Tell Us Your Best Kill Or Worst Defeat!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tell Us Your Best Kill Or Worst Defeat! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just curious about what some of your best kills were and the car you smoked, or maybe even your worst ...

Tell Us Your Best Kill Or Worst Defeat!

Just curious about what some of your best kills were and the car you smoked, or maybe even your worst defeat!

My two worst defeats were just about six months ago, one I was rolling home in my 04 SRT-4 when I was stopped at a red light and a KB Mustang Cobra rolled up next to me light turned green and he put about 8-10 car lengths on me, second was when I was rolling im my STI and me and guy in his Honda S2000 ran from a light and as I was putting many car lengths between us I heard this blow off valve whistling at me between shifts and when I looked over I noticed it was a younger kid driving a old SUBARU JUSTY and he proceeded to put about 6 car lengths on me! When we came to the next light I asked what he had and he told me a fully built 2.5 STI motor and custome drive line! I guess its true no matter how fast your cars are there is always going to be someone faster, And thats what keeps me pushing my cars to the edge! So please share some of your stories, whether kills or defeats its all good my fellow SCUBBY OWNERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i had my 2004 a4 1.8t i lost to a pickup. doesnt even matter what kind. I sold that car real fast.

hey bro, it happens to the best of us just blame it on the german engineering!

I Support ClubWRX
    When I had the 'Teg, I lost to a turbo '80s Dodge Caravan w/ teh wood panel option. It was wesome.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Last Saturday on 78-w into NJ I raced an '05 GTO from a roll of 75 to about 130mph. When I saw him coming up I knew I was going to lose but my gf wanted to see how bad so I went for it. He was so cocky and was waving as he cruised by me. I went into 3rd and then 4th quickly and started to reel him in slowly. As I started to pass him I could tell he was even more pissed as I saw him downshift. But it was too late, I had the momentum to hold him off and get in front of him. I'm thinking the only reason I won was that he left it in 5th gear. Great race for the Wagon, but what a jerk. Afterwards I went to give him the thumbs up but he wanted no part of it and laid back for the perfect time to do the flyby.

FYI - I'm running a Cobb Stage 2.5

my wrx < gumball rally lookin porshe gt3

that ****er was messing with me. i thought i was beating him then i guess he stepped on the gas and took off. i was like
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I Support ClubWRX
    I got housed by a cl65 amg. That was an incredible site to see. That thing is insanely fast.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i lost to a modena but my adrenaline was rushing since it was a ferrari
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

It wasnt a serious kill..but tis was last new year..I raced a 69 bell-air, all i no he was runin race gas (u an just smell it in the air) and the motor was soo fuqin loud i couldnt hear my bro talkin ot me wit my windows down...My 02 wrx only had turboxs tbe, removed silncer, and excedy stage 1 clutch....we raced form a dig. wen he launched the whole car jumped the front wheels were about even with the top of my hood..what made it easy for me was the awd well he spinned those huge ass tires i was just out of there. he finally caught up to me about 1/2 mile down the road at the next traffic light....my adrealine was sooo fuqin high that nite it was crazy....oh yea my car was loaded i had my bro 3 cuzins n myself in the car. the guy had his like 2 kidds..n he was showin my bro that he was goin to kill us in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i lost to a modena but my adrenaline was rushing since it was a ferrari
    I wonder if there is a Ferrari Forum where they discuss all the cars that they kill on the road. I guess they don't get beat by much, especially not by Scoobies. Although I am sure there is the occasional beating by an STi or something.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I don't race much, but one guy in a C5 Corvette was making conversation about how WRX's are "quick little guys," and just to run for fun regardless. I thought I'd at least have him on the launch, buuut I bogged and he had drag radials. Hosed.

i have astock 03 wrx i was at the street races in dallas i pulled up next to a 90 or 91 civic hb i jump him by 4 cars or so he slowyed got me at the top i ask him what had b18 with nos grate fu for the hole family

I am at a light and hear the rev of a hard-core race car. The performance rang through my head like a tornado. The guy had his hair spiked with his visor upside down and crooked. I was up against the second coolest 16 year old in history. He was only shown up in total coolness by his passenger, who apparently was the mouth of the team. I knew I was in for the race of my life. His coffee can spewing the unmistakable noise of performance. I sat pondering why he would rev against me in a white 02' Chevy crew cab diesel dually pick up truck. His night must have been slim pickings for stoplight victories. Too bad he ran into the wrong guy. As a drag racer by trade, I do not keep things stock. Even tow vehicles. He slammed the thing into third with an unmistakable vengence. Bumble bees swarming as I put him two truck lengths down. I guess it was the extra traction of having the truck full of people, or the fact that it runs in the 15's when full of people and the air conditioning on in a hot Arizona summer evening. He was much quieter as we stopped side by at the next light. My big mouth passenger, another funny-car dirver, asked him how it felt to get his A$$ handed to him by an enourmous pick up truck full of people. His mouth passenger did not reply. I wanted a video. But no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    I wonder if there is a Ferrari Forum where they discuss all the cars that they kill on the road. I guess they don't get beat by much, especially not by Scoobies. Although I am sure there is the occasional beating by an STi or something.
    There is ferrarichat.com. Some people have racing stories but most of the people on there aren't really into racing.I guess when you have a car that can beat everything theres not really a need to race others.

I've never really raced anyone. Its not really my thing, but I'm pretty much stock so maybe thats why.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I've got 2 that stand out. My wife and I were on the way to the beach this past summer(Oak Island, NC). She was driving, I was sleeping. She wakes me up somewhere in NC and says, I think the guy beside us wants to race. 2 guys in an SRT-4, windows down, waving at her. Now she has been with me several times, and I thought knew what to do. I said well go then. She proceeds to give them a head nod, turn off the cruise and reach for what i thought was the gear shift. No, she turned off the AC, left it in 5th gear at 70 mph, and punches it. That neon walked us soo bad it was embarrassing!! Great wake me up to watch my car lose. I just turned over and went back to sleep. Way back when I was like 16 or so, I was on a date, and pulled out of the local fairgrounds behind an old square WV rabbit, with GTi on the back, rust and mud on it. I did not know what a GTi was back then, I know now. He waved me to go around him, and as I came up on his rear bumper, a puff of black smoke came out of the tail pipe, and he was gone! Talk about a bad thing to have happen on a date. I tried to catch him in the twisties, but that thing was gone. The girl asked me what happened, and I said I didn't know!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.