Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R0HNQWLT7IGR7A Stage 2 STI (TBE, Race gas, tuned utec, etc) Expected to be more of a race then this. Guy ...

Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R0HNQWLT7IGR7A

Stage 2 STI (TBE, Race gas, tuned utec, etc)

Expected to be more of a race then this. Guy ended up loosing some money but ya live and learn right?
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fyi, video started on 3rd beep.....the guy behind me did the beeping to be fair......

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R0HNQWLT7IGR7A

Stage 2 STI (TBE, Race gas, tuned utec, etc)

Expected to be more of a race then this. Guy ended up loosing some money but ya live and learn right?
    100 pillz ?
    - Local Riceist

what the????

let me start by saying that i believe a stock Z06 would beat a lightly modded STi... especially from a roll. so please dont think i'm biased here.

however, how many carlengths was that? 10? you werent racing a base model civic here... somethings got to give. either he thought he could beat you in 6th gear at 40mph or your car isnt stock or he thought the brake pedal was the throttle or i dont know, but 300whp wouldnt go down that easily.

did you race a 2nd time? just doesnt seem right since you pulled about 6 lenghts on him in the first two seconds of the race...

bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

stock =

He was on the bottle
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    what the????

let me start by saying that i believe a stock Z06 would beat a lightly modded STi... especially from a roll. so please dont think i'm biased here.

however, how many carlengths was that? 10? you werent racing a base model civic here... somethings got to give. either he thought he could beat you in 6th gear at 40mph or your car isnt stock or he thought the brake pedal was the throttle or i dont know, but 300whp wouldnt go down that easily.

did you race a 2nd time? just doesnt seem right since you pulled about 6 lenghts on him in the first two seconds of the race...

bryan
    well according to him he hit it at the third beep as did I. Another fact is my buddies 300whp WRX started right behind me when the race started so you can obviously see that they are neck and neck. The guy paid in the end saying it was a fair race.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    stock =

He was on the bottle
    on the bottle??? you do realize this took place in connecticut.

nitrous + stock tires + 20 degree temps + 2nd gear = smoke show

alright you've got no reason to lie... guess i'll just have to find a Z06 to test these results in person. hopefully match my buddy's STi with turboback and tuned Hydra, but if it must be, then my VF34 WRX to see if i can hang within spitting distance.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    on the bottle??? you do realize this took place in connecticut.

nitrous + stock tires + 20 degree temps + 2nd gear = smoke show

you do realize your vid is called "My z06 on nitrous vs stage 2 sti"

anyways the Z is impressive but to put bus lengths on a stg 2 sti in stock form isnt very believable

Edit: youd prolly win by a car or two (the sti on race gas and all) or maybe he shut down
    Last edited by ScoobVee; 01-02-2006 at 12:04 AM.
    - Local Riceist

haha some are more observant than others. i didnt notice the title of the video until it was just pointed out to me... maybe you do have a reason to lie? waiting for an explanation here... maybe you meant to say that you told him it was stock and he was dumb enough to believe you...
    bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    you do realize your vid is called "My z06 on nitrous vs stage 2 sti"

anyways the Z is impressive but to put bus lengths on a stg 2 sti in stock form isnt very believable

Edit: youd prolly win by a car or two (the sti on race gas and all) or maybe he shut down

Nice Z btw.

Z06 Stock, traps between 116-118. I belive that he could pull easy from a strage 2 STI in stock form.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    haha some are more observant than others. i didnt notice the title of the video until it was just pointed out to me... maybe you do have a reason to lie? waiting for an explanation here... maybe you meant to say that you told him it was stock and he was dumb enough to believe you...
    bryan
    ding ding!

Dont rag on me with my lack of Corvette knowledge, but I raced an 02 Z06? I think it was the 375hp version (before they got the bump to 405). I think he had an exhaust. The point is I was neck and neck for a little, then he started pulling me in the higher gears.

I'm a stage 2 STi w/utec, helix catted and borla hush. 19.5 psi taper to 15 at redline running VERY conservative timing and very rich AFRs.

An 06 Z06 with the LS7 @ 505 hp will more than likely tear any true stage 2 STi a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    Dont rag on me with my lack of Corvette knowledge, but I raced an 02 Z06? I think it was the 375hp version (before they got the bump to 405). I think he had an exhaust. The point is I was neck and neck for a little, then he started pulling me in the higher gears.

I'm a stage 2 STi w/utec, helix catted and borla hush. 19.5 psi taper to 15 at redline running VERY conservative timing and very rich AFRs.

An 06 Z06 with the LS7 @ 505 hp will more than likely tear any true stage 2 STi a new one.
    It was not an 06' Z06 though. Yes, a C6 Z06 would rape a stageII STi over and over again like no tomorrow... but his is also an 02' Z06 and in the post above yours he just admitted that he was spraying.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast