Can I Kill It? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Can I Kill It? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by britishbikes From what I have seen, the S2000 isn't as impressive as its hp and weight figures ...

Quote Originally Posted by britishbikes
    From what I have seen, the S2000 isn't as impressive as its hp and weight figures would suggest. An EX500 will pretty well tear it a new one and my 215hp Mustang GT was dead even with it. Perhpas the drivers weren't too hot, but they were trying at least. My Sube is only an RS... so my WRX opinion is limited.
    I destroyed an S2000 a couple of weeks ago on the interstate... literally destroyed it .. he was probably 4 or 5 cars behind.. and he couldn't keep up at all.. Never have raced and EX500,, would like to though... and as for Mustang GTs.... easy as hell.. Where i am from we have tons of young dudes in there mustang gts and they think they are bad... i raced one about a month ago from a 30 mile an hour roll.. he was modded with full exhause and headers.. and air intake.. but thats about it... and he pulled ahead a lil bit till about my fourth gear and then i caught up fast as hell,, and i flew past... he never could catch back up again... well got to love the wrx... beautiful and fast...

2005 Subaru WRX
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Project Night
    Hey, what's up? There is this guy at my school who drives a 2000 Ford Mustang. It is a 5-Speed V6 with and AEM Cold Air Intake and Flowmaster exhaust. I have a 2004 Subaru WRX (also 5-Speed) and I want to know if I can take him. I also have an HKS Carbon/Ti Catback exhaust at home but it isn't installed yet (I am waiting for my Helix Up/Down-Pipe Combo from Gruppe-s.com)

Any help would be...helpful. Thank you.
    Please tell me you're joking......

A V6 Mustang is JUNK.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi-
    Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 ECU tune, K&N panel filter

1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro-
    LT4 knock module, cold air intake, catback exhaust, 2400 rpm stall converter, shift kit, throttlebody airfoil, poly bushings, poly trans mount

Quote Originally Posted by '05 STi
    Please tell me you're joking......

A V6 Mustang is JUNK.

Yea honeslty the ford contour se can beat a freakin v6 mustang.... lol, my dads truck can beat one,, i think i could beat one in reverse... seriously bud,, I don't even worry about GT mustangs... usually when they try to race me i tell them they are a waste of time and not even worth the chance of a ticket... a v6 i wouldn't even acknologe his exsistance..

I owned him! I let off at 125ish and laughed my @$$ off! (what are we aloud to say? Is @$$ ok?) He told me his transmissions was having problems. Too much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Night
    I owned him! I let off at 125ish and laughed my @$$ off! (what are we aloud to say? Is @$$ ok?) He told me his transmissions was having problems. Too much fun!
    Congrats mang!

It's about time
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

My school for teh win! But its really not fair since I go to UTI. One of the students drives a V12 TT Mercedes and one of our instructors has a turbo Ninja. One of my buddies is bringin' a V8 focus up here this spring. Several M3's and lots of S4's. Also theres a few supras but only one nice one. A single turbo white one that I've seen the dyno sheet for that is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    I have an '06 wrx, how would I do against an s2000? (a kid at my school has one...the one with the 9000rpm redline) Also, another kid has a modified E36 m3 which I'm pretty sure would eat me? (full supersprint exhaust, cams, ecu, intake..it all came in some power package)
    You should be pretty even in a straight line. An s2000 will take a WRX in a straight line, with comparable drivers, with the WRX ahead up to about 70 (S2K's are hard to launch, especially against an AWD car), and the S2000 pulling ahead up top. A stage 2 WRX on the other hand, should take the S2000 all the way. Supposedly the 06 WRX is putting down almost as much power as a Stage 2 02-05, so I'd say you should win, if you can drive well. As far as the M3, it's almost certainly faster. An E36 M3 with only an intake an exhaust will be putting down around 220 WHP, depending on the condition, and cams on those cars really open them up. Go stage 2, and it might be a bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    You should be pretty even in a straight line. An s2000 will take a WRX in a straight line, with comparable drivers, with the WRX ahead up to about 70 (S2K's are hard to launch, especially against an AWD car), and the S2000 pulling ahead up top. A stage 2 WRX on the other hand, should take the S2000 all the way. Supposedly the 06 WRX is putting down almost as much power as a Stage 2 02-05, so I'd say you should win, if you can drive well. As far as the M3, it's almost certainly faster. An E36 M3 with only an intake an exhaust will be putting down around 220 WHP, depending on the condition, and cams on those cars really open them up. Go stage 2, and it might be a bit closer.
    What do u mean by stage 2? are u referring to a cobb stage 2 package
    black 2005 WRX @ 16 psi

Tsudo up/down pipe, HKS catback, Txs intake, Txs rfl bov, Perrin crank pulley, Txs boost controller, Autometer NV boost gauge

This one time....at a red light. I got smoked by a Dodge Sport Caravan....

I was in a stock 88 Prelude. ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs
    This one time....at a red light. I got smoked by a Dodge Sport Caravan....

I was in a stock 88 Prelude. ahahaha
    thats pretty bad man. I used to be in a similar situation, my car before my wrx was a '97 volvo 960, with a 2.9 straight 6. I ragged the hell outa that thing. My parents bought it for me on a whim without asking me, so i returned the favor by doing as many burnouts and drifts as possible (it was rwd, only good part). and this one time a dude in a V6 mustang smoked me from a red light, most embarrassing thing ever. Can't blame me for tryin (even though i was haulin about 4,000lbs with only about 180hp at the flywheel.
    black 2005 WRX @ 16 psi

Tsudo up/down pipe, HKS catback, Txs intake, Txs rfl bov, Perrin crank pulley, Txs boost controller, Autometer NV boost gauge

Yes, stage 2 as in Cobb's "Stage 2", meaning uppipe/downpipe/catback, with a reflash of some sort.

give him the launch/let him go first its. its more demoralizing as you pass him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.