Leg St 2 v stock??? STi?

This is a discussion on Leg St 2 v stock??? STi? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to know who the blue STi I ran with (or away from) on 276 heading west last Thursday? ...

I Support ClubWRX

Leg St 2 v stock??? STi?

Just wanted to know who the blue STi I ran with (or away from) on 276 heading west last Thursday? I saw you come up, I nailed it, pulled away, let off and waited. You came up again. I waited to be sure and you parked your nose right on my tail. A 4th gear pull and I walked away a few car lengths up to just after shifting into 5th. Obviously stock STi, but man.....you gave me a very nice early xmas present. It was WRB in color...thats all I know since I lost track maneuvering to get onto 202 South by the KOP mall.

Just curious.........
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh dude. i didn't know you sold the sti.

i'm in a GT too now. i'm loving it, but i miss the handling...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, me too...but not getting bounced around. Since it's my everyday driver, and I put a lot of miles on, the LGT makes more sence. Plus, with a stage 2 tossed in, it's no slouch in the speed department. I actually like the seats a lot better than the STi. The STi are just way too wide.

Pads, lines, fluids, struts, springs, manifold, VF39, STi TMIC are in my near future. Got a perin UP, Cobb DP with HF Cat, stock catback, and STi short throw with SPT bushings for now. I haven't regretted the trade once to be honest....and I don't miss all the ricers reving at me at all!!!

Heres a few pics with my winter setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_1392.JPG   DCP_1393.JPG  
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 12-29-2005 at 12:31 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Great colour choice...
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Great colour choice...
    Are you british, canadian or australian? Just noted the spelling of the word color <sic>.

Pearl Satin White is nice though...lots of blue, yellow, and green flakes in it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Are you british, canadian or australian? Just noted the spelling of the word color <sic>.

Pearl Satin White is nice though...lots of blue, yellow, and green flakes in it.
    I would be your friendly neighbour to the north...
    2005 Aspen White STi

Heres a few pics with my winter setup.
    YB, are those the ASA JH3's? If not, they look very similar which is what I am currently using for the winter as well (w/ Dunlop WS M3's). Couldn't beat the price.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

good run.

Are there any solid numbers for what people are getting with stage2 setup and stage4 setup (VF39 or VF34) in regards to both whp numbers and 1/4mile times?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Perhaps the most impressive figures come from the cars with the least mods. There's a car with a full turbo-back exhaust and tune, nothing else, that ran 12.70s. The first guy with a FMIC kit for the LGT ran 13.10s or so with that as his only mod. 300+ wtq is common to see. The stock turbo isn't as bad as I thought, though I'll be much happier with a FP Green under the hood.

If we can just get somebody to make a decent clutch that'll hold on this car (pull style clutch like the 2.5 RS) we'll be rockin'.

After more than a year with this car, I don't regret my choice one bit. It's made me a true Subaru convert -- something I never would have believed if you'd told me 2-3 years ago.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good run.

Are there any solid numbers for what people are getting with stage2 setup and stage4 setup (VF39 or VF34) in regards to both whp numbers and 1/4mile times?
    The numbers are across the board due to the inconsistent clutch action. I'll probably run it for the first time this spring, but I'm a bit afraid of toasting the clutch. I know I'm putting out more than 300 ftlbs to the wheels, so a clutch is in my future after turbo upgrades.

After the SVT (great ride, no manual shifter) WRX (not enough power or sophisticated suspension) and STi (too rough for an everyday driver) I think I've found the perfect medium in the Legacy. Plus...it's stealthy, so the po-po leave me alone...along with the ricers.

I wish the guy in the STi would post here...I want to find out who it is and maybe arrange for a get together.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

The numbers are across the board due to the inconsistent clutch action. I'll probably run it for the first time this spring, but I'm a bit afraid of toasting the clutch. I know I'm putting out more than 300 ftlbs to the wheels, so a clutch is in my future after turbo upgrades.

After the SVT (great ride, no manual shifter) WRX (not enough power or sophisticated suspension) and STi (too rough for an everyday driver) I think I've found the perfect medium in the Legacy. Plus...it's stealthy, so the po-po leave me alone...along with the ricers.

I wish the guy in the STi would post here...I want to find out who it is and maybe arrange for a get together.

I'm also very interested in a lgt. what mods to you have to see over 300 ftls at the wheel? your profile says none.

Okay. i see the tittle now, lol. stage II LGT. is that Cobb stage 2?

T

After the SVT (great ride, no manual shifter) .
    Ford SVT vehicle? There has never been a SVT made besides the Lightning that was an automatic.... Did you have a lightning? =-P

P.s. Nice car. I'm also anxious to see some numbers on her.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_Guy
    Ford SVT vehicle? There has never been a SVT made besides the Lightning that was an automatic.... Did you have a lightning? =-P

P.s. Nice car. I'm also anxious to see some numbers on her.
    Good catch. Actually, I did own a Lightning too. Special dual stage switched chip by Paul's Performance Tuning in Jackson MI (one of the first). That ride was a torque monster!!! One winter was all that took to sell it. No traction whatsover.

I meant to type SVX....and my fingers overrode my mind as is often the case when I type..

The rims are ASA JH3 in silver metallic. They are holdovers from my STi and fit perfect on the LGT...give it a much broader stance. It's wierd, by my winter rims are better than my current stockers

My setup is:
    Perrin UP
    Cobb DP with HF Cat
    Stock catback
    High flow air filter
    Air box resonator delete
    Cobb Stage 2 AP.

It definitely pulls harder than a stock STi, but a stock STi would murder me in the corners. I'll tighten it up a bit in the near future, but not to STi levels as that was why I traded it in...the ride just got too harsh for me on the PA/NJ/NY roads I drive.

FYI...my current kill list includes:
    E46 M3
    05 Mustang GT (the new body style)
    3.5 Altima with Nismo upgrades
    05 Maxima
    05 Lexus 4 series something
    A couple of WRXs...modded and stock
    Cobalt SSC
    SRT 4 (assuming it was stock)
    STi (assuming it was stock)
    A number of modified Hondas (ok...they were loud at least)

Been toasted by:
    05 GTO
    05 C6
    04 STi Cobb stage 2
    03 WRX (modified but no clue with what..but it was fast)
    03 Mustang Cobra
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!