95 RT/TT vs 05 STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 95 RT/TT vs 05 STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys, I'm the one with the Stealth. The STI is my good friend's car (bone stock), he is ...

95 RT/TT vs 05 STI

What's up guys, I'm the one with the Stealth. The STI is my good friend's car (bone stock), he is actually a member of this site (Lit Fuse).

After repeatedly embarrassing Lit Fuse at the gym , we both decided to head out to an open stretch of highway with no cars around (I-55 for you Saint Louis members). I figured that I would pull him fairly definitively with my mods, however, that was not the case. We started at around 45MPH (2nd gear for me). Right from the get go, it was DEAD even. No one pulled an inch. I was shocked to say the least. However, towards the heart of my 3rd gear (~90MPH), I started walking him. Of course, Lit Fuse will argue that I didn't start pulling until 100MPH, but he has been known at times to be FULL OF **** (j/k Scott).

I cut off at around 120MPH, and he was ~ 2 cars back. Overall, I was totally impressed with his STI, considering it is bone stock. Definitely not slow from a roll like some idiots tend to think. I may have to reconsider giving him a rematch when he starts modding it, unless of course, I upgrade my pathetic stock turbos.

And by the way, Lit Fuse post the pics you took of our cars on this thread.
    Last edited by 95RT/TT; 01-02-2006 at 06:25 AM.
    pearl yellow 95 RT/TT w/29K miles
    EVOIII 16G's, FMIC, and support
    awaiting tuning and dyno numbers (500AWHP on 93 octane @ 18-20PSI goal)

charcoal 91 300ZXTT 5 speed w/48K miles
    335RWHP / 377RWTQ @ 16PSI in 104 degree weather

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R stock (ready to install jet kit, and full exhaust system)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill you should race a freind of mine here in Bloomington IL.He has a 95 white stealth that makes 600hp. He walked a 400whp mustang from a roll on I55 to 125mph he had 6+ car lengths.

Ahhh, no thanks.

By the way, your avatar is hilarious!!

You need more boost. Rewire the fuel pump, whether it's stock or aftermarket (stock pump is fine for stock turbos) and set the boost to ~ 17 psi. The car can make a lot of power on the stock twins -- more than enough to handle stock or even mildly-modded STi's.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

The stock TD04 9b's on a 3/S will only hold 10 psi to redline. They're hair dryers.

Once you put some WRX turbos in it, you'll see a world of difference.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

If you click the link in my sig, you'll see I *had* a Stealth TT on the stock twins that ran exactly what you see in the sig. No weight reduction, stock cat-back, stock fuel pump. There's video, timeslip, and a list of mods on my site.

You'll also find I'm one of the oldest members at 3Si too. I was the first to stress pushing the stock turbos further than 13.0s. My 92 ran 12.9 @ 106 on the stock twins and the 94 was able to go faster thanks to the 6spd and the VPC. The stock twins may not be the fastest out there but I surprised a lot of people who laughed when I told them I hadn't changed the turbos. Notice the Supra in my video wasn't exactly catching up on the top end either.

You may wonder "why didn't mister smartypants run biger turbos then?" Well, I got screwed on the first "16g/adapter plates" group buy to the tune of almost $2k. After that my enthusiasm and wallet weren't up to trying again.

And yes, a pair of 13T's is serious bang for the buck. It'll do anything you'd want to do on the street.
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Thats pretty sweet for 9b's, definitely. I wasn't aware you could run stock fuel to 17 psi with a hotwired pump.

I went straight for the DR650's because I wanted it to pull straight to 8,300 RPM without dropping off, (I have an AEM EMS and a TON of other upgrades) and 9b's would definitely not have been happy doing that. They also give me the ability to run more boost if I put race gas in the car.

Evo III big 16g's on a TD05 set up is insane... too much for my 10:1 motor to handle for very long.

The best thing about DR650's is that they look stock, although that doesn't help when everything else on the car looks nothing like stock.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 01-03-2006 at 01:27 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

John M, that time is very impressive!! I assume your 4035lb weight is with driver? I haven't weighed mine yet, but I believe the 95 RT/TT's were very similar in weight to the 96 RT/TT's (which are known to be the lightest, due to all of the options cut out), and I am guessing I am a tad under 3700LBS without driver. I would think the 94's can't be much more than 50LBS more than that. Did you get to find out what mods the Supra had, and what boost it was running? As for my plans, I believe I am going to go to a DR650 set up over the spring, hopefully pushing 400AWHP on 93 octane.
    Last edited by 95RT/TT; 01-03-2006 at 03:41 AM.

Yes, the 4000+ lbs was with me (I'm a lightweight 280 lbs ). It varied between 4030-4065 lbs depending on the fuel level each time I went to the track. I've uploaded a couple more videos to my site as well.

The Supra in the video was a 6spd BPU but I don't know his exact mods or boost. I have a bit of Supra experience myself though -- I did the work on my brother's Supra (now sold). It reached 117 mph traps on the stock twins before he went with a FP57 (small single). Combined with a built automatic and a Precision Industries torque converter, the small single gave it a lot more usable power curve than you typically see on Supras. It was no slouch either, running 11.7 @ 122+ at 19 psi on pump and DRs. It was designed to go 27 psi on race gas so I can't wait to see when the new owner really uncorks it.

At 3Si you'll see where my friend Phil made 470+ whp DR650s which was the record for quite a while. Right now I'm helping another guy build a 13T-powered Stealth which should be pretty quick when we're done.

And yes, my Legacy won't be neglected in the mod department. It'll soon have a full exhaust and it'll end up with a FMIC and FP Green under the hood when I'm finished.

John M

Yeah, yeah, you beat my stock Sti, but, who is nearly benching twice his weight

Yeah, yeah, you beat my stock Sti, but, who is nearly benching twice his weight
    I believe the day we ran em was leg day, which you dont stand a prayer against me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.