the battle continues: wrx vs srt4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on the battle continues: wrx vs srt4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yup, SRT-4 is an awesome car (IMO). Its got awesome straight line performance and for its price... it's the best ...

Yup, SRT-4 is an awesome car (IMO). Its got awesome straight line performance and for its price... it's the best bang for the buck!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 01-20-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    like he said thet have like 225whp to beat a srt u need about 300whp a bone stock sti and a stock srt are about the same

I own both STI, and SRT-4 and it is true a stock SRT-4 and a stock STI run around the same whp thats why I wasn't impressed with my STi when I first bought it, here I was spending $31,000 for this car and to find out my $21,000 SRT pulled harder and had way more top end!!! I've got around half of what i've put in my STI in my SRT-4 and still my STI can't walk my SRT unless its from a dig!! Face it guys and gals Dodge knew what they were doing when they built the SRT and by no means is this car a pushover wether in stock trim or modded!!!

but traction and the srt dont mix so when you get some high numbers in the srt its only usefull from a roll and have we seen a srt in the 10's? I havent heard of it yet but they are still the best bang for the buck and are respectable.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

Speed isn't everything.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey
    but traction and the srt dont mix so when you get some high numbers in the srt its only usefull from a roll and have we seen a srt in the 10's? I havent heard of it yet but they are still the best bang for the buck and are respectable.
    The last two years of SRT-4's came with LSD on them and traction was greatly improved. Certainly no AWD, but a large improvement over the past model SRT-4 and with the LSD the car can handle pretty well with a suspension.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

ya but the more power you put in those things all they do is spin first and second and a little of third.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey
    ya but the more power you put in those things all they do is spin first and second and a little of third.

they do that stock what are you talking about lol. there are some things to help but nothing like awd or slicks. wider tires help cause 205s sucks. then some motor mounts. will get u low 2.0s at best which isn't to bad but thats at the strip on the street, yeah its no fun. also in my big turbo setup i have gear dependant boost levels to add with traction only 12psi in 1-2 allows full throttle at any time in second gear but not a 1-2 power shift. can't have the best of both worlds. i imagine a 500sti wouldn't like quick 1-2 power shifts either. i'll take wheel spin over axel and driveshaft breaks
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

thats when u get upgraded axles

yeah the kid claimed he was stock. but turns out he has a full exhaust, intake, and probly some other stuff too. o well, i still got his ass from a stop. that was a full 1/4 mile too. its marked out
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

dont worry.....WRX is always teh FaStAr!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    That was a Cobb stage 2
    Cobb Stage 2 = EM, TBE, Uppipe

TXS Stage 3 = Cobb Stage 2 + IC

i still can't believe the outcome of that race, i never knew SRT's were that much faster.....that WRX had everything on it besides a full turbo upgrade and it still got spanked...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    Cobb Stage 2 = EM, TBE, Uppipe

TXS Stage 3 = Cobb Stage 2 + IC

i still can't believe the outcome of that race, i never knew SRT's were that much faster.....that WRX had everything on it besides a full turbo upgrade and it still got spanked...
    yeah i was surpiresed too. i knew i would take him from a dig. but from a roll i thought maybe at the most he would get 2-3 cars on me. not a bus lenght.

but so far we have discovered he has an exhaust and intake, he dosent tell anyone what he has, he just keeps saying hes stock. which is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    yeah i was surpiresed too. i knew i would take him from a dig. but from a roll i thought maybe at the most he would get 2-3 cars on me. not a bus lenght.

but so far we have discovered he has an exhaust and intake, he dosent tell anyone what he has, he just keeps saying hes stock. which is annoying

are you runnin the reg ap map in the stage 2 along with a the bigger top mount? think there is a problem in the tune with the change in air flow with added size? just curious. if your car was in top form thats what 13.0s? maybe 13.3 at worst at what 105-6? from the look of the race again its deff on the stock turbo, and no flames when shifting is either a catted exhaust or the guy didnt power shift which alot of guys do. and also a fully maxed out stock turbo, off the juice, with tunning can trap 115. hell mine trapped 110 with room to go. so no surprise on the out come from a roll. esp sence you ran him over 100. stick to the 1/4 mile u'll get him everytime.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    are you runnin the reg ap map in the stage 2 along with a the bigger top mount? think there is a problem in the tune with the change in air flow with added size? just curious. if your car was in top form thats what 13.0s? maybe 13.3 at worst at what 105-6? from the look of the race again its deff on the stock turbo, and no flames when shifting is either a catted exhaust or the guy didnt power shift which alot of guys do. and also a fully maxed out stock turbo, off the juice, with tunning can trap 115. hell mine trapped 110 with room to go. so no surprise on the out come from a roll. esp sence you ran him over 100. stick to the 1/4 mile u'll get him everytime.
    the bigger top mount isnt drasitc enough to alter the perforamnce of the stage 2 map.

srt-4 only has a downpipe. those things are monsters..from a roll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast