Speed Magazine SRT8 vs EVO MR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Speed Magazine SRT8 vs EVO MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; anyone read this article? they claim a stock Charger srt8 went 11.5 in the 1/4. They also listed the EVO ...

Speed Magazine SRT8 vs EVO MR

anyone read this article? they claim a stock Charger srt8 went 11.5 in the 1/4. They also listed the EVO at making it in 12.7 secs. I have not seen one magazine time for the srt8 lower than a 13.5. And if I remember correctly, the driver of the SRT8 thought that he was going to out handle the EVO also. That article pissed me off. Where they just making crap up or what? On a side note, I believe this is supposed to be the last issue of Speed. I can see why with crap like that. Anyone know anything else about that article?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

havn't heardabout it....but sounds like shinnanigans to me
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

There was a guy that went 11.5 @ 112 mph in a stock SRT-8. He did it in freezing cold air (30s) with high pressure and perfect tract conditions. The density altitude was way below sea level.

So the conditions were better than perfect.

Most SRT-8 runs 13s, but many have run high 12s stock. But this 12.5 that I know of was a freakishly fast time that is definatly not normal.

But I don't know if this has anything to do with the speed mag. But if it's cold enough outside and the track conditions are good, you would be very suprised by how fast cars can run.

I ran 12.7 in my STi with only intake and exhaust on a 50 degree day. I could have probably run 12.5s if it had been in the 30s outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    There was a guy that went 11.5 @ 112 mph in a stock SRT-8.

I think you mean 12.5 @ 112mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Oh yeah, those times seem ridiculously fabricated. Neither car is really capable of those times, even with the best drivers. Are you sure they were modded or something? Either way, perhaps their testing equipment was not working properly.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Oh yeah, those times seem ridiculously fabricated. Neither car is really capable of those times, even with the best drivers. Are you sure they were modded or something? Either way, perhaps their testing equipment was not working properly.

They listed stock specs for both vehicles. The srt8's 11.5 et was mentioned twice in the article. if they were modified, there was no mention of it in the article.

I think the 11.5(charger) and 12.7(evo) are times to 100 mph not 1/4 mi.times. I'ts just a misprint imo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    There was a guy that went 11.5 @ 112 mph in a stock SRT-8. He did it in freezing cold air (30s) with high pressure and perfect tract conditions. The density altitude was way below sea level.

So the conditions were better than perfect.

Most SRT-8 runs 13s, but many have run high 12s stock. But this 12.5 that I know of was a freakishly fast time that is definatly not normal.

But I don't know if this has anything to do with the speed mag. But if it's cold enough outside and the track conditions are good, you would be very suprised by how fast cars can run.

I ran 12.7 in my STi with only intake and exhaust on a 50 degree day. I could have probably run 12.5s if it had been in the 30s outside.
    SGOSWRX, please shorten your signature length to 6 lines or less. We try to keep the clutter off the site. If you would like, you can out your mods, and cars in your profile. with a link to them in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwrx
    I think the 11.5(charger) and 12.7(evo) are times to 100 mph not 1/4 mi.times. I'ts just a misprint imo.

That would make more since.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    anyone read this article? they claim a stock Charger srt8 went 11.5 in the 1/4. They also listed the EVO at making it in 12.7 secs. I have not seen one magazine time for the srt8 lower than a 13.5. And if I remember correctly, the driver of the SRT8 thought that he was going to out handle the EVO also. That article pissed me off. Where they just making crap up or what? On a side note, I believe this is supposed to be the last issue of Speed. I can see why with crap like that. Anyone know anything else about that article?
    I read the article and saw that they listed the time in two places. Figured it was a misprint.

DAMN!!! thats as fast as a stock 06 z06
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Yeah, I think the proofreader for the magazine got some guff when it came out on the newstands.
    Lit Fuse Kustoms

Extreme 4x4 videos

Wasn't there a video somewhere of a stock Chrysler 300C SRT8 running a 12.5?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I saw this magazine, and I figured it was just a misprint, because they had the new Z06 down for a 12.2 1/4 mile run. How could the Charger SRT 8 beat the new Corvette Z06 when the charger makes 80 hp less and weighs like 1000lbs more?
    Stock or something close to it.....

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    Wasn't there a video somewhere of a stock Chrysler 300C SRT8 running a 12.5?
    I saw a vid of one with Drag radials running 12.5 but don't remember a bone stock 300 running 12.5? I saw one at the local track was running consistent 13.3s but it was almost 90* with 98% humidty.
    Stock or something close to it.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast