Cobb 2.5 vs 01 Turbo Celica GTS

This is a discussion on Cobb 2.5 vs 01 Turbo Celica GTS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, It has been quite awhile since I have posted any kills, but around where I live there are ...

Cobb 2.5 vs 01 Turbo Celica GTS

Hello Everyone,
    It has been quite awhile since I have posted any kills, but around where I live there are either super super fast cars or ricer honda's with no balls so it is hard to find a good race.

Footnotes at bottom:

After a movie I saw a highschool friend and we decided to do a few runs on the highway. He has an 01 Celica GTS with a T3/T4 turbo, frount mount, running I am pretty sure 5 or 6 lbs of boost. His car was very quick on the highway. We started at about 50 mph the first time b/c I could not get him to go any slower, we got on it and you could tell the turbo was a little big for his motor b/c he had lag. I was about 1/2 a car infront of him until about 100 and after that I was pulling away. He gave up at about 120. The second run was from about 60 and he was more in his turbo's range and it was closer, but I won by about 1 car.

On the way home though, We both ended up next to each other at the light, and ever since I got my new transmission, I promised myself no launches on it. . . Well I just had to. HAHA! It was murder. As soon as it was green I just crushed him. I forgot how AWESOME a real launch in an AWD car really is. Such a rush.

Cobb 2.5 WRX VF34 > 01 Celica GTS t3/t4 turbo kit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good runs.

a turbo celica? props to your friend! those things usually grenade with any sort of mods.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    Hello Everyone,
    It has been quite awhile since I have posted any kills, but around where I live there are either super super fast cars or ricer honda's with no balls so it is hard to find a good race.

Footnotes at bottom:

After a movie I saw a highschool friend and we decided to do a few runs on the highway. He has an 01 Celica GTS with a T3/T4 turbo, frount mount, running I am pretty sure 5 or 6 lbs of boost. His car was very quick on the highway. We started at about 50 mph the first time b/c I could not get him to go any slower, we got on it and you could tell the turbo was a little big for his motor b/c he had lag. I was about 1/2 a car infront of him until about 100 and after that I was pulling away. He gave up at about 120. The second run was from about 60 and he was more in his turbo's range and it was closer, but I won by about 1 car.

On the way home though, We both ended up next to each other at the light, and ever since I got my new transmission, I promised myself no launches on it. . . Well I just had to. HAHA! It was murder. As soon as it was green I just crushed him. I forgot how AWESOME a real launch in an AWD car really is. Such a rush.

Cobb 2.5 WRX VF34 > 01 Celica GTS t3/t4 turbo kit.
    Reminds me of the 04 GTI I ran, he pulled 4 cars on me from a roll, from a dig I had 8 cars on him and he gave up when I got to 45mph.

I used to own a modded GT-S....not turbo though, thats why I sold it and got an STi!

If they aren't turbo, they have absolutely no torque.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    a turbo celica? props to your friend! those things usually grenade with any sort of mods.
    word to that seems like every time I hear about any kind of celica it has to do w/ a blown engine. to a couple of good drivers and a good time.
    "Hail to the king, baby." - BC

60 wasn't in his turbo power band, 60 was when lift kicked in. I owned a 2000 celica with 180 whp, and it only weighed 2500 lbs. Light weight = better braking, better handling, and easier to go faster. w/o turbo that thing can run a 1/4 mile in the high 13's, which isn't that bad. I never had any problems with the engine, but I didn't have it turbo'd. Those things come with high compression pistons, so to turbo you have to get some low compression pistons, otherwise it will go boom. I can't believe a properly tuned and turbo'd celi would lose to a wrx stage 2.5 from 60 mph. With that size turbo he should have been running close to 300 whp and he had 500 lbs. less than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ted dibiase
    60 wasn't in his turbo power band, 60 was when lift kicked in. I owned a 2000 celica with 180 whp, and it only weighed 2500 lbs. Light weight = better braking, better handling, and easier to go faster. w/o turbo that thing can run a 1/4 mile in the high 13's, which isn't that bad. I never had any problems with the engine, but I didn't have it turbo'd. Those things come with high compression pistons, so to turbo you have to get some low compression pistons, otherwise it will go boom. I can't believe a properly tuned and turbo'd celi would lose to a wrx stage 2.5 from 60 mph. With that size turbo he should have been running close to 300 whp and he had 500 lbs. less than you.

What kind of power band do you use? I stick with natural rubber, but they require frequent replacement.

Also, I'm out of coffee.

Ever seen a lizard?
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by ted dibiase
    It all depends though. A really well done turbo celica should be able to walk a stage2.5 from a roll, however you never know the situation. My friend has a Celica GT-S with intake, header, exhaust, pulley, engine management, etc... Just about all the basic bolt ons around and ran a 14.3 @ 99mph I believe. Then he threw on a turbo with supporting mods, but left the internals alone and therefore he was afraid to push boost since he didn't want his motor to blow due to the high compression the engine runs. He was only running like 5psi on a pretty conservative tune and even with the turbo was only managing 13.9's @ 103mph because he could not pick up traction and boost was low. Now if he played with the motor a bit and ran lower compression on a more aggressive map with higher boost I am sure he could the car into the very low 13's with traps ~ 110mph... but again, his engine would suffer.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i don't think a turbo celi could even come close to a 2.5 wrx in the 1/4. But, from 60 mph I think a turbo celi could take it.