Tell Us Your Best Kill Or Worst Defeat! - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Tell Us Your Best Kill Or Worst Defeat! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sti>evo Ummmmmm, ok. I guess I don't follow the Chevy revolution. 2006..........1996............1806......either way it was a Camaro. ...

Quote Originally Posted by sti>evo
    Ummmmmm, ok. I guess I don't follow the Chevy revolution. 2006..........1996............1806......either way it was a Camaro. Guess I'm not too sure on the year but the rest is all true. Sorry about that.
    I believe your kill. Yeah. the Y87 Camaros are fast cars so good kill.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not best or worst, but, kill and die simultaneously

I don't street race. I'm going to my first AutoX this weekend... stoked! But, I do have an inadvertant kill and death.

The scene. Stopped at a light that is a left turn onto an interstate on ramp. This left turn crossed the two opposing lanes and then snakes through a long S-curve up onto the interstate. After you get through the intersection, the two lanes merge into one before you hit the accelleration lane for the interstate. I am second in the right lane of two that make the turn left across the intersection. There is a VW Beetle with an after market exhaust of some sort and a few stickers sitting in front of me. My Dad drives a Beetle and it is dog slow. I was planning on leisurely passing the Bug. There is a pickup in the left lane. The light turns green and we start casually. A gap opens up on my left in front of the truck and I enjoy the chance to wind through a couple of gears. As I pull past the VW, he jumps on it and nearly matches my speed. I need to make the merge so I jump on it and shoot past him. Not really trying to toast him (even with an exhaust, there's not much there), but, just trying to hop past him. Well he stays on it, so, I stay on it and walk by easily. I get out onto the interstate a good ways ahead of him and I realize that as I'm blowing past the VW, a Porsche 911 of some sort was behind me waiting for a gap. While I was still coming strong out of second into third (~ 70 mph), the Porsche ate me alive. It was fun to row through my gears and then hear him go by.

So, in one shot, I got to play with a VW and simultaneously get destroyed by a Porsche.
    Last edited by goBoating; 09-07-2006 at 06:57 AM.

My Best Kill Story:
    A guy pulled up next to me while I was cruising with some friends. I was Cobb Stage 1 at the time. We were headed out to see my friend's band practice. Anyway, the guy pulls up next to us and rolls down his window. I rolled mine down to see what he wants, figured he wanted directions or something. He was like, "Wanna run?". I said a had 3 people in the car with me but I'd run him, hoping he was supercharged. We went from a 50mph roll, I didn't bother dropping into second, just went into third and pulled several cars by about 80mph and let off.

He kept trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear him so I told him to pull over. He said he had just got the car (it was stock) and wanted to run me. I told him I have about 100hp more than him and he said "It don't matter, racing is racing. It's about the driver. I wanna run you from a dig.". Then I told him,"I have AWD and not to worry about my driving, you won't stand a chance from a stop.". He said whatever, he just got the car and wants to see how it compares. I said okay, and we went to an abandoned strip of road nearby. My friend Josh hopped out and stood about 30 feet in front of us to flag the race.

He started revving, so I revved up to about 3000rpm. Josh dropped his hands and I feathered out the clutch and punched it. I heard a honking noise and went up to the top of second (around 65mph) and looked in my mirror. He was back at the starting line. I turned around, figuring he'd thought I jumped the gun or something. As I pulled up I heard Josh saying to be careful since there are cops around for spring break, and the guy said goodnight and rolled off. I asked Josh what happened and he said as soon as he dropped his arms, we both launched and I pulled more than two car lengths before I even passed him (Josh). The guy just stopped next to Josh and said "F**k THAT!"! He asked Josh what I had done to my car and he told him I have a Accessport. The guy said he was considering a WRX when he bought the tC, now he wishes he had done it.

My Worst Death:
    It was about a week or two after I got the car. I had just finished breaking her in and I was still stock. I was driving on the highway and a 03 Mustang Mach 1 pulled alongside me and downshifted. I looked over and saw him, and figured what the heck. We went from about a forty roll. At the top of second he pulled about a half car, and I could have swore I heard a BOV. Shifted to third and he pulled buslengths on me. He wanted to talk afterwards so we pulled over. He was carrying a carload full of hammered friends, one of whom was drunkenly telling me how he whipped my ass with 4 people in the car. I asked him what mods he had, and he mentioned headers, x-pipe, exhaust, ecu, fuel tuning, etc. I told him I could have swore I heard a BOV, but he denied having a turbo and refused to pop his hood. I dismissed it, figured maybe I heard my stock wastegate. He mentioned that he knew what the outcome would be, as he'd raced WRXs and STIs before. We chatted briefly and parted ways, and I knew then that the modding bug was about to hit me, and in force.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.