Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just had my first run with my C5! Vs modded STi! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ahh that sucks about the job and car but at least you are back in the game and have a ...

Ahh that sucks about the job and car but at least you are back in the game and have a vette to show for it. The vette market took a funny hop when the new ones came out, which I am sure helped many people get the vette they always wanted. How do you like it with the auto. My clutch knee is fugged up and I am thinking about going with a Lightning but I never even had the vette cross my mind. I will have to consider one now.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Ahh that sucks about the job and car but at least you are back in the game and have a vette to show for it. The vette market took a funny hop when the new ones came out, which I am sure helped many people get the vette they always wanted. How do you like it with the auto. My clutch knee is fugged up and I am thinking about going with a Lightning but I never even had the vette cross my mind. I will have to consider one now.

The auto is ok...the performance is still there, but the fun factor is definitely not I had a 99 z28 with a 6speed, and the ls1/t56 combo is just awesome. I miss that feeling. Also, I made 330rwhp with just intake and a cutout on the z28!

Still, if your knee forces you to buy an auto, you could do much worse than getting one in a Vette...especially in a c6
    2003 SRT-4

Did your friend launch the car, or was it a street start?
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

I'm selling my WRX and really want a 03/04 Cobra, the thing is just a monster. Did any of you guys have the ticking head problem that the 03s had?

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Did your friend launch the car, or was it a street start?

He didnt rev it up to 5k and dump it or anything, I don't think, but we definitely went from a dead stop. Put it this way, I had the best launch I've had on the street and he was right next to me as I tried to take the time to pat myself on the back for the sub 2.0 feeling 60'
    2003 SRT-4

wow, thats impressive that your stock automatic C5 was able to beat a stage2 STi. Good run and all, but I wouldn't expect that outcome all too often.

BTW, good to have you back on the forums
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Good kill, STI's are a lot of fun because it's the only non american competitor to our vettes :-P I always tell people the only things that can really give me a run are 03 cobras and higly modded sti's!!!!
    huh

I could seriously sit here and rattle off like a plethora of cars that are non-american that would take a C5 vette... Mods or not. And no, I am talking about exotics.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    huh

I could seriously sit here and rattle off like a plethora of cars that are non-american that would take a C5 vette... Mods or not. And no, I am talking about exotics.

really? What ones? Try to keep the list to cars under $50k...stock for stock, I can't think of many cars that will run a 13.0, pull over .9g on a skidpad, and brake as well...

03 Cobra...hmm...what else?
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    really? What ones? Try to keep the list to cars under $50k...stock for stock, I can't think of many cars that will run a 13.0, pull over .9g on a skidpad, and brake as well...

03 Cobra...hmm...what else?
    no one said anything about a $50k price cap. You brought that into the equation yourself. The other guy simply said that other than modded STi's there are no other cars that can hang with C5 vettes if the other car is slightly modded or stock and of non-american origin. Finding one under $50k would prove to be much harder... However under or around $50k:

Lotus Elise
    Evo
    STi
    E46 M3
    Toyota Supra
    C32 AMG
    300ZX/slighly modded 350Z
    New Porsche Boxster-S

All cars listed are under or just slightly above the $50k price cap you gave, and that was not even originally part of the discussion... Take away the price cap and I can list several more without breaching into the "exotic" car catagory.

My intention is surely not to bad mouth the C5 vette... I freaking love that car. I am just saying that in reference to magikman's comment of there being no non-american cars other than the slightly modded STi out there that can compete with or hang with a C5. I am just simply saying that such a statement is not true. It in no way has anything to do with me trying to take credit away from the C5 vette.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    no one said anything about a $50k price cap. You brought that into the equation yourself. The other guy simply said that other than modded STi's there are no other cars that can hang with C5 vettes if the other car is slightly modded or stock and of non-american origin. Finding one under $50k would prove to be much harder... However under or around $50k:

Lotus Elise
    Evo
    STi
    E46 M3
    Toyota Supra
    C32 AMG
    300ZX/slighly modded 350Z
    New Porsche Boxster-S

All cars listed are under or just slightly above the $50k price cap you gave, and that was not even originally part of the discussion... Take away the price cap and I can list several more without breaching into the "exotic" car catagory.

My intention is surely not to bad mouth the C5 vette... I freaking love that car. I am just saying that in reference to magikman's comment of there being no non-american cars other than the slightly modded STi out there that can compete with or hang with a C5. I am just simply saying that such a statement is not true. It in no way has anything to do with me trying to take credit away from the C5 vette.

Those cars are close, but none will beat a c5 from a roll, stock for stock. The STi and EVO can hang from a stop thanks to their AWD, but will get walked as speeds increase. A stock supra can't hang with a c5, but a few small mods and it will...still, we're talking stock for stock...

I put the $50k cap on the price cause you said "no exotics," and when you start getting up there in $$ you get into that category...also, I'd put the Lotus in with exotics...
    2003 SRT-4

Good kill, STI's are a lot of fun because it's the only non american competitor to our vettes :-P I always tell people the only things that can really give me a run are 03 cobras and higly modded sti's!!!!
    Your village called, they said their......

well you know the rest
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I'm selling my WRX and really want a 03/04 Cobra, the thing is just a monster. Did any of you guys have the ticking head problem that the 03s had?
    I don't have the ticking problem, never have. I think that is way more blown up than WRX's having glass trannies. I was real worried about the "tick" before I bought the car, but the more guys I met with Cobras, no one had that problem. If you want a nice 03 and a good starting point. Buy mine! I have 466 rwhp with minimal mods and 473 rwtq.

As for the other comment, the dude said only "modded" STis can beat C5s. That is wrong. Modded Evos can too, among anything else that is modded. Stock for stock is a different story but he did say modded. It is a dumb argument anyway, once you start modding the playing field becomes too murky to compare cars.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill, STI's are a lot of fun because it's the only non american competitor to our vettes :-P I always tell people the only things that can really give me a run are 03 cobras and higly modded sti's!!!! .
    DTR was responding to this comment which said nothing about a price cap, or cars being stock. Actually, he mentioned modded STI's.

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    Those cars are close, but none will beat a c5 from a roll, stock for stock. The STi and EVO can hang from a stop thanks to their AWD, but will get walked as speeds increase. A stock supra can't hang with a c5, but a few small mods and it will...still, we're talking stock for stock...

I put the $50k cap on the price cause you said "no exotics," and when you start getting up there in $$ you get into that category...also, I'd put the Lotus in with exotics...

What the hell is wrong with you guys???? I just complimented your beloved STI and I'm getting flamed for it. I may have left out the SUPRA, but other than that, I've never had an EVO run anywhere close to me. Regardless of what can run with me or not, the only thing I've ever seen be close to me is the Subie..... My car runs in the low 11's and I promise there are more low 11STI's than Evo's....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

What the hell is wrong with you guys???? I just complimented your beloved STI and I'm getting flamed for it. I may have left out the SUPRA, but other than that, I've never had an EVO run anywhere close to me. Regardless of what can run with me or not, the only thing I've ever seen be close to me is the Subie..... My car runs in the low 11's and I promise there are more low 11STI's than Evo's....
    I am pretty sure their are way more low 11s evos than STis. The Evo engine has been around forever and the Evos have had a pretty good mod path built up in that time. since both the STi and Evo came out, the Evos have had the overall advantage in terms of modding and quarter times. Although it was nice to see the PR STi beat Al's Evo this summer at E-town. I am not flaming you dude, but I think it is way more common for an Evo to be in the 11s than an STi.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.