'04 Stage II STi vs BEAUTIFUL Lotus Elise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on '04 Stage II STi vs BEAUTIFUL Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im a stage II STi, he had a beaultiful shiney black Elise with black tint. We got two decent runs ...

'04 Stage II STi vs BEAUTIFUL Lotus Elise

Im a stage II STi, he had a beaultiful shiney black Elise with black tint. We got two decent runs in, first we started next to each other and I pulled pretty stong the entire time, put a few cars on him. Second race he got the headstart from behind me then when he passed I got on it, I caught up to his speed pretty quickly then just got off the gas. Both races went from 60-120 about.

His car was really hot, I have to get one someday.

PS: sorry the stories are anti-climactic :shrug:
    Last edited by Padge; 12-30-2005 at 02:03 PM.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good run

any idea on their specs? 1/4?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

13.5 @ 102.9. .

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...8_first_lotus/

Not surprising though, those things aren't meant to stay straight. I've yet to see one up close.

thank you...

i felt like I was driving an SUV when I was driving behind him
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Nice kill!

Another roadtest of the Elise was done in the March, 05 issue of Road & Track. They saw:

0-60mph 4.6
    1/4 mile 13.3 @ 103.1mph

Those are some amazing cars!

hey, long time no talk. those elises rock.. quick enough in a straight line and not to be messed with in the twisties. you should post this up on TST and maybe see if you can find out who it is... worth a shot. anyways, happy new year, see you around.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I knew they handled good, but I didn't realize they were that quick. Guess it's all about power to weight.... so I guess if I put my fat ass in one, it would slow it down a few clicks

The Elise is an excellent performer, and undoubtedly a bargain for the performance, but I hate the way they look. They just look "cheap" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    hey, long time no talk. those elises rock.. quick enough in a straight line and not to be messed with in the twisties. you should post this up on TST and maybe see if you can find out who it is... worth a shot. anyways, happy new year, see you around.
    bryan
    hey bryan... just posted it up over on TST. Happy New Year!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Saw 2 of these at autox this year a few times very nice car, but doesn't do so well in superstock.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Saw 2 of these at autox this year a few times very nice car, but doesn't do so well in superstock.
    There was a silver Lotus that competed with my local SCCA chapter in Solo II autox. The owner was an above-average driver, and he seemed to hold his own in SS against several strong drivers in Z06's. I'm not sure how the Elise's did at Nationals, but I was very impressed with what I saw...

Here are a few pics I snapped:

[QUOTE=Chiketkd]There was a silver Lotus that competed with my local SCCA chapter in Solo II autox. The owner was an above-average driver, and he seemed to hold his own in SS against several strong drivers in Z06's. I'm not sure how the Elise's did at Nationals, but I was very impressed with what I saw...

The top drivers at nationals are still working on their setups for the elise, and apparently have not quite perfected them. The LSD was an option on the 05 model, but it seems none of the US cars were equipped with it. However, since it is technically a factory option, owners are now beginning to install them, and of course, compete legally in SS. I believe that the 06 model which has incurred several changes, comes with LSD standard. But in any case, once the top drivers become better acclimated with the car and test out different setups..... it will be a sad day for Corvette and Porsche owners, methinks. They really are impressive little cars.
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/elise-.../forcedfed.htm
    ...if you're interested in a seriously fast Elise, one that can run past a Z06 on the straights, then consider the ForcedFed Stage 1 Turbo Kit.
    Horsepower: 275
    Torque: 200
    0-60mph 4.0 seconds
    0-100mph 8.8 seconds
    mile 12.3 seconds @113mph
    Top Speed 160mph
    You're lucky it wasn't one of these. The shop I go to is one of ForceFeds's installers.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/elise-.../forcedfed.htm

You're lucky it wasn't one of these. The shop I go to is one of ForceFeds's installers.
    I can only imagine how good that motor sounds when it's coming into boost on that almost exhaustless car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast