Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First legitimate run in with anything worthwhile: I'm sitting at a light, waiting to turn left and I see a ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi!

First legitimate run in with anything worthwhile:

I'm sitting at a light, waiting to turn left and I see a silver STi drive through going the way I'm going...My light changes and I catch up to the STi at the perfect racing spot...3/4 mile of straight 2 lane road with no driveways or other lanes getting in the way. I pull up and look over at the driver and it's my old friend! I havent seen him in months cause he goes to school in SoCal. He smiles, the light changes, and we both take off! His nose is at my passenger door up til about 60 and then I pulled maybe a car to 80mph where I let off cause we were catching up with traffic. He followed me to my house and we talked for a minute or 2 and he went on his way. He was just getting home from Thunderhill, where he'd been since Friday, so our race was the perfect cap to his weekend! Good fun, and I'm glad my car is slightly faster than a lightly modded STi

Oh, btw, his is an 05 and mods are borla exhaust, downpipe, and reflash
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wan't a VETTE so bad (Z 06) is my choice of true AMERICAN MUSCLE! But with a pregnant wife it just disen't fit in my plans, I'm lucky to be able to keep my two cars I have now( STI,SRT-4) Wife thinks I need to trade one in for a SUV By the way I noticed you had yourself some perty mean rides in the past!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    I wan't a VETTE so bad (Z 06) is my choice of true AMERICAN MUSCLE! But with a pregnant wife it just disen't fit in my plans, I'm lucky to be able to keep my two cars I have now( STI,SRT-4) Wife thinks I need to trade one in for a SUV By the way I noticed you had yourself some perty mean rides in the past!!!!

The cobra was insane...the others were just fun cars. Yea, the vette is by far the least practical car I've ever owned. It sure gets noticed, though...which is odd, considering they're fairly common. z06s are badass, but would have cost me another 7-8k, and I really didnt want to pay that.
    2003 SRT-4

The cobra is another piece of AMERICAN MUSCLE I would love to have! I raced a KB COBRA in my SRT-4 which by means is no push over(400whp) and the cat in the KB put about 6-8 cars on me Be honest with me are the SUPRA's all that or are they real tempermental just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    The cobra is another piece of AMERICAN MUSCLE I would love to have! I raced a KB COBRA in my SRT-4 which by means is no push over(400whp) and the cat in the KB put about 6-8 cars on me Be honest with me are the SUPRA's all that or are they real tempermental just curious?

Mine was awesome, but it only had intake and exhaust...They feel incredible on the road. Great handling and brakes! When the turbos spool, it's amazing.
    2003 SRT-4

Good run

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Good run
    +1. My pops had a c5. I miss that car.
    When Im outta grad school that will be my first purchase.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

What part of the bay area are you in? I'm over in Cupertino
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz
    What part of the bay area are you in? I'm over in Cupertino

Lafayette...do you know where that is? Right next to Walnut Creek...2 exits through the Caldecott...
    2003 SRT-4

Nice run. Way to hold ff the STi.

Quick question though. I am very curious. Why did you go with the Vette after a mean Cobra like you had? Handling? or do you have some sinister plans for the Vette? I really want a Z06 myslef, but the Cobra was about $10,000 cheaper so I want with the balls out cheaper car.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Good run
    +1 Very nice!

Nothing pulls like a vette
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Is your C5 stock? Is it a ZO6?
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

mods?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good kill, STI's are a lot of fun because it's the only non american competitor to our vettes :-P I always tell people the only things that can really give me a run are 03 cobras and higly modded sti's!!!! When you are ready to do some serious mods to your vette, lemme know.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Nice run. Way to hold ff the STi.

Quick question though. I am very curious. Why did you go with the Vette after a mean Cobra like you had? Handling? or do you have some sinister plans for the Vette? I really want a Z06 myslef, but the Cobra was about $10,000 cheaper so I want with the balls out cheaper car.

I sold the 03 ONLY because I was moving to Las Vegas and thought my life was going in a completely different direction...away from cars...I got there, the job sucked, and I moved back here...tried to drive a family sedan and two weeks later needed a sports car. I've always wanted a Vette and found that they are now priced in the mid $20s so I scooped one up. For me to spend the same amount on another 03 cobra would have been dumb, cause my last one had around $10,000 in mods

and as for my MODS, the car is a basically bone stock Auto, but has the g92 performance rear, and I have a blackwing intake and smooth bellows. That's it.
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast