Cobalt SS vs. 06 TR
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobalt SS vs. 06 TR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was cruising down the boulevard and spotted a Cobalt SS. We're going about 40-45 mph. There was a ...

Cobalt SS vs. 06 TR

Well I was cruising down the boulevard and spotted a Cobalt SS. We're going about 40-45 mph.

There was a girl driving, she didn't look like she really wanted to race. I paced her a couple times and didn't seem to get any response. I was up so she was at my rear bumper and letting off the throttle to get back to the speed limit when she zoomed past! I was like huh? OH!

I grabbed 2nd and took off. I wasn't sure if I was going to catch her, I knew those were pretty quick. I reeled her in more quickly than I expected. As I grabbed third, I was passing her. By 80 mph I had a car length. I hit the brakes when I saw the cop car, luckily there was no one in it.

At the next stop light she gave me a smile. I motioned to go from a stop but she would have none of it. She knew her chances were non-existant.

Aren't cobalts supposed to be fast?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it wasnt a girl behind the wheel, you might not of faired so well.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Also not all cobalt ss's are supercharged.

I've seen some pretty good girl drivers, so I wouldn't be to sure about that.

&& Good kill

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverx
    Also not all cobalt ss's are supercharged.
    I thought SS = supercharged for Cobalts.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah lots of girls are good drivers. I was just busting his balls.
    Sorry.
    Good kill
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'm looking at Chevy's website and apparently not. How can you tell them apart? It looks like the spoilers and wheels are different, although I didn't get a good look at either. I know the spoiler was quite large, although she could've always just put the SS supercharged wing on her car. The SS non-supercharged has a much smaller spoiler.

Although it makes sense. apparently the SS Supercharged has like 205 HP. According to Cobb, the 06 will put down 202 to the wheels, which means I'd win no matter what.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 01-24-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    They make the "SS" and the "SS Supercharged". Look at GM's website. Kinda had me confused too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I'm looking at Chevy's website and apparently not. How can you tell them apart? It looks like the spoilers and wheels are different, although I didn't get a good look at either. I know the spoiler was quite large, although she could've always just put the SS supercharged wing on her car. The SS non-supercharged has a much smaller spoiler.

Although it makes sense. apparently the SS Supercharged has like 205 HP. According to Cobb, the 06 will put down 202 to the wheels, which means I'd win no matter what.
    Don't count on it. I thought I read somewhere that they were putting 200-210 down at the wheels, severely underrated like the SRT-4 if true. Plus they are pretty light, probably a couple hundred pounds lighter than your TR, but I am not sure.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

One of them tried racing me while I was driving my brothers 350Z. Ouch, he will not try it again.

it was a 40mph roll, by the end of 100 I had maybe 12 car lengths

You can tell he was not good at driving stick. He started it, I ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    One of them tried racing me while I was driving my brothers 350Z. Ouch, he will not try it again.

it was a 40mph roll, by the end of 100 I had maybe 12 car lengths

You can tell he was not good at driving stick. He started it, I ended it.

It had to be a non supercharged version. The supercharged version (Traps 99mph) would probably give a 350z a good race from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Don't count on it. I thought I read somewhere that they were putting 200-210 down at the wheels, severely underrated like the SRT-4 if true. Plus they are pretty light, probably a couple hundred pounds lighter than your TR, but I am not sure.
    Yeah, most dyno's I have seen have them putting down more to the wheels than the manufacturer states to the crank, lol.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah, 2 different SS's

They make one with a N/A 2.4ltr engine that puts out 170hp and a 2.0ltr Supercharged version that puts out 205hp.

A standard WRX should be as quick if not a little quicker than the Supercharged version, especially a 2006 WRX. I don't know why everyone thinks he had to have raced the non-blown model. From what I have heard, the 2.4 is a dog, he would have blown that one away. This race sounded fairly close.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Well theres 2 things that could've happened.

It was supercharged or

It wasn't supercharged and my WRX isn't really a WRX, it's an impreza with a WRX badge, a fake boost gauge and turbo noises, and the "spool up" I feel is subarus VTEC equivalent kicking in. Damn those dealers, fooling me. lol

It had to be supercharged. It had the wing, and I didn't exactly blow it's doors off. I mean, it was quick, but just not as quick as the 06 TR.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

yeah those ss supercharged cobalts are pretty fast stock, but they dont really compare to a WRX or are even in the same league as the STI. I think the level right below the WRX/Evolution/SRT4 category sounds more like its speed rank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.