04 WRX vs 03 350z - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 03 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX It sure does my bro with a Z beat a STi (stock) from a roll and ...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX
    It sure does my bro with a Z beat a STi (stock) from a roll and his mods were a injen cai, HKS tru dual
    If it was from a higher roll then I am not suprised. The new Z will trap 101/102 stock and with true duals and intake I could see a good driver getting traps into the 103/104 range which is right around where an STi would be. However, I would think that if he won, it was by a pretty small amount.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

300whp is not possible at all with just bolt ons. A buddy of mine had a silver 03 with every bolt on imaginable and only threw down roughly 275whp. Show me a dyno slip of a 350Z with just bolt ons that put down 300whp. I'm not trying to stir up an argument. I just don't see how it's possible.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

was his Z tuned for the added bolt ons? cant just install a bunch of bolt ons with no tuning....

K guys little update.

He has almost every single breathing mods that is possible. He dyno'd @ 267whp. That includes the plenum spacer, Injen short air intake, crank pulley/ belts, exhaust and test pipes.
    I'm stage 2 protuned: Perrin Turbo inlet, Stock intake, up/dp catless, HKS catback, Samco Intercooler Hoses etc..

Well from a dig, no comments...
    from a roll I can actually pull on him now. From a High speed roll lets say 80's we stay together till 110 and I can walk him. (To 135+)

He is not tuned yet. He is going to get Utec and a protune sometime next month. I think if he gets his tune done, I'll be no match.

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr
    300whp is not possible at all with just bolt ons. A buddy of mine had a silver 03 with every bolt on imaginable and only threw down roughly 275whp. Show me a dyno slip of a 350Z with just bolt ons that put down 300whp. I'm not trying to stir up an argument. I just don't see how it's possible.
    Agreed. I've yet to see 300 whp from bolt-on on 350Z message boards.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.
    Was it a 6 speed? or auto?

Intake - not really. The best intake to buy is JimWolf becuase it uses the stock length of the intake. Nissan did so much research on the airflow into the engine, thats why you dont replace that. If you do ive heard stories where it made it worse. but that adds about 4-5 HP

Exhaust - Nope. Not at all. And i love the way the stock exhaust sounds. You might get 2 or 3 HP on Exhaust.

I know with the 03 and 04 Z's correct me if im wrong but those came with 280 HP crank with 6sp. tranny. and the manual it was like 235. and the 05 and 06 are 300 with the 6sp.

from a roll at 60 plus the Z should have been pulling away. Esp. at higher speeds because of the top speed. The Z has a higher top speed then the WRX so there for it should pull harder past 110 120 MPH. From a dig you will get him everytime b/c all wheel drive. you can launch at higher RPM.
    Last edited by 1flySTI; 07-13-2006 at 07:57 AM.
    FS: 05 350Z Touring. PM for price and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Agreed. I've yet to see 300 whp from bolt-on on 350Z message boards.
    Ill show you one in a heartbeat if you mean just 350Z. Theres a guy on www.my350Z.com that has all bolt ons and he ran 13.13 in the quarter mile with video proof of it. He was at 262 at the rear wheels.
    Last edited by 1flySTI; 07-13-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.

My 02 wrx with stage 2 was right about even with a 350z and thos mods... its really a drivers race.. Sounds right to me..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

6spd manual. 03 350z

Update: We did couple of runs last week. Wow that thing pulls now. He got protuned w/ utec. The base run, (corrected) was @ 255 whp. The utec brought out the beautiful torque and HP curve. He actually gained 12whp from utec. MRC motorsports is a great place to get ur ride tuned.

His monster just walks right by me. At about 90's we are running at the same pace and we shut down after 100+. Overall his car runs great after the tune. If I had a 350z i wouldn't hesitate to get UTEC.

Steve
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

worst part about the utec at this point is that turboxs is the "company" selling it.

They should sell that technology to someone that's actually going to support it.

Yep yep Brian, that is correct. They had a recall recently, they had a bug in the system, which now they corrected it. So far so good. He is in love with his ride....

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    worst part about the utec at this point is that turboxs is the "company" selling it.

They should sell that technology to someone that's actually going to support it.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Here you go.. Living proof that a Z with bolt ons can walk an STI from a roll. STI had turbo back exhaust, intake, high flow cat but no tune. Video Proof

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...FA38255E70.htm

That's the famous Alberto you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 1flySTI
    Here you go.. Living proof that a Z with bolt ons can walk an STI from a roll. STI had turbo back exhaust, intake, high flow cat but no tune. Video Proof

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...FA38255E70.htm
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    That's the famous Alberto you are talking about.
    haha yes it is. His Z is going to be sick when he gets his motor back.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    Yep yep Brian, that is correct. They had a recall recently, they had a bug in the system, which now they corrected it. So far so good. He is in love with his ride....

Steve
    sorry I'm a little disturbed at the fact it takes 2 years to get an update for the evo firmware. They're a joke, and that's giving them more credit than they deserve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast