04 WRX vs 03 350z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 03 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7 Ive heard of a few high 13's stock.... (unless my friend with a Z is just ...

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Ive heard of a few high 13's stock.... (unless my friend with a Z is just makin sh!t up.)
    My uncle and pops both have Z's (kinda funny), but my uncle ran a 13.8 bone stock (2005) Z. My dad has yet to run because he just broke the engine in.
    When I read posts on the Z boards of them beating STi's/Wrx's its mostly from a roll.

Forced Induction is what does wonders to the Z. Adding an intake and headers/exhaust, really wont net too much.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    My uncle and pops both have Z's (kinda funny), but my uncle ran a 13.8 bone stock (2005) Z. My dad has yet to run because he just broke the engine in.
    When I read posts on the Z boards of them beating STi's/Wrx's its mostly from a roll.

Forced Induction is what does wonders to the Z. Adding an intake and headers/exhaust, really wont net too much.

Yep, my good friends got a Z with a few bolt-ons and the difference doesn't seem to noticable besides sound.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Yep, my good friends got a Z with a few bolt-ons and the difference doesn't seem to noticable besides sound.
    To him it does though
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Yeh, my uncle actually has the aps twin turbo kit in transit. Cant wait to see what that dyno's at.

Yeh, my uncle actually has the aps twin turbo kit in transit. Cant wait to see what that dyno's at.

TT 350Z... wow i can only imagine. Thats awesome, let us know what it dynos at. My friend has told me that its possible to get 300whp from bolt ons and ecu... this sound right?

TT 350Z... wow i can only imagine. Thats awesome, let us know what it dynos at. My friend has told me that its possible to get 300whp from bolt ons and ecu... this sound right?
    Actually its more like 400whp. Out of the factory they have 287bhp.

Actually its more like 400whp. Out of the factory they have 287bhp.

From just bolt-ons (no turbo).....300whp seem a little much?

good runs

From just bolt-ons (no turbo).....300whp seem a little much?
    Oooops. Totally misread that. Your exactly right.

Hey guys, do you think it would have been different if I had an uppipe?

btw. Uncle Lewie, how is your tuned car.. very different from stage 2 untuned?

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    Hey guys, do you think it would have been different if I had an uppipe?

btw. Uncle Lewie, how is your tuned car.. very different from stage 2 untuned?

Steve
    Yeh more torque down low, and im not running pig rich anymore.

Yes get an upipe. If cheesybacon reads this, he will back me up 100%. Get rid of those cats.

With the 3.5L displacement of the 350Z engine, you can pick up decent gains from a CAI and cat-back (just check Stillen's website). Probably along the lines of 12-15 whp. However, with that said, uncle lewie wrx is right that only forced induction does major wonders for these cars.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

300 whp is do-able with just bolt-ons. Tough, but possible. Once you go with the twin turbines, the sky is the limit. At low psi (around 8-9) I've seen 400+ hp. Apparently that's a pretty safe set-up and some have run the TT @ low boost for 50k+. If you crank up the boost some Z's have seen 650 hp Traction is a whole different issue though...
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    With the 3.5L displacement of the 350Z engine, you can pick up decent gains from a CAI and cat-back (just check Stillen's website). Probably along the lines of 12-15 whp. However, with that said, uncle lewie wrx is right that only forced induction does major wonders for these cars.
    Exactly. But 12-15whp for a Z owner who is satisfied with right around 300whp isnt bad, it just seems like its expensive to get there.
    I have heard mixed reviews however on the FI issue. Some have no problems where others are blowing their engines left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Does an intake and catback do much for a 350Z? I would think a Stage II WRX would be able to pull away from a relatively stock Z.
    It sure does my bro with a Z beat a STi (stock) from a roll and his mods were a injen cai, HKS tru dual

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.