WRX vs M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy owns a 1996 M3 with the following mods: conforti chip, full intake, cat back exhaust, clutch fan delete, ...

WRX vs M3

My buddy owns a 1996 M3 with the following mods: conforti chip, full intake, cat back exhaust, clutch fan delete, traction control delete (before mods 240HP, 238TQ)

My car is an 03' WRX wagon w/ COBB stg1 93 oct, blitz nur spec cat back, Tein springs and a short throw.

The first time we ran was before i got my stg 1, we ran from a 2nd gear roll ~ 35 mph to 100 (i try to avoid grenading my clutch). he ended up having about 2 car lengths on me by the time we hit 80 then i let off cuz we were approaching a car so by 100 it prob would have been 2.5-3 car lengths.

Fast forward to tonight about a month later and i just installed my COBB stg1 about a week ago. same road and conditions as before, and i was dead even with him this time at 100 actually even pulled ahead for a second or two in 3rd gear.

Super happy with my COBB AP, can't WAIT to get my dp/up and switch to stg2
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, those are some impressive results on your part. The E36 M3 traps nearly 100mph stock and runs very low 14's and with those mods its doing even better.

Good run.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    wow, those are some impressive results on your part. The E36 M3 traps nearly 100mph stock and runs very low 14's and with those mods its doing even better.

Good run.
    Yeah but the car is 11 years old now so its probably not running like it would if it was new you know?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Yeah but the car is 11 years old now so its probably not running like it would if it was new you know?
    No doubt. With the car being that old and probably beat on it could very well be running low compression in the cylinders and not be nearly at full potential.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah i'm not bragging that his car is wicked fast, granted it's quick, but stage 2 will kill him

it was more to show the diff between the stock ECU and a COBB stg 1 map
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.