WRX takes on Gen 2 Talon tsi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX takes on Gen 2 Talon tsi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was just driving along with my gf earlier tonight and outta nowhere comes these 2 kids in an ...

WRX takes on Gen 2 Talon tsi

so i was just driving along with my gf earlier tonight and outta nowhere comes these 2 kids in an awd talon tsi. overall, good lookin car. loud as hell, lots of gauges, moved pretty quick. nothing too special though. my only engine mods are currently a tbe and up pipe. we went from a 25 mph roll and i definately grabbed him from the go. we only went up to around 65-70 because we were on the local highway (speed limit 55mph). by the time i hit 70mph, i had maybe 2 cars on him. i thought i was gonna be dusted, but i was impressed. i guess he was a bit more show than go and trust me he doesnt have to much show either! sorry for the quick type up... on the way out the door!

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Sounds like a sweet kill, the surprises are always the best!
    "Hail to the king, baby." - BC

05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

realy sweet kill must have spent more of his money on interior bling than anything else if he couldnt atleast keep up at those speeds nothing but respect for the dsms but dont doubt your wrx i know dsms are very very capable of being fast ive owned one but not all of them are done up correctly and a stock form awd with just full exhaust will get walked on by a wrx it just weighs to much and thats what he seems to have had

my biggest fear was this the fact that the kid in his passenger seat was holding a video camera. i'm like "sh*t, this cars gotta be fast if he's willing to tape himself against a rex" but apparently he just likes to tape other cars taillights. haha thanks for all the comments.
    -mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Nice run They likely just put a BOV on and wanted to go out and test out their new found power.

In 5-7 years the WRX will be the new DSM...you just never know when you will run into a fast one, and when it's just another 16 yr old in his first car...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

only difference you will still see stock body and tasteful kits on the wrxs for years to come a dsm on the other hand bright colors and transformers seem to be catching up to the original stock ones that are left just thank paul walker and vin diesel for that one

.....oh yeah and another difference is u can be sure of knowing every wrx is boosted most people atleast the normal kind wont go putting hood scoops and fake bov sounds on a 2.5rs...unlike dsmers

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    In 5-7 years the WRX will be the new DSM...you just never know when you will run into a fast one, and when it's just another 16 yr old in his first car...

DSM's still have a better building block for power though. Sure 2g's crankwalked but they could still hold a lot more power than wrx's. We'll see what the 06 motor brings as more and more people start modding them though.

Sweet kill dude!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    DSM's still have a better building block for power though. Sure 2g's crankwalked but they could still hold a lot more power than wrx's..
    +1 on the power of the DSM

-1 on 06 WRX....i'm sorry everyone, but the EJ25T is not any more durable than the EJ20......out of all the rally rockets, it's the weakest by far...the "world" EJ20T wasn't any better, of course, but the only beefy blocks i can think of from Subaru are the 2.2L and of course the JDM EJ207..
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 01-23-2006 at 08:39 AM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by black-boxer429
    realy sweet kill must have spent more of his money on interior bling than anything else if he couldnt atleast keep up at those speeds nothing but respect for the dsms but dont doubt your wrx i know dsms are very very capable of being fast ive owned one but not all of them are done up correctly and a stock form awd with just full exhaust will get walked on by a wrx it just weighs to much and thats what he seems to have had
    Holy lack of punctuation Batman!
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Nice, I've always wondered how a WRX would fair against those.

I also wonder about stock Eclipse's vs. stock WRX's ...

Anyways, how does the gf feel about this type of thing? Does she get all upset or is she cool w/ it? That's awesome if she's into it too!!! I gotta find me one of those.

aww thanks robin i'll do better next time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.