Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What was the last time your ran in your vette? BTW the 11 second evo's are here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=107156 I'd be ...

What was the last time your ran in your vette?

BTW the 11 second evo's are here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=107156

I'd be very surprised to see if there are more sti's in the 11's Evo's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick04sti
    I wan't a VETTE so bad (Z 06) is my choice of true AMERICAN MUSCLE! But with a pregnant wife it just disen't fit in my plans, I'm lucky to be able to keep my two cars I have now( STI,SRT-4) Wife thinks I need to trade one in for a SUV By the way I noticed you had yourself some perty mean rides in the past!!!!

Trade it in for Forester XT, SRT-8 Jeep or Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    What was the last time your ran in your vette?

BTW the 11 second evo's are here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=107156

I'd be very surprised to see if there are more sti's in the 11's Evo's.
    I haven't run it since I got my heads and cam installed, however, I know of about 10 different people that have scraped into the 10's with the same h/c package I have.... so I'd be very surprised if I wasn't in the low 11's, I know I have a friend with a vette that ran a 11.9 and I pull on him pretty hard. I guess we'll see :-P
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    What the hell is wrong with you guys???? I just complimented your beloved STI and I'm getting flamed for it. I may have left out the SUPRA, but other than that, I've never had an EVO run anywhere close to me. Regardless of what can run with me or not, the only thing I've ever seen be close to me is the Subie..... My car runs in the low 11's and I promise there are more low 11STI's than Evo's....
    No one is flaming you for giving props to the STi. People are just saying that what you stated about about no non-american car other than highly modded STi's being able to keep up with a C5 is a false statement.

Also, your assumption of there being more STi's than Evo's in the 11's is also a false statement. It actually rather difficult to get an STi into the 11's and not have problem after problem with it.... Where as the Evo can go into 11's rather effortlessly, and I can promise you that there are more Evo running 11's and 10's then there are STi's.

As for your full exhaust and cam C5 running very low 11's to high 10's.... I would like to see a time slip on that claim.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    He didnt rev it up to 5k and dump it or anything, I don't think, but we definitely went from a dead stop. Put it this way, I had the best launch I've had on the street and he was right next to me as I tried to take the time to pat myself on the back for the sub 2.0 feeling 60'
    Cool, nice launch always feels good especially when racing. It's cool to see the STI hung pretty well considering an LS1 Vette traps at 108-109. Those LS1 motors are great all around engines. Power, Torque, Fuel effecient and relatively light weight. Doesn't a Stage 2 STI Trap at about 108? Gotta launch hard on the street so the Vettes have to play catch up It's cool to have some Vette owners on this board, be sure to post more stuff.

Stoplight - why did you sell your Supra?
    Last edited by garrettjj; 01-17-2006 at 04:29 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Cool, nice launch always feels good especially when racing. It's cool to see the STI hung pretty well considering an LS1 Vette traps at 108-109. Those LS1 motors are great all around engines. Power, Torque, Fuel effecient and relatively light weight. Doesn't a Stage 2 STI Trap at about 108? Gotta launch hard on the street so the Vettes have to play catch up It's cool to have some Vette owners on this board, be sure to post more stuff.

I bought it for $19k from an old man in late 04 and then 8mo later traded it straight up for an 03 Cobra to a guy who wanted a new project

The only car I've ever owned that I didnt resell for more than paid is the 2000 GT, but I bought that new off a dealer lot
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj

no doubt. I would love to have an LS1 vette as a weekend toy. Throw on some bolt on's and suspension and you have a great handling V8 muscle car that runs low 12's and will get over 20mpg on average

My cousin has a 99 white C5 targa With LS6 motor swap, bolt on's, and suspension. That car is what made me "really" fall in love with the C5.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    no doubt. I would love to have an LS1 vette as a weekend toy. Throw on some bolt on's and suspension and you have a great handling V8 muscle car that runs low 12's and will get over 20mpg on average

My cousin has a 99 white C5 targa With LS6 motor swap, bolt on's, and suspension. That car is what made me "really" fall in love with the C5.

I love mine, I just wish I had something else to daily drive...until I buy my house, I'm limited to 1 car.
    2003 SRT-4

I love mine, I just wish I had something else to daily drive...until I buy my house, I'm limited to 1 car.
    Just buy a cheap $5,000/$6,000 car for the time being to get you by. You can pick up 94/95 integra GSR's with around 120k miles for like $5k. Reliable and still fun. Or maybe just an older civic or 3rd gen Prelude, etc...

However, since you live in Cali, I see no reason why not to drive the vette everyday. Only downside would be the lack of back seats.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Just buy a cheap $5,000/$6,000 car for the time being to get you by. You can pick up 94/95 integra GSR's with around 120k miles for like $5k. Reliable and still fun. Or maybe just an older civic or 3rd gen Prelude, etc...

However, since you live in Cali, I see no reason why not to drive the vette everyday. Only downside would be the lack of back seats.

No, it's not that I can't afford it...I just have nowhere to park it...I live right off of a main road and there are no spots immediately in front of my house. I'd have to park at least 1/4 mile from my home.
    2003 SRT-4

No one is flaming you for giving props to the STi. People are just saying that what you stated about about no non-american car other than highly modded STi's being able to keep up with a C5 is a false statement.

Also, your assumption of there being more STi's than Evo's in the 11's is also a false statement. It actually rather difficult to get an STi into the 11's and not have problem after problem with it.... Where as the Evo can go into 11's rather effortlessly, and I can promise you that there are more Evo running 11's and 10's then there are STi's.

As for your full exhaust and cam C5 running very low 11's to high 10's.... I would like to see a time slip on that claim.

Just to set the record straight, I also have cylinder heads milled to match my cam giving me a compression ratio of 11.7:1 ... I can't wait to see a time slip too from my car... but here is a forum of someone else with my same setup.

http://www.fastls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156

and here is one more
    http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=323237
    Last edited by MagikMan; 01-18-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Just to set the record straight, I also have cylinder heads milled to match my cam giving me a compression ratio of 11.7:1 ... I can't wait to see a time slip too from my car... but here is a forum of someone else with my same setup.

http://www.fastls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156

and here is one more
    http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=323237
    good luck running 10's at the track
    Just call me Clark Kent

No, it's not that I can't afford it...I just have nowhere to park it...I live right off of a main road and there are no spots immediately in front of my house. I'd have to park at least 1/4 mile from my home.
    Sell the vette for an E55 AMG or M5. That way you have power, handling, AND great features of a daily driver
    Just call me Clark Kent

Sell the vette for an E55 AMG or M5. That way you have power, handling, AND great features of a daily driver

haha e55 amg is my dream car
    2003 SRT-4

man the m5 is a serious performance downgrade from the vette... however the freaking pimpness is like 10 times better. But the m5 is a luxury car with sport car like characteristics. Just can't quite handle AS good, and won't be AS good at the track. We had a guy at our track in an m5 only running 8.8's in the 1/8th, however that's still pretty fast.... just when all I had was an intake I was running 8.3's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.