a4 2.0t vs. 06 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on a4 2.0t vs. 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV and there's 1.8t's getting down to low 12's and such....may even be an 11 second one ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    and there's 1.8t's getting down to low 12's and such....may even be an 11 second one out there some where...so...I guess even from a stop if you can drive and put enough money into a car you can beat just about anything else out there...How many 11 and 12 second subarus do you see out there on the street? How many 11 and 12 second subaraus do you see without a broken transmission or destroyed clutch every other week?

Well since there actually are quite a few 11 second subarus we can actually talk about them. Bigvalley's 10.2 run was still on his stock trans. Oddly enough out of the 6 people around my area with 11 second subarus only one has broken a tranny.

But i'm sure you've got a friend who knows someone else whose friend had tons of problems right?

Myfriend. . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Well since there actually are quite a few 11 second subarus we can actually talk about them. Bigvalley's 10.2 run was still on his stock trans. Oddly enough out of the 6 people around my area with 11 second subarus only one has broken a tranny.

But i'm sure you've got a friend who knows someone else whose friend had tons of problems right?

Myfriend. . .
    Not just 11 sec, but also 10 sec running in the mid 120's. YZFWV Check out some of the times at a local track. I don't see any VW's. BTW, I ran a 13.8 @ 98 mph with a 1.9 60 ft time.

BTW, I found this review on the 06 TR .
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...reza&trimid=-1
    Last edited by Drod; 01-05-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

from a roll. My friend's putting a t3/t4 on his gti. He's expecting 300-350 whp. not bad for a small upgrade.
    um, he should just get the APR Stage III...that way he won't get a sh*t load of problems with his own setup. APR stuff is proven and reliable.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

and there's 1.8t's getting down to low 12's and such....may even be an 11 second one out there some where...so...I guess even from a stop if you can drive and put enough money into a car you can beat just about anything else out there...How many 11 and 12 second subarus do you see out there on the street? How many 11 and 12 second subaraus do you see without a broken transmission or destroyed clutch every other week?
    Yeah, the 11 sec vw out there is not a street car by any means, unless you run like low-pressure slicks, NOS, and a stripped interior on a daily driver. Even the APR III+ GTI only runs 12s on slicks. Subaru's are much more of a daily driver, by all means. 200 lb/ft+ on FWD sucks, no other way to put it.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    um, he should just get the APR Stage III...that way he won't get a sh*t load of problems with his own setup. APR stuff is proven and reliable.
    there's other companies out there. He's going with the EIP setup and I know several other people that have done this without problems.

Friends, not friends of a friend. One sold his for a 350z after having trans problems and the other one blew out 1st or 2nd on his sti and got rid of it for a new vette since Subaru was being a **** about it.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Friends, not friends of a friend. One sold his for a 350z after having trans problems and the other one blew out 1st or 2nd on his sti and got rid of it for a new vette since Subaru was being a **** about it.
    Give me any car you want and inside of a day I'll break any drivetrain part you ask by just driving it. That doesn't make the car crappy just the driver.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Ah yes frumaroll.

300-350whp from a bolt on turbo, amazing.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

i gotta admit i'm gonna really like the new FWD GTI with the 2.0T, but i can't see them as legitimate contenders to the WRX anymore, especially when the 06's have the extra 500cc's and different turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Give me any car you want and inside of a day I'll break any drivetrain part you ask by just driving it. That doesn't make the car crappy just the driver.
    yeah, really. if the wrx/subaru has such a bad name for trans, then why is mine even still functional in every gear like its supposed to be? i didnt know how to drive a stick when i got the car and i was really harsh for about a month. when i run it out i never look back. i offroad so often, gave it some really hard high rpm launches at the track. mines surviving

i know a guy from this board and seen his car, wouldnt doubt its hit 75k already and its an 04. been through all the cobb stages and now has a deadbolt 18g. put down around 300 awhp

pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    yeah, really. if the wrx/subaru has such a bad name for trans, then why is mine even still functional in every gear like its supposed to be? i didnt know how to drive a stick when i got the car and i was really harsh for about a month. when i run it out i never look back. i offroad so often, gave it some really hard high rpm launches at the track. mines surviving

i know a guy from this board and seen his car, wouldnt doubt its hit 75k already and its an 04. been through all the cobb stages and now has a deadbolt 18g. put down around 300 awhp

pay to play.
    Alot of guys like the SRT-4(Sorry to pick your guys out but I hear this alot on the SRTforums.com) crew always make that comment. But I would LOVE to see what would happen to their tranny if it hooked up on all 4 wheels. The reason alot of cars don't blow trannies is cause alot of them don't get nearly the traction we do.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Alot of guys like the SRT-4(Sorry to pick your guys out but I hear this alot on the SRTforums.com) crew always make that comment. But I would LOVE to see what would happen to their tranny if it hooked up on all 4 wheels. The reason alot of cars don't blow trannies is cause alot of them don't get nearly the traction we do.
    nah, the SRT drivetrain can take tons of abuse. more so than the EVO's....and that block is tough!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    nah, the SRT drivetrain can take tons of abuse. more so than the EVO's....and that block is tough!
    You only say that because it can't be proven.1000hp in and SRT-4 is the same as 300hp, either way you just spin the tires. Even with DR's it doesn't compair to the shock load an AWD system puts on a tranny.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i gotta admit i'm gonna really like the new FWD GTI with the 2.0T, but i can't see them as legitimate contenders to the WRX anymore, especially when the 06's have the extra 500cc's and different turbo.
    Heard straight from the APR reps mouth, they're looking at putting out 400 hp with just a turbo swap and basic goodies on the new 2.0t's.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.