2004 GTO vs WRX

This is a discussion on 2004 GTO vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont know what year it was or anything,the only thing i know is it was loud,the turbo spooling was ...

2004 GTO vs WRX

I dont know what year it was or anything,the only thing i know is it was loud,the turbo spooling was crazy loud.Well we are at a stop light and hes revving hard,i look over and give him a nod.I cant launch good at all so i knew hed get a good 3 car lead by the time i stopped spinning.Well the light turned green and he took off and got a quick 2 car lead and when i shifted into second i started pulling a little but not enough to make much ground.He hit the brakes as do i considering it wasnt a very good road to be racing on.I follow him to a gas station and he asked if i wanted to go from a 30 mph roll,i said sure.I followed him to a better road and got along side and we both matched each other speed at 30 and he honked three times and i got a half a car lead and pry only put another half on him by 100.When i hit 4th thats when it was clear he wasnt gonna pull on me and i shut down at 140 with a good 2 car lead id say.It kinda sucks cuz i only consider it real racing if its from a dig.Its just hard to compete with a powerful AWD car from a dig and not a lot of room to run to top end.Ever since that day iv respected the WRX big time.
    2004 GTO-black on black-M6

mods-K&N Aircharger / SLP mass airflow sensor / Nitto 555 DR's /Stainless Works LT headers /Gravana ram air hood / NGK-TR55 plugs/Magnecor 8.5 wires/SLP Rear Sway Bar/SLP Loudmouth/Spec Stage 2 Clutch/GMM RipShift

333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good runs

a fellow Aikidoka just bought an 05...

were those the ones that came with the LS2 from the C6?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I got an 04 with the LS1.The 05 and 06 have an LS2.

mods-K&N Aircharger / SLP mass airflow sensor / Nitto 555 DR's /Stainless Works LT headers /Gravana ram air hood / NGK-TR55 plugs/Magnecor 8.5 wires/SLP Rear Sway Bar/SLP Loudmouth/Spec Stage 2 Clutch/GMM RipShift

333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

Any GTO is the bomb. Sweet car.

Great story!

Thats a good story. Sounds like two racers with alot of respect for each others rides. The way it should be. (spread the word to all the Annoying SRT4s that hit their BOVs all the time)

Yeah iv heard a lot of people say bad things about SRT4 drivers but the two iv come across have been real cool,they know there place on the food chain.Im pretty sure they got word that the GTO will kick there ass.

333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by rynesgto
    Yeah iv heard a lot of people say bad things about SRT4 drivers but the two iv come across have been real cool,they know there place on the food chain.Im pretty sure they got word that the GTO will kick there ass.