Can I Kill It? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can I Kill It? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; zapman how did you find out your bov was leaking? I am having a problem right now. My stock boost ...

zapman how did you find out your bov was leaking? I am having a problem right now. My stock boost guage won't go above .04 - .05 I used to be able to hit .08 .09. I have a 2003 bugeye with a turboxs bov and a 3in. Cat back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Woot, I can't wait to murder him! I also find out that sometime this year I should get my SCCA Racing License! That will be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Careful, there are a few out there that are moving. Of course they're few and far between, but keep an eye out. I've heard of one and seen one at the track around here that would give a STGII a good run for its money.
    realistically though, you are more likely to find a fast kia then a V6 mustang.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    realistically though, you are more likely to find a fast kia then a V6 mustang.

haha I def. think you can. I actually took an auto tranny in my 03 Corolla back in high school. Unless there are some uber unseen mods you can destroy. Don't tell him that tho, let him be amazed, then be like "eh, good go ol' chum."
    "Hail to the king, baby." - BC

Let him talk himself up real big in front of everyone.... Dont seem too confident, and dont tell him you will beat him. Then before the race, ask him if he wants to put money on it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i do have a friend who has a built superchared cobra motor in his V6.... thing will light them up at 90 and he had to put a bunch of truck parts in his transmision.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    i do have a friend who has a built superchared cobra motor in his V6.... thing will light them up at 90 and he had to put a bunch of truck parts in his transmision.
    They can put down power even without a motor swap.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...ght=mustang+v6 - 10's stock block.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    They can put down power even without a motor swap.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...ght=mustang+v6 - 10's stock block.
    ...but you would have to know what you are doing. This guy doesn't know the difference between Cold Air and Short Ram intakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Night
    ...but you would have to know what you are doing. This guy doesn't know the difference between Cold Air and Short Ram intakes.
    Hope that's true, if it is then you shouldn't have a problem.

i say throw down a little bit of money. Make him pay for your wasted gas
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

watch it

i have a 2002 wrx and my boss has a 2001 s2000 i always get him off the line but after third he starts to winde out his gears and starts to pull on me. they have nice top end speed. i got to drive a 2003 s2000 at my work. i didnt like the low rpms but once you get over 7 and up it gets fun. there also alot funnier to drive in wet condition then a mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The mustang might be a HIGH 15 second car and trap well below what a stock wrx does. A stock wrx is a decent match for a stock gt....Stock GT's usually run around mid to high 14's (with great drivers) and trap around 96-98. The wrx is about on pace with that. You should kill a v-6 stang.

As for the s2000 I wouldnt be to sure of that. It's nothing to laugh at....vtec or not.
    Mid to high 14's in a GT with a great driver? Umm...not so much... You must be talking about the 94-98 models... That was about where they ran. A stock 99-04 GT will go anywhere from 13.8-14.2 with a decent driver. The 05+ models go mid 13's stock.

And if you're talking about a straight up drag race, the S2000 is usually in the low 14's as far as 1/4mi goes and that is with a pretty good driver. They kind of suck for launching because they have no torque and need to rev pretty high to get to their hp. They can launch well, but it's pretty tricky.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

lol, this is kind of interesting, but this dude on my street has an 04 mustang gt (auto ) with a cobra body on it and this super loud exhaust system that wakes me up at 3 a.m. anyway, his mom (that's right) has a wrb 02 wrx (auto), and i've seen her beat her own son once!! lol. yeah, those gts can pull some amazingly sick burnouts, slides, etc. but other than that, they aren't too good..........
    you should have no problem beating a v-6. lol
    My Car: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec. B #371

So today I saw my friend (with the 2000 Ford Mustang) and he was telling me how fast his car was right. Then out of no where I asked his to pop the hood. He was confuzed but did it. I pointed to the header and asked him what it was. He told me, completely seriously, that it was the A/C tube that leads in to the cab. Let the flaming begin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.