Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

This is a discussion on Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxaddicted a race gas tuned stage 2 STi should have no problems hitting mid 12s with a ...

  1. #46
    Registered User garrettjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    a race gas tuned stage 2 STi should have no problems hitting mid 12s with a GOOD driver. I would think a race gas tuned STi would take a stock c5 z06 from a dig.
    Yes. I need to repeat this because it's worth mentioning. A STOCK STI can beat or closely match a Viper RT 10, C5 Z06 and a C6 Z06 to 50mph or so. This means from stoplight to stoplight the underpowered STI gives up nothing and can jump ahead with a good launch. Now after those speeds, the STI will get blown into the weeds . If there are any non-believers I can post the specs from Jan 06 Motor Trend. He should have raced the Z06 from a dig for a real driver's race. BTW I think Z06 Vettes are awesome and are a good benchmark of performance.
    Last edited by garrettjj; 01-04-2006 at 06:27 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User Digitalfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Yes. I need to repeat this because it's worth mentioning. A STOCK STI can beat or closely match a Viper RT 10, C5 Z06 and a C6 Z06 to 50mph or so. This means from stoplight to stoplight the underpowered STI gives up nothing and can jump ahead with a good launch. Now after those speeds, the STI will get blown into the weeds . If there are any non-believers I can post the specs from Jan 05 Motor Trend. He should have raced the Z06 from a dig for a real driver's race. BTW I think Z06 Vettes are awesome and are a good benchmark of performance.
    That assumes they aren't running drag radials or slicks. But yeah, on the street I could see that.
    2005 Aspen White STi

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Yes. I need to repeat this because it's worth mentioning. A STOCK STI can beat or closely match a Viper RT 10, C5 Z06 and a C6 Z06 to 50mph or so. This means from stoplight to stoplight the underpowered STI gives up nothing and can jump ahead with a good launch. Now after those speeds, the STI will get blown into the weeds . If there are any non-believers I can post the specs from Jan 05 Motor Trend. He should have raced the Z06 from a dig for a real driver's race. BTW I think Z06 Vettes are awesome and are a good benchmark of performance.
    I assume you mean on the street. On the strip, a c5/c6/viper on et streets would rip an sti out of the hole.
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

  5. #49
    Registered User garrettjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    I assume you mean on the street. On the strip, a c5/c6/viper on et streets would rip an sti out of the hole.
    Yeah, just comparing stock for stock. You EXPECT those cars to be faster, it's just rewarding to see that an STI can be competitive on some levels.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

  6. #50
    Registered User ScoobVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    hope he has a kenne bell or some nitrous to make it interesting
    The rear end of a Terminator really isn't that interesting
    - Local Riceist

  7. #51
    Registered User Wrinkleboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    3,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    I assume you mean on the street. On the strip, a c5/c6/viper on et streets would rip an sti out of the hole.
    and when you say rip, what do you mean exactly?

    -2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

    www.TriStateTuners.com

  8. #52
    Registered User rpfride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    575
    It only takes a Green on an STi to pull on most z06's or cobra's (stock or mildly moded). 1/4 mile times are pretty good for a green STi. Perrin or kingpins gt35R kit and = and to most cars.
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

  9. #53
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    and when you say rip, what do you mean exactly?
    He means exactly what you think. Those cars, on drag radials can get 60' times of 1.4, which is pretty nasty.

    Joe, I don't have a KB yet, actually I will probably go whipple or T76 turbo if I keep the car, but I have just the basics right now. I might actually trade for a Lightning because my clutch side kneecap is really screwed up and a lot nice pain runs through my leg with every shift. I actually almost got a Z06 but I decided to save a bunch of money and get an extrememly low-mileage Cobra for a nice price.

    Do you go to the pike often in the summer? I make it about once a month with friends. Maybe we can meet up there some time. I am usually with a bunch of subies and a Southpaw with his yellow C6 when I do go.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    He means exactly what you think. Those cars, on drag radials can get 60' times of 1.4, which is pretty nasty.

    Joe, I don't have a KB yet, actually I will probably go whipple or T76 turbo if I keep the car, but I have just the basics right now. I might actually trade for a Lightning because my clutch side kneecap is really screwed up and a lot nice pain runs through my leg with every shift. I actually almost got a Z06 but I decided to save a bunch of money and get an extrememly low-mileage Cobra for a nice price.

    Do you go to the pike often in the summer? I make it about once a month with friends. Maybe we can meet up there some time. I am usually with a bunch of subies and a Southpaw with his yellow C6 when I do go.
    ohh no ****, are you the one who raced southpaw that night at the pike when you were stock?? im down there alot - let me know sometime and we can meet up
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    and when you say rip, what do you mean exactly?
    its called et streets = 1.4s all day
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LaSalle
    Posts
    24
    nice kill,gotta love American V8 muscle.I dont know what a Green STI is or anything,but you do a pulley swap on a 03/04 cobra and you got yourself a monster.I played around with a pulleyed 04 cobra and that thing hauls.
    2004 GTO-black on black-M6

    mods-K&N Aircharger / SLP mass airflow sensor / Nitto 555 DR's /Stainless Works LT headers /Gravana ram air hood / NGK-TR55 plugs/Magnecor 8.5 wires/SLP Rear Sway Bar/SLP Loudmouth/Spec Stage 2 Clutch/GMM RipShift

    333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

  13. #57
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    ohh no ****, are you the one who raced southpaw that night at the pike when you were stock?? im down there alot - let me know sometime and we can meet up
    Yup that's me! LOL. I suck at racing, that is why I don't do it very much, but I am down to get together and run the cars if we find the right spot. I am ultra-paranoid about the po-po. But if we go to the spot where Tommy and I ran it will probably be good. We gotta get you a tommy to go at it too. I am probably the slowest out of the 3 of us with "just" 466 rwhp because I am so much heavier.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  14. #58
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by rynesgto
    nice kill,gotta love American V8 muscle.I dont know what a Green STI is or anything,but you do a pulley swap on a 03/04 cobra and you got yourself a monster.I played around with a pulleyed 04 cobra and that thing hauls.
    Green STi = FP(Forced Performance inc.) Green series turbo on and STi. While I do love my V8's and sometimes miss my 422rwhp IROC there is just something about smoking a bigger motor with a 2.0L..

    BTW I didn't get to see the video since it's expired now but I'm your made the guy pay up. Racing someone and telling them you are stock is funny and all but not for cash..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

  15. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Green STi = FP(Forced Performance inc.) Green series turbo on and STi. While I do love my V8's and sometimes miss my 422rwhp IROC there is just something about smoking a bigger motor with a 2.0L..

    BTW I didn't get to see the video since it's expired now but I'm your made the guy pay up. Racing someone and telling them you are stock is funny and all but not for cash..
    The guy was a moron. He thought the car had 300hp stock even though it has a 405 hp badge on it

    Even with my car stock I would of smoked him. Doesnt make a difference
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •