Neighbor Wants To Run - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neighbor Wants To Run within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You should make him sign a waiver that he can't make up any b/s excuses if you beat him. Or ...

You should make him sign a waiver that he can't make up any b/s excuses if you beat him. Or if you film it, get his statement on tape...especially if he's going to talk **** about it. He will not only have egg on his face if you beat him, he will have the whole carton!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure any pirate would be willing to tape it. Shoot, I'll do it if I have too. Where in Parker do you guys usually meet?
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

this guys car got stolen I think.

Wonder if he's got any pictures of the setup before it was stolen.

yeah my car was stolen so their will not be a race with my neighbor unless he wants to run my srt-4, and when my car was running 11's I never said that I ran those times here in the mile high altitude! Good news though I have recently purchased a used 04 STI and have started building it up! (PERRIN DOWN PIPE,PERRIN UPPIPE,AP TITANIUM CB,AP CRANK PULLEY,AP SS,INJEN CAI,HKS BOV,GREDDY EBC,GREDDY TT,ECUTEK REFLASH W/PROTUNE ON DYNO DONE BY HARVEY) She dyno'ed at 299.3hp and 320trq at the wheels set at 17psi so as you can see I'm slowly getting back in the game!!!

you got any pictures of your old setup? Whose kit did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    you got any pictures of your old setup? Whose kit did you have?
    I do have pictures of my old ride back in her glory days that i tried to post but the site said all my pictures were to big and I really dont have time to shrink them all down to fit! sorry!! I was running the AGENCY POWER GT35R KIT and I have to tell you if you have the $3500 to spend on a kit thats the one I would recomend. But on my new STI I think I'm gonna run a FORCED PERFORMANCE FPGREEN TURBO with a 3inch inlet to run with a 3inch AP turbo inlet pipe and then I'm just gonna run with a GREDDY FMIC,WALBORO FP,and RC 750ccINJECTORS and I cant forget a new MAGNUS INTAKE MANIFOLD for that top end power!!!! Hopefully I can have all this done before spring so I can take It back to HARVEY and have him retune it all and get my ready for racing season!!!

IMO I think the FPGreen is the perfect turbo for 2.5L's. Good choice, that should be a very fun setup.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    IMO I think the FPGreen is the perfect turbo for 2.5L's. Good choice, that should be a very fun setup.

the gt35r kit will make more power than the fpgreen

amazing

Man your car got stolen and your already setting up another car... How much $$$ you got??? None the less when and if you do race this guy I'd love to see the vid...g' luck

Quote Originally Posted by eboarder2020
    Man your car got stolen and your already setting up another car... How much $$$ you got??? None the less when and if you do race this guy I'd love to see the vid...g' luck
    I'm far from being wealthy me and my wife are just blessed to have good paying job, and believe me I just didn't wake up one morning and jump into this car thing(I wish I could of!!) I knew if I wanted to do it the right way it was going to take alot of time and money (finding right cars,parts that would bring out the most in what I was looking to acheive,tune shops ect...)So I busted my ass at work and just saved every thing I could while at the same time paying off as much as I could so when the time came when I found that perfect car I would be ready to tackle the project at hand. Hell im 31 now and I started my plan about 6yrs ago and now Im just starting to reep the benefits of a lot of hard work and planning!!
    Hopefully I can finish this car and race my neighbor still, if I cant finish it the way I want, hell I still run him! I'll keep you guys posted on the build up!

I don't know man... a supercharged gto.... that's capable of 10's..... from a roll he'd crush you.... from a stop on the street.... you could take him till about 100mph
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I don't know man... a supercharged gto.... that's capable of 10's..... from a roll he'd crush you.... from a stop on the street.... you could take him till about 100mph
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    the gt35r kit will make more power than the fpgreen
    But I've read the FP green is much more responsive than the GT35R making it much more useful for things like daily driving, autox, road racing, and still capable of great acceleration. So sure, less power, but better throttle response and low-mid range.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    But I've read the FP green is much more responsive than the GT35R making it much more useful for things like daily driving, autox, road racing, and still capable of great acceleration. So sure, less power, but better throttle response and low-mid range.
    The key phrase is "area under the curve". Big numbers are great and all for show, bragging, and drag racing, but having a turbo that gives you a big fat powerband is key. Peak numbers are pointless IMO.
    Dave
    01 RS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast