frum roll....WRX vs. SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on frum roll....WRX vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AngelBoy umm, 60' times are good to analyze so you can find ways to improve your launching ...

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    umm, 60' times are good to analyze so you can find ways to improve your launching technique or driving strategy. It's not the total picture.

in the total picture, 90% of WRX's are raped by SRT's in the 1/4 mile. It would be ricy of a WRX owner to get spanked in the 1/4 repeatedly and then find a way to win with the 60'.

WRX will always be the better car but let's choose our battles carefully.

The WRX built its reputation on being a European sports car for European roads. Wanna drag race? Go American.
    I still don't think most drivers out there can handle a drop clutch launch on an SRT-4 without seriously spinning the front tires. I've burned the hell out of the front tires of an Acura TSX when I wasn't paying attention to my revs.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I still don't think most drivers out there can handle a drop clutch launch on an SRT-4 without seriously spinning the front tires. I've burned the hell out of the front tires of an Acura TSX when I wasn't paying attention to my revs.

on slicks or street tires? i've launched my car at 5k on slicks, with all grip and go with 1.760ft
    now on street tires you can come off idle like u leave a stop light, floor it and still spin all of 1st, 2nd and chirp 3rd. in stock form.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    I'm calling BS..SRT4's are known to break the sound barrier from a dig and the speed of light from a roll.

+1 SRT4 iS ThA F4$T3R$

it was in fact NOT jesus himself pulling 1.6 60"s, but Chuck Norris staring down the tires as he launched like the founding neon forefathers............
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

I Support ClubWRX
    Frum?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Frum?
    Dear Rabbi,

What is the definition of "frum" and what determines if you ainít "frum?"

Dear Yonasan Shapiro,

Frum is a Yiddish word. It originally meant "pious." In Europe, when all Jews were Torah-observant, "frum" meant one who was exceptionally religious and righteous.

Today, when so many Jews are not Torah-observant, "frum" has come to mean anyone who believes in the Torah and is observant of its laws.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    on slicks or street tires? i've launched my car at 5k on slicks, with all grip and go with 1.760ft
    now on street tires you can come off idle like u leave a stop light, floor it and still spin all of 1st, 2nd and chirp 3rd. in stock form.
    Yeah, that was on street tires. I was mainly talking about SRT-4s on the streets, and the average consumer. Most people don't drive on slicks on daily basis, I imagine.
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywrx
    it was in fact NOT jesus himself pulling 1.6 60"s, but Chuck Norris staring down the tires as he launched like the founding neon forefathers............

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Dear Rabbi,

What is the definition of "frum" and what determines if you ainít "frum?"

Dear Yonasan Shapiro,

Frum is a Yiddish word. It originally meant "pious." In Europe, when all Jews were Torah-observant, "frum" meant one who was exceptionally religious and righteous.

Today, when so many Jews are not Torah-observant, "frum" has come to mean anyone who believes in the Torah and is observant of its laws.
    You learn something new everyday.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    Yeah, that was on street tires. I was mainly talking about SRT-4s on the streets, and the average consumer. Most people don't drive on slicks on daily basis, I imagine.

oh yeah this car is useless on the street from a stop. 2.5 60fts FOR LIFE!
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    oh yeah this car is useless on the street from a stop. 2.5 60fts FOR LIFE!
    That's what I thought. For me, I like FWD cars that are small hatchbacks that handle very well with little power. Think GTI, Mini, Focus, that stuff. The SRT-4 is really cool, though, it just wouldn't be my choice if I were to buy another FWD car that wasn't just for Autocrossing (I'd look at the SRT-4 ACR, or a more cost-effective idea, my 5K used Focus ZX3).

Lancaster's not too far from my normal home, by the way.
    04 VW Passat 1.8T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.