Willing competition: zero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Willing competition: zero within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sup guys I'm a little new around here so be gentle. Anyways, i live in Columbus, a decent sized city ...

Willing competition: zero

sup guys I'm a little new around here so be gentle. Anyways, i live in Columbus, a decent sized city in Georgia (a bit smaller than Atlanta). I just got my '05 WRX about a month ago after i wrecked my old car about 4 months ago (a '97 Volvo 960, pretty big jump i know). Not much competition wise around here for my subie, besides the occassional passing 'vette. I have seen an Evolution or two around, but only a few times in the year and a half that I've been driving. Subies are a dfferent story though. I've counted about 4 WRXs and 1 STI since the beginning of my driving days. The WRXs are mostly the bugeyed model, with only one other '04-'05 model in town (black like mine too...wierd). But back to my point, nobody in this town has any balls as far as stoplight drags go. Sure i pull up next to modded civics (bodykits at least) all the time, but half the time they ignore my invitation for a match, and even when i get their attention, most of the time they puss out and refuse to accept my challenge. How can u think u have a right to slap a body kit and a muffler on your car when u dont even have the dignity to at least give someone who challenges you a sample of your full throttle. The other day i pulled up next to a nice looking Prelude (as nice as a honda can get at least) at a red light. "Perfect opportunity" i thought as a gazed at the empty two lane road ahead. The prelude was decked out with a body kit, aftermarket muffler, and a lowered suspension from the looks of it. The dude even had a buddy in the passenger seat with him, so i figured there was no way he was going to back down. "This guys gotta be dying for a race" i thought as i caught the guys glance and motioned to the street ahead. As soon as the light turned, i gunned it focusing on nothing but the tarmac in front of me. After about 5 seconds i looked in my rear view mirror and to my surprise the guy had hardly even left the light yet. He utterly and completely wussed out and backed down from my challenge. But hey, his body kit is still sweet right...pfff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

take it easy on you? What was your point? I dont see any!

You cant beat an Evo or STI in your stock WRX, so no point in saying you dont see any as you'd be sniffling if you did attempt to pull with one

their are many honda's that will hand you your azz also

WRX is a sweet ride, enjoy and take it easy

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you are looking for some willing competition, head down to your local drag strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    If you are looking for some willing competition, head down to your local drag strip.
    +5001 you want people to race you or not? if you run around the street picking on Honda's you're not gonna get much respect....even if you get the occasional "good race" on the street, it's still not real racing.

relax, dude stop looking for fights on the street and go to the track!
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

You are acting a fool. Go to a driving school and race on a track drag or road course.

Don't street race. You will get caught and be faced with an ugly ticket and possible
    impound of your car.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    take it easy on you? What was your point? I dont see any!
    There are many honda's that will hand you your azz also...WRX is a sweet ride, enjoy and take it easy
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    +5001 you want people to race you or not? if you run around the street picking on Honda's you're not gonna get much respect....even if you get the occasional "good race" on the street, it's still not real racing.
    relax, dude stop looking for fights on the street and go to the track!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoore
    You are acting a fool. Go to a driving school and race on a track drag or road course.
    Don't street race. You will get caught and be faced with an ugly ticket and possible
    impound of your car.
    +1

Enough said.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by pjb2006
    As soon as the light turned, i gunned it focusing on nothing but the tarmac in front of me. After about 5 seconds i looked in my rear view mirror and to my surprise the guy had hardly even left the light yet. He utterly and completely wussed out and backed down from my challenge.
    I want a video of that. Seriously though, nobody ever races me either, so I go to the dragstrip a lot. http://www.georgiadragracing.com/dragstrips/index.html
    N.E. F4
    Mods

your a tool

dood, you should trade your wrx for an srt4. youll get mad props for days from them honda guys and when they hear your bov then they will all want to race you
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Judging from my experience with steet racing, in chicago and the twin citys (MN), you need to network with racers and then set races up (not on here though). Im not saying that random races from stop lights arn't fun or that you shouldn't do it, its just most people are too scared of tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoore

impound of your car.

I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Telling him not to street race in the WRX vs the Workd Forum of this website is pretty rediculous. This forum is full of street races. I would say 90+% of the post in this section of the forum are about street races.

I also think he is just a little frustrated about not getting a race. That will soon change. It only took me 15 minutes after getting my new WRX to get beat. I got completely slaughtered by a Mustang Cobra racing from a roll. Soon he will get his doors blown off by any number of cars. A stock WRX is easy prey for a lot of cars on the street.

you wanna race a STI or a EVO in a stock wrx?????

you must be playing GT4 or something.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    you wanna race a STI or a EVO in a stock wrx?????

you must be playing GT4 or something.....
    listen guys, im not saying that i think I'm competition for STIs or EVOs or Cobras or Corvettes. But ya gotta hand it to me, the WRX is more than competition for the vast majority of the cars on the road. And no, I haven't been blown away by some car that is faster than mine, yet. The day that some guy decides to race me and happens to blow me away will be a great day. Just having the chance to see what a car can do is exciting, even if it is enough to leave me in the dust. I think you're right though, most people are too scared to get tickets. Luckily though, Columbus has a slight shortage of policemen and they are pretty thinnly dispersed about the town (and concentrated in certain areas so its pretty easy to predict where they are on a given night). Recently I've also discovered that there's a bit of a car community that meets on most Saturday nights in a park parking lot. I've driven by on a couple of Saturday nights to see if they regularly meet, and they do. Just tonight actually i drove through to check out the scene. Mostly hondas of course, but a few eclipses as well, and quite a few mustangs too. Just wondering, how do you usually get invovled in communities like this? Like you were saying, it's probably best to set things up through networks and such instead of just riding around randomly.
    black 2005 WRX @ 16 psi

Tsudo up/down pipe, HKS catback, Txs intake, Txs rfl bov, Perrin crank pulley, Txs boost controller, Autometer NV boost gauge

There's lots of enlisted people at Ft. Benning that think they're fast in whatever fart-mobile they're driving. I used to handle 'em all the time on 185 on my trips to Colubus for work. Now that I don't work there anymore, no more trips for me to Columbus.

The only person that ever challenged me (he started it) while I was there was a kid in a supercharged Ion. Unfortunately for him I was still in my old Stealth, and we were at a redlight that was a double-lane left turn from Macon Road onto I-185 North. He had neither the power nor the traction to handle what he got handed to him that day. He tried from a roll a few more times but had no prayer. There must have been at least a 15 mph trap difference and assuming that AWD car was slow from a roll was the wrong answer.

Now that I drive a Legacy, nobody starts anything with me. It's better that way because I've been arrested twice for racing and I'm through with that. I'm too old!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by pjb2006
    listen guys, im not saying that i think I'm competition for STIs or EVOs or Cobras or Corvettes. But ya gotta hand it to me, the WRX is more than competition for the vast majority of the cars on the road. And no, I haven't been blown away by some car that is faster than mine, yet. The day that some guy decides to race me and happens to blow me away will be a great day. Just having the chance to see what a car can do is exciting, even if it is enough to leave me in the dust. I think you're right though, most people are too scared to get tickets. Luckily though, Columbus has a slight shortage of policemen and they are pretty thinnly dispersed about the town (and concentrated in certain areas so its pretty easy to predict where they are on a given night). Recently I've also discovered that there's a bit of a car community that meets on most Saturday nights in a park parking lot. I've driven by on a couple of Saturday nights to see if they regularly meet, and they do. Just tonight actually i drove through to check out the scene. Mostly hondas of course, but a few eclipses as well, and quite a few mustangs too. Just wondering, how do you usually get invovled in communities like this? Like you were saying, it's probably best to set things up through networks and such instead of just riding around randomly.
    Where the hell is Columbus? You ever in Gwinnett? I'll take ya on..

Tyler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast