Whats up with the srt 4 crowd? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Whats up with the srt 4 crowd? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Wrx BriT ^^^ your car seems awsome from your sig. Any pics.Sorry for the hijack. Thanks alot ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    ^^^ your car seems awsome from your sig. Any pics.Sorry for the hijack.
    Thanks alot man, its taken along time and alot of cash but im proud of her, I'll try and get some pictures up very soon!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ouch SRT hatred

i have an 04 srt4 and my g/f has an 04 STi... stock for stock... the srt pulls on the sti from around a 30 roll... dead stop... sti walks. personally i like the way the sti handles, drives, looks.. b;lah blah.. her sti has a front mount, perrin intake, catless down pipe, invidia race exhaust, stg 2 clutch, and a cobb AP thats protuned by TDC.. granted she has a small boost leak and its only a conservative tune for winter dynoing 305 WHP... the SRT which has a turbo back catless side exit exhaust, intake, and a wastegate and lowering springs i dyno'd 283 WHP... the SRT still beats in from 60-120 by about a car... my g/f can drive, she got a 13.4 stock with her car, which isnt bad for a chick.

from all the rambling above... yes most SRT owners are 16 year old kids who get a hard on with the sound of their fake BOV. but theres others who arent jerk offs. i know it gets annoying when they do that ****, and it makes it easy to hate SRT's for it... but u really should respect them some what...atleast on the highway

and for the money... i paid 19 G's brand new, dropped another 800 in parts and im running mid 13's @ 108...(stock tires suck) i guess another reason why so many little *****es have these cars

BTW yes im on my g/f's name
    Last edited by NHblackSTichick; 01-11-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
    Look guys. Is it really a big deal? I mean all we have to do is wait them out another 2-3 years and they will all be broken. Problem solved.

lol yeah i have 30 thousand on my car...

my buddy with an 06 wrx... BLOWN tranny already???? personally and u KNOW this.... more WRX's break than SRT's...BY FAR

Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
    Look guys. Is it really a big deal? I mean all we have to do is wait them out another 2-3 years and they will all be broken. Problem solved.

nice havn't heard that one before.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Yeah so I actually read that WHOLE thread. All I have to say is WOW.

I'm sure glad I'm a clubWRX member!!!!

And we always give SRT-4's their respect (except to the punka$$ trolls that come here to start trouble). All cars have thier perks and weaknesses. But as the saying goes, there will always be somebody with a better, faster car. (Unless of course you're the dude drivin' around in the Bugatti Veyron!)
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX

i see like 1 srt4 every 2 months around here. no one has them. and no one ever revs at me
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

I to would agree with NHblackstichick, the day after I purchased my STI I had my brother come out and run my SRT just to see where both cars stood performance wise and I've got to tell you from a 30mph roll my SRT pulled harder and faster then my STI but from a dig I would put around 5 car lenghts but by fourth gear my SRT would pull hard on put around 1-1/12 cars on me!! I can tell you from personal experience driving both cars stock for stock the SRT is a much better sport compact then the STI performance wise, before I get attacked just hear me out, my SRT dyno'ed stock at 241hp and 256trq while the same day my STI dyno'ed at 243hp and 252trq so they have perty much the same power levels its just the SRT acheives full boost quicker then my STI and has a lot more top end when you hit the top of third and into fourth! But on the hand an STI with just the minimal upgrades and you've turned what I thought an underacheiver when I first bought it into a car that can run with some of the most expensive sports cars in the world!!(trust me on that!!!)Like I mentioned earlier I didn't write this to ruffle any feathers because I to am a loyal SCUBBY owner but at the same time I to am a loyal SRT owner!! I guess over all it dosen't matter what you drive to me, because im just a loyal fan and love all SPORT COMPACTS!!!!

On the forums(yes I visit most car forums. I'm a car guy) most SRT-4 owners seem like ****s. But the around me I haven't really met any. Well this one kid was kinf of. At a car show there were two SRT-4's, one owned by a kid and one owned by a 40+ man. The kid was laughing at the older man saying "hehe that thing it still stock". It's funny cause I knew more about the car then the kid who owned it and if he knew he would have seen it was the SRT-4 ACR.. This was number 5 and the wanted to keep it stock to hold it's value.

I got one guy in what looks like a stock SRT-4 that waves to me everytime we pass each other.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Most of the SRT4 owners that I have met are pretty damned kewl. But then, we all recognize a sports oriented vehicle and our association with them. It's all about 'du luv brotha'
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

haha i like the response of the srt owner whos saying got drive train loss and he responds
    Got handling?...

Got interior?...

Got resale value?..

The STi does...lol
    TheJ original quote
    I didn't just fall off the truck from riceville. I mean how do you know the earth is round? You have a book that "SAYS" so... That doesn't mean too much.

idafc21

when i 1st got my car i went to meet up w/ my friend and there was a slver srt w/ a loud speaker that yelled your car is a pos
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

LoL ya same in Reno i have raced 2 of thim on HW 80 going into reno with my 05 wrx and i kill thim every time HAHAHAHA but hay it is the fastest car in its class for under 20k or they say lol

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    idafc21

when i 1st got my car i went to meet up w/ my friend and there was a slver srt w/ a loud speaker that yelled your car is a pos
    haha, i think its hilarious to get a totally unprovoked reaction like that. whatever. for every 1 srt owner (or whoever) calling my car a pos, i have about 15 people that yell "nice car!" to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast