the battle continues: wrx vs srt4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on the battle continues: wrx vs srt4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mr_Ginzo srt-4 only has a downpipe. those things are monsters..from a roll only a downpipe would make ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ginzo
    srt-4 only has a downpipe. those things are monsters..from a roll
    only a downpipe would make it a drivers race with the wrx at best, i'd take the wrx in a bet. it had more done. wrx sounded like it was ran hard and shift right. i doubt driver error. if thats tru i'm leaning towards the tune being off. cooler air from added tmic means more air in less space mixed with same amount of fuel causes it to go lean. causing knock/detonation and the ecu pulls timing, power goes by by. or a mix of both.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    only a downpipe would make it a drivers race with the wrx at best, i'd take the wrx in a bet. it had more done. wrx sounded like it was ran hard and shift right. i doubt driver error. if thats tru i'm leaning towards the tune being off. cooler air from added tmic means more air in less space mixed with same amount of fuel causes it to go lean. causing knock/detonation and the ecu pulls timing, power goes by by. or a mix of both.
    Yeah something is wrong there. My 02 is TXS STG3 and when I ran and SRT-4 from 40 to 90 it was nearly dead even. He got the jump on me and that distance stayed the same till we shut down. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy but it seemed stock.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4

an sti tmic isnt enough to make the car run lean. i dont know what it has done, but its a friekin beast from a roll
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

yeah i'd have to agree im pretty sure the sti intercool isn't gonna do enough to lean the motor out. maybe the srt-4 was stage 1 or 2, but if so wouldn't it have been closer from a stop? damn maybe he even had a 50shot or something..lol

Theres nothing neon about the SRT4.
    The bottom line is that the wrx still handles like its on rails in 8in of snow lol

Quote Originally Posted by evothis
    Theres nothing neon about the SRT4.
    Yeah....except that it's a frickin NEON! I'll remember that a SRT4 isn't a Neon the next time I pull up next to one at a stoplight and start rolling my rear windows up and down and up and down and up and down!

Steve
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

If you wanna know the truth the SRT motor is better then are little 2.0L. The wrx doesnt have the most comfortable interior either. You buy this type of car to drive not to chill in. If i wanted a car to chill in a would have gotten a benz.
    Last edited by evothis; 01-25-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in MN
    Yeah....except that it's a frickin NEON! I'll remember that a SRT4 isn't a Neon the next time I pull up next to one at a stoplight and start rolling my rear windows up and down and up and down and up and down!

Steve
    yep no rear power windows, we found out from the srt engineers that are kind enough to do Q&A sessions with us once amonth on our board. the reason for no rear power windows is in the design of the window motor, its size doesn't allows it to fit in the rear door but will in the front and dodge didn't see the benifit to contract/design if needed a power window motor just for the rear doors to neons only. as i'm sure this motor is used in all dodge/chrysler vehicles.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

the srt is a great car. When I test drove it i was impressed that it had almost no lag. The steering felt pretty good too, along with the pedals. I just didnt like the shifter. I was deciding between the srt and the wrx. What it came down to was AWD, i needed it. AWD>FWD

the srt is a great car. When I test drove it i was impressed that it had almost no lag. The steering felt pretty good too, along with the pedals. I just didnt like the shifter. I was deciding between the srt and the wrx. What it came down to was AWD, i needed it. AWD>FWD
    im in the same situation.

My friend just bought a new SRT-4 and i have yet to run him, but either way he is not going to make it through a foot of snow or anywhere of road!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRX
    My friend just bought a new SRT-4 and i have yet to run him, but either way he is not going to make it through a foot of snow or anywhere of road!
    I doubt a WRX will make it through a foot of snow either. It would have to be reeeeally fine powder, or it will get high centered.

ive done 8in of wet snow...........your underestimating the power of a rex

I Support ClubWRX
    ive done 8in of wet snow...........your underestimating the power of a rex
    You're overestimating the height of the rex

If you wanna know the truth the SRT motor is better then are little 2.0L. The wrx doesnt have the most comfortable interior either. You buy this type of car to drive not to chill in. If i wanted a car to chill in a would have gotten a benz.
    I guess personally I think my interior in my '04 WRX Wagon is extremely comfortable. I like the way the seats kinda give me a big hug.

Steve
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123