Oi I say.. and an annoying Prelude. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Oi I say.. and an annoying Prelude. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; has any1 else heard about the supra making a return? back when i was car shopping a salesman at a ...

has any1 else heard about the supra making a return? back when i was car shopping a salesman at a toyota dealer told me it will be back within the next 5 years or so

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift
    EXACTLY!
    It doesn't--it's got a very distinct 1990s look to it. The only difference is that it was the last model of its kind, therefore you have nothing to compare it to, and it doesn't look dated that way. It looks good--but still, it looks like the 90s.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica
    has any1 else heard about the supra making a return? back when i was car shopping a salesman at a toyota dealer told me it will be back within the next 5 years or so
    They keep going back and forth. There was a rumor about two or three years ago for a 2005 model, then a 2006 model, and so on and so forth.

I think Toyota is going to focus on their cash cows--their emotionless strategy has no room for niche automobiles.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    04 VW Passat 1.8T
    Looking to replace with 06 WRX Limited

I believe Toyota's next "sports" car will be a Lexus.

All the "Japanese Muscle" from the 90's looks like it could be a new model today. Take a look at an FD3S RX7 (with projector headlamps, not those damn pop-ups), a 94+ 3000GT (ESPECIALLY the 97-98 + 99), any Supra 93-98, all of them except the 300ZX. Those headlights just make it look like a Saturn.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

[QUOTE=1quick04sti]does no one have any respect!! Probably someone who has no idea what a true SUPRA's worth and that owning one is like owning the mystical unicorn! FREAKEN IDIOTS!!!!!!![/QUOTe

You just made my day with the Unicorn comment, bro. Good stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift
    yeah, but its still a supra. So rare and exotic, and they were way ahead of they're time. I have a lot of respect for any supra, even the old 80s-early 90s ones. Sorry. Don't worry though...i still like wrxs a lot more.
    A Toyota will NEVER be "exotic."
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Quote Originally Posted by '05 STi
    A Toyota will NEVER be "exotic."
    ok, so maybe exotic is a slight exaggeration, but they are very rare around pennsylvania. I may see 4-5 supras a year, half of those being at car shows, so its a pretty sweet car to me......
    My Car: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec. B #371

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12