JDM Wagon VS. SRT-4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM Wagon VS. SRT-4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a friend with a 02 WRX wagon. He has swapped a 2.0 JDM STi engine, the 2.0 I ...

JDM Wagon VS. SRT-4?

I have a friend with a 02 WRX wagon. He has swapped a 2.0 JDM STi engine, the 2.0 I think. He also has a reflash PCM, 3" catless exhaust. He gave me a ride and the thing pulls pretty hard. We are going to the drag strip in the spring.

My SRT-4 mods are:
    S2/toys
    Mopar Cat Delete/Mopar Cat back/3' o2 housing
    CCA FMIC
    Zzapp Throttle Body and Spacer
    Drag radials

Anyone have an idea what his car will run in the 1/4 mile? do I have a chance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What turbo's he running? Even wtih the stock one on it with it setup correctly he could clock mid 12's easily. . . need more information on the wagon.

That's about all I know. He has those mods, plus suspension mods (coilovers, sway bars, etc). He's running the stock turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by TedStriker
    That's about all I know. He has those mods, plus suspension mods (coilovers, sway bars, etc). He's running the stock turbo.
    Stock turbo for that motor, or the stock wrx turbo?

He has the stock JDM Turbo.

He has the stock JDM Turbo.
    Then he can run mid 12s, but you must realize you drive the fastest car ever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    but you must realize you drive the fastest car ever possible.
    Hey!!! you were making a joke right? I thought so. That's the FIRST time I've heard that one! I'll have to use it in the future. You ever thought about stand up? lol

I realize his car is awesome, just want to find out from the WRX experts what my chances are. I appreciate the feedback. What do you think he would trap?

Hey!!! you were making a joke right? I thought so. That's the FIRST time I've heard that one! I'll have to use it in the future. You ever thought about stand up? lol

I realize his car is awesome, just want to find out from the WRX experts what my chances are. I appreciate the feedback. What do you think he would trap?

You do understand how hard it is to really reliably say what he's trapping because we don't know the entire modlist and there are so many other factors as well. . he could be trapping 105'sh . . but there's just to many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    You do understand how hard it is to really reliably say what he's trapping because we don't know the entire modlist and there are so many other factors as well. . he could be trapping 105'sh . . but there's just to many variables.
    Yeah, of course. I really like his car, and just want to get your opinions. My car is pretty good too, but his seems to be stronger, and of couse awesome launch and 60ft.

Yeah, of course. I really like his car, and just want to get your opinions. My car is pretty good too, but his seems to be stronger, and of couse awesome launch and 60ft.

Well I've gotten the opinion that he's running the EJ207, that's a pretty good motor.

Who's jk, don't you read the SRT-4 forums. Last time I read it they beat Z06 and modded 03-04 Cobras stock.

He said it is a V8.

He said it is a V8.
    It should have a VF37 twin scroll Turbo on it and better flowing heads than a V7. Although it will not make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Who's jk, don't you read the SRT-4 forums. Last time I read it they beat Z06 and modded 03-04 Cobras stock.
    Please don't paint all SRT-4 owners with the same brush!! Srt-4's are great cars for the $$, but there are alot of other great cars out there, WRX's and STI's being 2 of them. After riding in this car, I'm looking very hard at an STI (AWD).

Ted,

Let us know the outcome of the race. I am interested to see what the wagon does with that setup.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast