Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex It was not an 06' Z06 though. Yes, a C6 Z06 would rape a stageII ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It was not an 06' Z06 though. Yes, a C6 Z06 would rape a stageII STi over and over again like no tomorrow... but his is also an 02' Z06 and in the post above yours he just admitted that he was spraying.
    Never said I had the attention span to read a whole threa..

Hey! lets go ride bikes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see what is so hard to believe about this video. A 405hp 3000lb RWD car vs a 350hp 3400lb AWD car, starting from a 40mph roll...factor in that Joe (the Vette) sprayed to be sure (see the post over on ClubRSX for the full details) and it's no wonder the STi lost. I wouldn't even expect a stage 2 STi to hang with a non-spraying Z06 either (maybe from a dig.)
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    I don't see what is so hard to believe about this video. A 405hp 3000lb RWD car vs a 350hp 3400lb AWD car, starting from a 40mph roll...factor in that Joe (the Vette) sprayed to be sure (see the post over on ClubRSX for the full details) and it's no wonder the STi lost. I wouldn't even expect a stage 2 STi to hang with a non-spraying Z06 either (maybe from a dig.)
    1) It is not a 405hp 3,000lb car. It is a 2002 Z06 which means it is a 385hp 3,100lb car.

2) No one is arguing that a stock Z06 would beat a stage2 STi, they were just commenting on the stock Z06 beating it by like 10+ car lengths.

3) People were arguing that the Z06 was not stock, or the STI driver sucked. In this case, the Z06 was not stock and was spraying. The orginal posted lied about his mods. I dont think anyone here doubts that a spraying Z06 will do that type of damage to just a stage2 STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

1) It is not a 405hp 3,000lb car. It is a 2002 Z06 which means it is a 385hp 3,100lb car.

2) No one is arguing that a stock Z06 would beat a stage2 STi, they were just commenting on the stock Z06 beating it by like 10+ car lengths.

3) People were arguing that the Z06 was not stock, or the STI driver sucked. In this case, the Z06 was not stock and was spraying. The orginal posted lied about his mods. I dont think anyone here doubts that a spraying Z06 will do that type of damage to just a stage2 STi.
    405 HP for the 2002 Z06.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

1) Actually it is 405 hp.
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2002/z06.shtml I was incorrect on the weight (3118lbs.)

2) 10 car lengths seems perfectly reasonable for a 405hp V8 on the bottle. Even a stock Z06 can hit mid-12s in the 1/4 at 114-116mph which is WAY faster than a stage 2 STi. That could easily add up to 10 cars. Throw in an unknown size of nitrous and lord only knows what kind of increase you would be looking at.

3) nevermind
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 01-02-2006 at 03:38 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

the main thing that is being addressed here is that HE WAS USING NITROUS!!!2211 which he clearly lied about in the beginning.
    i definitely believe that a stock Z06 would take a stock STi from a roll... now lets assume he had a 100 shot (which is likely) verus the 50hp worth of exhaust/tuning on the STi. you're taking an already losing battle and handicapping it further.
    no one is disagreeing with the results of the video, but how incredibly lame is it to come on here pretty much as a guest representing Corvette owners and flat out lie for no reason?
    And get caught? hahaha... guess he didnt earn that beautiful automobile with his extraordinary intelligence level.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    the main thing that is being addressed here is that HE WAS USING NITROUS!!!2211 which he clearly lied about in the beginning.
    i definitely believe that a stock Z06 would take a stock STi from a roll... now lets assume he had a 100 shot (which is likely) verus the 50hp worth of exhaust/tuning on the STi. you're taking an already losing battle and handicapping it further.
    no one is disagreeing with the results of the video, but how incredibly lame is it to come on here pretty much as a guest representing Corvette owners and flat out lie for no reason?
    And get caught? hahaha... guess he didnt earn that beautiful automobile with his extraordinary intelligence level.
    bryan
    lol your an idiot. I came on here to see reactions and possibly get some people riled up over a little video. I posted a few posts down I was on nitrous so dont get all upset. The funniest representation was the sti owner who thought my car came from the factory with 300 hp :laughing:
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Would http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...01&postcount=7 be the post that you said you were on the bottle?

Man I can't wait to get my car out of storage, I'm going to race some echo's maybe some corolla's.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Would http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...01&postcount=7 be the post that you said you were on the bottle?

Man I can't wait to get my car out of storage, I'm going to race some echo's maybe some corolla's.
    lol i was being sarcastic. i named the damn video my z06 on nitrous vs sti. Did I think no one would realize?????

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    lol i was being sarcastic. i named the damn video my z06 on nitrous vs sti. Did I think no one would realize?????

My guess, Yes.

So w/o the nitrous it would have been what, seven cars? Jeeze people...
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

I cant wait for you to get your car out of storage so we can vids of you walking Z06's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah, maybe if they're broken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    lol your an idiot. I came on here to see reactions and possibly get some people riled up over a little video. I posted a few posts down I was on nitrous so dont get all upset. The funniest representation was the sti owner who thought my car came from the factory with 300 hp :laughing:

nice coverup, but i dont think anyone is buying it. oh, nice grammar too. just like i called it above... it definitely wasnt the brains that got him the car.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    nice coverup, but i dont think anyone is buying it. oh, nice grammar too. just like i called it above... it definitely wasnt the brains that got him the car.
    Nice coverup??? did you see the name of the video??? A little joke and video of a modded sti getting raped and everyone gets pissy. Get the sand out of your vag and just accept it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast