Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

This is a discussion on Stage 2 STI vs Stock Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex It was not an 06' Z06 though. Yes, a C6 Z06 would rape a stageII ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Tgui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It was not an 06' Z06 though. Yes, a C6 Z06 would rape a stageII STi over and over again like no tomorrow... but his is also an 02' Z06 and in the post above yours he just admitted that he was spraying.
    Never said I had the attention span to read a whole threa..

    Hey! lets go ride bikes!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Digitalfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343
    I don't see what is so hard to believe about this video. A 405hp 3000lb RWD car vs a 350hp 3400lb AWD car, starting from a 40mph roll...factor in that Joe (the Vette) sprayed to be sure (see the post over on ClubRSX for the full details) and it's no wonder the STi lost. I wouldn't even expect a stage 2 STi to hang with a non-spraying Z06 either (maybe from a dig.)
    2005 Aspen White STi

  4. #18
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    I don't see what is so hard to believe about this video. A 405hp 3000lb RWD car vs a 350hp 3400lb AWD car, starting from a 40mph roll...factor in that Joe (the Vette) sprayed to be sure (see the post over on ClubRSX for the full details) and it's no wonder the STi lost. I wouldn't even expect a stage 2 STi to hang with a non-spraying Z06 either (maybe from a dig.)
    1) It is not a 405hp 3,000lb car. It is a 2002 Z06 which means it is a 385hp 3,100lb car.

    2) No one is arguing that a stock Z06 would beat a stage2 STi, they were just commenting on the stock Z06 beating it by like 10+ car lengths.

    3) People were arguing that the Z06 was not stock, or the STI driver sucked. In this case, the Z06 was not stock and was spraying. The orginal posted lied about his mods. I dont think anyone here doubts that a spraying Z06 will do that type of damage to just a stage2 STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) It is not a 405hp 3,000lb car. It is a 2002 Z06 which means it is a 385hp 3,100lb car.

    2) No one is arguing that a stock Z06 would beat a stage2 STi, they were just commenting on the stock Z06 beating it by like 10+ car lengths.

    3) People were arguing that the Z06 was not stock, or the STI driver sucked. In this case, the Z06 was not stock and was spraying. The orginal posted lied about his mods. I dont think anyone here doubts that a spraying Z06 will do that type of damage to just a stage2 STi.
    405 HP for the 2002 Z06.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

  6. #20
    Registered User Digitalfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) It is not a 405hp 3,000lb car. It is a 2002 Z06 which means it is a 385hp 3,100lb car.

    2) No one is arguing that a stock Z06 would beat a stage2 STi, they were just commenting on the stock Z06 beating it by like 10+ car lengths.

    3) People were arguing that the Z06 was not stock, or the STI driver sucked. In this case, the Z06 was not stock and was spraying. The orginal posted lied about his mods. I dont think anyone here doubts that a spraying Z06 will do that type of damage to just a stage2 STi.
    1) Actually it is 405 hp.
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2002/z06.shtml I was incorrect on the weight (3118lbs.)

    2) 10 car lengths seems perfectly reasonable for a 405hp V8 on the bottle. Even a stock Z06 can hit mid-12s in the 1/4 at 114-116mph which is WAY faster than a stage 2 STi. That could easily add up to 10 cars. Throw in an unknown size of nitrous and lord only knows what kind of increase you would be looking at.

    3) nevermind
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 01-02-2006 at 03:38 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

  7. #21
    Registered User Wrinkleboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    3,331
    the main thing that is being addressed here is that HE WAS USING NITROUS!!!2211 which he clearly lied about in the beginning.
    i definitely believe that a stock Z06 would take a stock STi from a roll... now lets assume he had a 100 shot (which is likely) verus the 50hp worth of exhaust/tuning on the STi. you're taking an already losing battle and handicapping it further.
    no one is disagreeing with the results of the video, but how incredibly lame is it to come on here pretty much as a guest representing Corvette owners and flat out lie for no reason?
    And get caught? hahaha... guess he didnt earn that beautiful automobile with his extraordinary intelligence level.
    bryan

    -2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

    www.TriStateTuners.com

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    the main thing that is being addressed here is that HE WAS USING NITROUS!!!2211 which he clearly lied about in the beginning.
    i definitely believe that a stock Z06 would take a stock STi from a roll... now lets assume he had a 100 shot (which is likely) verus the 50hp worth of exhaust/tuning on the STi. you're taking an already losing battle and handicapping it further.
    no one is disagreeing with the results of the video, but how incredibly lame is it to come on here pretty much as a guest representing Corvette owners and flat out lie for no reason?
    And get caught? hahaha... guess he didnt earn that beautiful automobile with his extraordinary intelligence level.
    bryan
    lol your an idiot. I came on here to see reactions and possibly get some people riled up over a little video. I posted a few posts down I was on nitrous so dont get all upset. The funniest representation was the sti owner who thought my car came from the factory with 300 hp :laughing:
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

  9. #23
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,927
    Would http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...01&postcount=7 be the post that you said you were on the bottle?


    Man I can't wait to get my car out of storage, I'm going to race some echo's maybe some corolla's.

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Would http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...01&postcount=7 be the post that you said you were on the bottle?


    Man I can't wait to get my car out of storage, I'm going to race some echo's maybe some corolla's.
    lol i was being sarcastic. i named the damn video my z06 on nitrous vs sti. Did I think no one would realize?????
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

  11. #25
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    lol i was being sarcastic. i named the damn video my z06 on nitrous vs sti. Did I think no one would realize?????

    My guess, Yes.

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    89
    So w/o the nitrous it would have been what, seven cars? Jeeze people...
    04 Silver STi M6

  13. #27
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH


    Man I can't wait to get my car out of storage, I'm going to race some echo's maybe some corolla's.

    I cant wait for you to get your car out of storage so we can vids of you walking Z06's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  14. #28
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,927
    Yeah, maybe if they're broken down.

  15. #29
    Registered User Wrinkleboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    3,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    lol your an idiot. I came on here to see reactions and possibly get some people riled up over a little video. I posted a few posts down I was on nitrous so dont get all upset. The funniest representation was the sti owner who thought my car came from the factory with 300 hp :laughing:

    nice coverup, but i dont think anyone is buying it. oh, nice grammar too. just like i called it above... it definitely wasnt the brains that got him the car.

    -2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

    www.TriStateTuners.com

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    nice coverup, but i dont think anyone is buying it. oh, nice grammar too. just like i called it above... it definitely wasnt the brains that got him the car.
    Nice coverup??? did you see the name of the video??? A little joke and video of a modded sti getting raped and everyone gets pissy. Get the sand out of your vag and just accept it
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •