I can't beleive it guys.. I am selling the STi..(this is a sadd ass day)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

This is a discussion on I can't beleive it guys.. I am selling the STi..(this is a sadd ass day) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yup... after 2 amazing years and so much fun.. it's time to sell my beloved STi. It's pushing 308 whp ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    153

    I can't beleive it guys.. I am selling the STi..(this is a sadd ass day)

    Yup... after 2 amazing years and so much fun.. it's time to sell my beloved STi. It's pushing 308 whp 320t/q..My wife hates the wing and it's not the most practical for me with teh baby and all.. even tho we have a volvo s40 for my wife... Also.. I can't have a daily driver that needs to much attention to maintenance like my sti did.. Monitoring oil contantly , always checking the Ecu for CEl..I love this car and I will really miss it but I just need somthing abit more refined..especially for my work (image is alot) so I purchased a 2006 Volvo S60R in Sonic Blue with Navy interior. This car is sick! It feels just as fast as my sti and handles about the same. It has options of Comfort /sport/advanced susupensions..
    It's abit heavy and big fut I can get use to it.. also it's pretty rare here and the colour(sonic blue) us a young colour.
    I opted for the 6 speed auto with gear tronic ( i know your all laughing!!) but I do alot of city driving and for the 2006 models.. the auto is jsut as fast as the manual due to a revised trany and the tourqe kicks in at really low rpms 1500 so u have NO lag,
    I did drive the 6 speed and the clutch felt weird alsp it wont let u launch it so I thaught what the heck?
    I looked at the E46M3 but you cant squeeze power out of them without BIG $$$and my Sti raped them all day..lol I also looked at the Audi S4 and I dunno it didnt really impress me..The S60r can be braught to 375 hp with just a chip /downpipe and exhaust,,
    so I am picking up my S60R tomorow at noon I still have the STI for one more night...
    Maybe just maybe I'll make one more video for you guys..lol
    I'll miss everyone and hope I am still welcome in this forum and to keep in touch,,
    atleast I stuck to AWD ....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User cyrilgrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,190
    i'd actually like to see some photos if you can post them
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

  4. #3
    Registered User cyrilgrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,190
    i just checked one out on ebay, and it looks damn nice
    have you played with the active suspension settings yet? how are they?
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    153

    I dunno bros

    I pick mine up tomorow at noon..
    I'll post pics..

    check this out.

    http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....term=volvo&p=2

    and

    http://www.evolvecars.com/site/index...6d4a91ca64ad70

    for $2500 You get this amaizng souding exhaust and downpipe and Ecu you get 53-70 hp with those mods alone..!

  6. #5
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Congrats on your purchase man, and I am glad you like the car, but............................

    1) You bought an auto S60R and say its as fast as your STi was..... First off, the 6spd automatic S60R is not even close to a stock STi in terms of raw power. Not to mention your STi was pushing 300+whp. Your Volvo runs low 14's @ about 98mph AT BEST... That is a full second slower than a STOCK STi and a second and a half slower than your STi with mods... Not to mention it traps 5/6mph less than a stock STi and 10mph less than your modded STi.

    2) Your S60R does not handle as well as your STi. Even on the most firm of suspension settings it will not hold a candle to an STi on a track, autoX, or canyon run.

    3) Yes, the Volvo does have "some" potential being a boosted car... However, be aware that parts are not cheap and turbo volvo's are well known for reliability problems once the mods start (particularly when you raise the boost).

    The S60R is a pretty decent car... Dont get me wrong. You just totally overhyped it in your post and made it something it wasn't. Good luck with the car though, and I hope you enjoy it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #6
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Congrats on your purchase man, and I am glad you like the car, but............................

    1) You bought an auto S60R and say its as fast as your STi was..... First off, the 6spd automatic S60R is not even close to a stock STi in terms of raw power. Not to mention your STi was pushing 300+whp. Your Volvo runs low 14's @ about 98mph AT BEST... That is a full second slower than a STOCK STi and a second and a half slower than your STi with mods... Not to mention it traps 5/6mph less than a stock STi and 10mph less than your modded STi.

    2) Your S60R does not handle as well as your STi. Even on the most firm of suspension settings it will not hold a candle to an STi on a track, autoX, or canyon run.

    3) Yes, the Volvo does have "some" potential being a boosted car... However, be aware that parts are not cheap and turbo volvo's are well known for reliability problems once the mods start (particularly when you raise the boost).

    The S60R is a pretty decent car... Dont get me wrong. You just totally overhyped it in your post and made it something it wasn't. Good luck with the car though, and I hope you enjoy it

    Hey man, the guy is having a hard enough time separating with his STI, let him talk up the s60r to make the transition not be so hard.... way to pop his bouble....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  8. #7
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your new car!

  9. #8
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Post up some pics, i love the S60R with the body kit that Volvo offers.
    Im sure the extra refinment and features of the S60R will be worth the trade.

    Good luck.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  10. #9
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Hey man, the guy is having a hard enough time separating with his STI, let him talk up the s60r to make the transition not be so hard.... way to pop his bouble....
    shut up.

    I have driven the S60R it is a mighty fine car, and I made references in the post about it being a nice car... I just simply let him know that the car is not quite what he thinks it is. If I bought a WRX that was stock and came on here saying it handled just as good an STi and it was just as quick as an STi what would you guys say?

    Props on the car. Great blend of performance and luxury for the price, but not quite the car he makes it seem.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  11. #10
    Registered User BillFromTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    toms river, NJ
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    shut up.
    +1
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

  12. #11
    SubaruStamford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stamford, CT.
    Posts
    86
    The S60R with the aero-package is the best looking Volvo ever. If I was in a family way, and didn't have a job that rewarded a loud, fast car w/ a huge wing, I would love to have one.

    Sam

  13. #12
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    The S60R in the vid sounds and looks amazing. Congrats on the new car!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  14. #13
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    shut up.

    I have driven the S60R it is a mighty fine car, and I made references in the post about it being a nice car... I just simply let him know that the car is not quite what he thinks it is. If I bought a WRX that was stock and came on here saying it handled just as good an STi and it was just as quick as an STi what would you guys say?

    Props on the car. Great blend of performance and luxury for the price, but not quite the car he makes it seem.
    Once again, I'm sure he drove the car too, so you aren't telling him anything he doesn't know. Either car is way slower than mine, and you don't here me going off about it. Let him be happy with his new car. You suck!
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  15. #14
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    You suck!
    Thanks.

    I'll be sure to take that into consideration when I urinate in your mouth.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  16. #15
    "sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    4,125
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Thanks.

    I'll be sure to take that into consideration when I urinate in your mouth.
    lol!
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •