Neighbor Wants To Run
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neighbor Wants To Run within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My neighbor and a friend of mine from across the street just had a supercharger and exhaust installed on his ...

Neighbor Wants To Run

My neighbor and a friend of mine from across the street just had a supercharger and exhaust installed on his 04 GTO and told me he wants to run my STI because he believes there is no way my little 4cyl can keep up with his big beefy V8 now that he has his supercharger and exhaust! I told him when ever he wants to run just tell me and i'll be there but at the same time I don't want to beat him because he just spent so much on his parts and install!! WHATS A MAN TO DO? What do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    My neighbor and a friend of mine from across the street just had a supercharger and exhaust installed on his 04 GTO and told me he wants to run my STI because he believes there is no way my little 4cyl can keep up with his big beefy V8 now that he has his supercharger and exhaust! I told him when ever he wants to run just tell me and i'll be there but at the same time I don't want to beat him because he just spent so much on his parts and install!! WHATS A MAN TO DO? What do you all think?
    If he's tuned, he'll make BIG power, but I doubt he can put it to the ground effectively unless he's got a beefed up rear/suspension and he's a good driver...

if you know how to drive, with your mods, you could beat him from a stop, I bet.
    2003 SRT-4

right now i'm sitting around 465awhp and in the low,low 11's in the 1/4(altitude sucks!) on street tires, I know his car is making some big power I just don't want to burst his bubble because he loves his car so much but at the same time he's one of those guys who thinks that nothing can touch a V8 and If by chance he looses then there must of been something wrong with his ride or he had a bad jump on the light! (ALL OF YOU 4 BANGERS KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!) I think I'm just gonna have to represent the Subby Nation and take one for the team!!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    right now i'm sitting around 465awhp and in the low,low 11's in the 1/4(altitude sucks!) on street tires, I know his car is making some big power I just don't want to burst his bubble because he loves his car so much but at the same time he's one of those guys who thinks that nothing can touch a V8 and If by chance he looses then there must of been something wrong with his ride or he had a bad jump on the light! (ALL OF YOU 4 BANGERS KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!) I think I'm just gonna have to represent the Subby Nation and take one for the team!!!!

hahaha low 11s? Yea...you'll smoke the sh1t out of him.

Get it on tape, too!
    2003 SRT-4

dude **** him, you gotta do what you gotta do. only time i feel bad about stuff like that is with close friends. plus he seems like the type where if he beats you he'll run his mouth forever. just **** on him once and say his car is fast thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    hahaha low 11s? Yea...you'll smoke the sh1t out of him.

Get it on tape, too!

+1 should be a good run.

Very fast STi vs. very fast GTO......

Lookin forward to the tape.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Very fast STi vs. very fast GTO......

+ 1. I want to see the tape, but race it at the track, not on the street!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

With your power you should smoke him. Especially off the line if it is on the street. If it is on the track and he has drag radials, it will be a driver's race. I guess it really depends on how much power that S/C is adding and how well tuned he is. Definately line them up and go for it. Good Luck
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Plus one for video documentation
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Plus one for video documentation
    Plus too!!!

I wanna see this!!!!

yeah. shut his mouth. who cares if he spend gazillion $ towards his car. if he can't respect your 4 banger, no need to worry about his feelings either - I'd say smok'em

+1 for video. show it to him afterwards, too

If he's setup well on that blower he's probably putting 450-500whp down. Like other have said he will get no traction on the streets. From a roll it would be a better race although he wieghs 500lbs more.

You are making quite a bit power on that setup... but so is he. The way I see it though, is that he JUST put that blower on, which means he is probably running factory spec's on the blower (meaning no smaller pulley and little add-on's to make more power). From a dig, I am pretty confident you could take him, if not walk him. He is putting down good power, but its probably right around or under where you are at, and you have the launch advantage and weigh about 500lbs less.
    From a roll would be a much more interesting race. Run from both a stop and roll and MAKE SURE YOU TAPE IT!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast