Subaru WRX Forum banner

06 wrx // 04 350z

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Scuba Steve 
#1 ·
both cars are stock... who u think would win from a dead stop??

#3 ·
It really depends on how long your racing, but the new wrx has enough torque to probably edge it out all the way. From a dead stop 06 WRX all the way to 1320, prolly by a few car lengths. 05 wrx prolly still off the line but a better race stock for stock.

#9 ·
METALLICWRX said:
It really depends on how long your racing, but the new wrx has enough torque to probably edge it out all the way. From a dead stop 06 WRX all the way to 1320, prolly by a few car lengths. 05 wrx prolly still off the line but a better race stock for stock.

Given equal drivers, an 06 WRX will not put a few cars on a 6spd 350Z in the 1320.

BrianH said:
I'm betting the Z.
+1. On average, its just the faster car. No question about it.

#11 ·
Given equal drivers, an 06 WRX will not put a few cars on a 6spd 350Z in the 1320
considering that most 06 owners havent been to the track and seen what the 06 can do in the quarter, its impossible to know that for sure. Many 350z 1/4 are anywhere from 14.0-14.3.

#13 ·
It would be very close with maybe a slight advantage up top for the Z. Remember, the '06 also has longer gearing - and about 25 more whp than before. It will still be a while until we know how a well driven '06 can do in the 1/4 mile, though some people are already in the high 13s at near 100mph, which is exactly where a perfectly driven Z will be.

#15 ·
Integra96 said:
It would be very close with maybe a slight advantage up top for the Z. Remember, the '06 also has longer gearing - and about 25 more whp than before. It will still be a while until we know how a well driven '06 can do in the 1/4 mile, though some people are already in the high 13s at near 100mph, which is exactly where a perfectly driven Z will be.
I guess there is no solid foundation to stand upon when looking at the times of the 06' WRX since not many people have been to the strip with them... However, many magazines have tested the car and most people are still seeing low 14's. The general consensus from what I have read in mag's is that overall 1/4mile time and traps speed have not really been improved by using the EJ25, but its more about a longer power band, more torque, a bit faster spool up.... All of which lead to a much faster feeling wrx, but when the 1320 and trap numbers are brought out its relatively similar to the previous models. And from the 3 different 06' WRX's I have driven I would have to say that is fairly accurate. However, I have heard of a couple guys who are obviously really good drivers knock of high 13's, but again, I would still say that the Z has the upper hand in the long run. It would certainly be a drivers race, but the Z is the faster car more consistantly.

#16 ·
My money would be on the Z.

#18 ·
#19 ·
#20 ·
The majority of the magazines 0 to 60 time and 1/4 are done with no high rev launches. I ran a 14.0 @ 98 MPH with a 2.0 60 foot, and a 13.8 @ 98 mph with a 1.8 60 ft time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.