M5 v MR - Could it be?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on M5 v MR - Could it be? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My stunt driver was cruising the local freeway when we spot a BMW M5. There was one clean pull from ...

M5 v MR - Could it be?

My stunt driver was cruising the local freeway when we spot a BMW M5. There was one clean pull from 75-100 that resulted with the MR a car length or two ahead. Then the M5 driver must have developed a bad neck cramp since he was unable to look over any more and immediately exited the freeway.

Could it be? The V10 M5 was trounced by a 4 banger? I am hoping he didn't have the car in power mode and was limited to 400 HP, but that should have resulted in a bus length debacle. Anyone have any experiences with the Bavarian King?

Stats for bench racers:

M5
    500 HP/383 TQ/4000LBS

MR
    390 HP/390 TQ/3200 LBS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty cool. What do you mean by stunt driver though? Or did you mean student driver?

I Support ClubWRX
    a stock MR? 8 or 9?
    That's a lot of space to put on a fast car in such a short race.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Stunt driver = friends who like to drive my car like a maniac.

My car is stock! Ok, so I have a Vishnu V390 setup (downpipe, test pipe, cams, cam gears, and xede) with the SMART option.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    Stunt driver = friends who like to drive my car like a maniac.

My car is stock! Ok, so I have a Vishnu V390 setup (downpipe, test pipe, cams, cam gears, and xede) with the SMART option.

ahhh. I dont think I'd let my friends drive my car, especialy like maniacs. lol

sorry dude, but on the highway, displacement + RWD will usually win. you can argue about power/weight, but not with an M5. those are 500 strong horses from 3000 all the way to 8000rpm.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    sorry dude, but on the highway, displacement + RWD will usually win. you can argue about power/weight, but not with an M5. those are 500 strong horses from 3000 all the way to 8000rpm.
    With the mods he has, I don't necessarily doubt him. I've walked an M5 so they're not invincible.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    With the mods he has, I don't necessarily doubt him. I've walked an M5 so they're not invincible.
    Yeah, walking a older M5 is more than possible considering they only trapped about 108/109mph, but the ones trap 113-115mph and are quite strong. The Evo does have a decent amount of mods though. An MR running full exhaust, cam, cam gears, and EM should also be running quite strong... However, I still dont think strong enough to get a legit win over a new M5 at those speeds. Perhaps the M5 was not in power mode or whatever and only pushing the 400hp.

Either way, anything is possible.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the 394hp, 4000lb M5? i believe you.

the EVO is fast but is not aerodynamic, and at 75-100, that matters. add to the fact that it's a 2.0L that's gotta do the pushin', with more drivetrain loss, and i don't see how a V10 with 500hp will get in its way.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    The race was only from 75-100 mph. That's a VERY short race. If you get the jump on someone at that speed the other car has to be MUCH faster to catch up with you. I don't doubt the story, but that's not really much of a race to begin with...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

I Support ClubWRX
    Whoah, I didn't know the MR had that much power and torque.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hey I have as many questions as you do. I just want to know if anyone has encountered one. It really was very odd, I wish he would have stuck around for a bit longer.

The race was only from 75-100 mph. That's a VERY short race. If you get the jump on someone at that speed the other car has to be MUCH faster to catch up with you. I don't doubt the story, but that's not really much of a race to begin with...
    He definately hit the gas first.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Whoah, I didn't know the MR had that much power and torque.
    D'oh, I just realized it was modified.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

good run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast