A mods he runs 13.11. so its really a drivers race. Both very quick cars.
    Alberto is a friggin BEAST. I've seen some of his vids, and I always worry he's just going to break the shifter right off.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here you go.. Living proof that a Z with bolt ons can walk an STI from a roll. STI had turbo back exhaust, intake, high flow cat but no tune. Video Proof

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...FA38255E70.htm
    I remember when that came out. We had a little "discussion" going on between the 350Z boards and this one. A few challenges were thrown and guess what? A few 350Z's got owned by yours truly. 2 track models and another model (forget the name). The 2 track models had bolt ons too. My STi was stock at the time. It wasn't even close. From every speed....I would pull and keep pulling. But hey....anything can happen on the road right?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

good run

Having owned a Cobb Stage II with Sti RA gears, my experience is both cars are neck and neck from a roll, (I had a G35 coupe glued to my arse coming out of a toll booth couple years back)
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.