Neighbor Wants To Run - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neighbor Wants To Run within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; blow his friggin doors off!! Those dudes that think they own the street just cause their engine has big displacement ...

blow his friggin doors off!! Those dudes that think they own the street just cause their engine has big displacement get on my nerves. There is a replacement for displacement...and boost is its name

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what are your trap speeds with the STI??

Quote Originally Posted by pjb2006
    blow his friggin doors off!! Those dudes that think they own the street just cause their engine has big displacement get on my nerves. There is a replacement for displacement...and boost is its name
    His v8's boosted.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    His v8's boosted.

His v8's boosted.
    D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh to be young again.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

PINKS!!! dont just own his ass... own his car!!! i am calling speed now...

His v8's boosted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carly.jpg  
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    Both my STI and SRT are blue I tried to post a bunch of pictures of my cars and the cars I roll with but the site says that my pictures are to big to post I live out in Parker BTW. Me and my boys are always looking to meet people with the same hobbies(OUR CARS) and just BS'en about what we've done to are cars or what we would like to do, I wouldn't really call it a club just a bunch of friends who like speed and style!!!!

if you IM me your pics or e-mail them to me i'll fix it and post it up for you, i deffinitely wanna see you car. Btw very nice call on taking it to the track, im guesing guy will have some nice tires on his car by then. This should be a good race. btw your making all that power on a totally stock block?? how long have you had this setup. Your pushing the sti block to more then its max probably(if its a stock block)

ohalso, mods on your srt4??
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

btw where did you tune ? and are you on awdpirates.net?
    - Local Riceist

did u ever think this could be a good thing for him, that once he gets smoked it could change his thinking for the better or it could just make him even more determand to do his car up even better and ultimantly if he really loves his car it wont matter wat happens win or loose.

Wow 11's up there huh? What is your elevation? Having a turbo is a big advantage up there EVEN over a supercharger. If you set a turbo (especially a GT35R) to 30PSI, at 0 Elevation you will get 30PSI, at 6000 Feet you will get 30PSI. With a NA you just suck in what I am led to believe 20% LESS 02 per 1 mile in elevation. With a supercharger you are in better shape but since they do not incorporate a wastegate to regulate boost pressure so like an 11 pound pully would add only 7-8 PSI and so on.

If you are making 465WHP up there with 5868 foot elevation, and you have low 11's, what are your traps speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Wow 11's up there huh? What is your elevation? Having a turbo is a big advantage up there EVEN over a supercharger. If you set a turbo (especially a GT35R) to 30PSI, at 0 Elevation you will get 30PSI, at 6000 Feet you will get 30PSI. With a NA you just suck in what I am led to believe 20% LESS 02 per 1 mile in elevation. With a supercharger you are in better shape but since they do not incorporate a wastegate to regulate boost pressure so like an 11 pound pully would add only 7-8 PSI and so on.

If you are making 465WHP up there with 5868 foot elevation, and you have low 11's, what are your traps speeds?
    I call bs on this guy running low 11's. If he is running low 11's then he probably traps more than 125, especially with the ****ty 6 speed ratio that will make him shift 5 times. I would love to be proven wrong tho , I just highly doubt he is running low 11's even with a setup and race gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D
    I call bs on this guy running low 11's. If he is running low 11's then he probably traps more than 125, especially with the ****ty 6 speed ratio that will make him shift 5 times. I would love to be proven wrong tho , I just highly doubt he is running low 11's even with a setup and race gas.

mmm okay. GT35r turbo is capable of trapping over 125mph. The crawford performance sti with gt35r launches in 2nd gear now. Its very possible to get into low 11's with gt35r. Crawford performance is getting into low 10's, idk if they have hit 9's yet.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    mmm okay. GT35r turbo is capable of trapping over 125mph. The crawford performance sti with gt35r launches in 2nd gear now. Its very possible to get into low 11's with gt35r. Crawford performance is getting into low 10's, idk if they have hit 9's yet.
    I know its possible. But I also know what most people run. Go on nasoic and see how often these big powered GT35R turbos run in the 12's and 11's. Techincally he should probably be able to run a high 10. But I doubt it, especially at that altitidue and especially with the stock STI transmission. Just my opinion, but like I said, i would love to be proven wrong .

I Support ClubWRX
    A big key to getting those times is the 2nd gear launch. I can't believe they let the secret out!!!!!!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.