M5 v MR - Could it be?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on M5 v MR - Could it be? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My stunt driver was cruising the local freeway when we spot a BMW M5. There was one clean pull from ...

M5 v MR - Could it be?

My stunt driver was cruising the local freeway when we spot a BMW M5. There was one clean pull from 75-100 that resulted with the MR a car length or two ahead. Then the M5 driver must have developed a bad neck cramp since he was unable to look over any more and immediately exited the freeway.

Could it be? The V10 M5 was trounced by a 4 banger? I am hoping he didn't have the car in power mode and was limited to 400 HP, but that should have resulted in a bus length debacle. Anyone have any experiences with the Bavarian King?

Stats for bench racers:

M5
    500 HP/383 TQ/4000LBS

MR
    390 HP/390 TQ/3200 LBS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty cool. What do you mean by stunt driver though? Or did you mean student driver?

I Support ClubWRX
    a stock MR? 8 or 9?
    That's a lot of space to put on a fast car in such a short race.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Stunt driver = friends who like to drive my car like a maniac.

My car is stock! Ok, so I have a Vishnu V390 setup (downpipe, test pipe, cams, cam gears, and xede) with the SMART option.

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller
    Stunt driver = friends who like to drive my car like a maniac.

My car is stock! Ok, so I have a Vishnu V390 setup (downpipe, test pipe, cams, cam gears, and xede) with the SMART option.

ahhh. I dont think I'd let my friends drive my car, especialy like maniacs. lol

sorry dude, but on the highway, displacement + RWD will usually win. you can argue about power/weight, but not with an M5. those are 500 strong horses from 3000 all the way to 8000rpm.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    sorry dude, but on the highway, displacement + RWD will usually win. you can argue about power/weight, but not with an M5. those are 500 strong horses from 3000 all the way to 8000rpm.
    With the mods he has, I don't necessarily doubt him. I've walked an M5 so they're not invincible.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    With the mods he has, I don't necessarily doubt him. I've walked an M5 so they're not invincible.
    Yeah, walking a older M5 is more than possible considering they only trapped about 108/109mph, but the ones trap 113-115mph and are quite strong. The Evo does have a decent amount of mods though. An MR running full exhaust, cam, cam gears, and EM should also be running quite strong... However, I still dont think strong enough to get a legit win over a new M5 at those speeds. Perhaps the M5 was not in power mode or whatever and only pushing the 400hp.

Either way, anything is possible.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the 394hp, 4000lb M5? i believe you.

the EVO is fast but is not aerodynamic, and at 75-100, that matters. add to the fact that it's a 2.0L that's gotta do the pushin', with more drivetrain loss, and i don't see how a V10 with 500hp will get in its way.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    The race was only from 75-100 mph. That's a VERY short race. If you get the jump on someone at that speed the other car has to be MUCH faster to catch up with you. I don't doubt the story, but that's not really much of a race to begin with...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

I Support ClubWRX
    Whoah, I didn't know the MR had that much power and torque.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hey I have as many questions as you do. I just want to know if anyone has encountered one. It really was very odd, I wish he would have stuck around for a bit longer.

The race was only from 75-100 mph. That's a VERY short race. If you get the jump on someone at that speed the other car has to be MUCH faster to catch up with you. I don't doubt the story, but that's not really much of a race to begin with...
    He definately hit the gas first.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Whoah, I didn't know the MR had that much power and torque.
    D'oh, I just realized it was modified.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

good run

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.