Mazdaspeed 6 > WRX - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 > WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX If you're not going to own up to what you posted about us on brotspec, that's ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    If you're not going to own up to what you posted about us on brotspec, that's fine. Here's the direct quote:

Another member here sent me a link to your post over there, because he was surprised at the rancorous tone of it all, and the fact that it's well-remembered that you have done as many worthless posts here as anyone.

It's funny, really...I can remember a time when you made a quadruple post, saying "I"--"AM"--"A"--"POSTWH0RE!!" and nothing else. 3 of those posts weren't even up to 5 characters.

As to your misery; it's true that I was making an assumption based on the fact that most people who complain like you do are indeed miserable. Every time you post these days, I picture a scowl on your face; it just doesn't seem like you're in a very happy place, at least not online. My apologies if I am in error, but I am not alone in my perception of your negativity. Hey, I'll leave your "misery" or "happiness" as none of my business...I was just trying to talk to you as a friend rather than an enemy..

I went ahead and posted it to the thread because I felt that some of these things needed to be said on the open forum.

I would like you to please show me where I ever stated that I was any less of a post wh0re than anyone else.... Hell, for a while I was the king post wh0re around here. I really fail to see where my comment about you guys posting one word posts for pages and pages at a time is insulting, judgemental or seen is negative criticism (all of which you seem to believe it is). I am sorry if you took such tremendous offense to that statement, that was not my intention, nor was my intention to be secretively trash talking, considering I am aware you both have access to forum where that was said.

I am not sure if you assume I have some legitiment beef with you or something, but I can assure that there is nothing of the sort going on. In fact, I fail to see where I was ever negative to you other than harmless joking around and that comment from the 'spec which you obviously took great offense to.
    Perhaps I am just as much of a culprit as the rest for meaningless posts, and I am just now finding out how annoying I might have been in the past to others when you see a thread with direction go off on a complete tangent of 3 pages worth of 2 word joke posts or smilies within an hour.
    Again, I do not place myself upon some pedestal, and will not refrain from admitting guilt to creating a fair share of meaningless posts in my day.
    I am terribly sorry if you took such offense to my posts as of late, or the one you read on the 'spec, as I hope you know, and as I have said, it was not intended to be a flame and I have no problem with you personally nor most of the members here.

As for your ill conceived assumptions of my current state of happiness... I am sorry, but I cannot help but to laugh at that. I find it absolutely amazing how an intelligent and logical man such as yourself can sit there and dictate peoples emotions and state of misery of depression off of some posts on the internet
    I can assure you I do not roam clubwrx with a scowl face, roid rage, and foam at the mouth while I listen to music and cry about my apparent misery, lol.

Either way, I dont know why you are making this so dramatic. You speak with the words of "friend" and "enemy". I was not aware that those words had been attributed to what is going on. I certainly have no problem with you, and I would hope you have no problem with me. While the term "friend" cannot be properly used over the internet IMO, if you had considered us internet friends prior to the events of late, I see no reason why that has to change and why all this animosity is flying around between members here. If anyone is angry, upset, and depressed it is a bulk of others around here that hold so much animosity and are just waiting to throw it around at others.

Again, I never meant to offend. And to be honest, this all WAY WAY WAY too much fcking drama for a fcking car enthusiest internet forum. I feel like I am in a relationship or some **** here, lol.
    Lets just all chill and respect one another and have a good freaking time!

But even still, if you feel the need to address me personally or continue the argument you can do so over PM or hit me up on AIM @ carpetdweller21
    Last edited by DTR rex; 12-30-2005 at 09:30 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

........um, simmer down people.

Back to the original reason for this post. I took a look at the MazdaSpeed6 last night on their website. Fit and finish looks good, not digging the wheels, hate the hood. It looks promising. A test drive is definately in order if one is comtemplating buy it. However, to me, it hasn't proved itself yet either. So I would say that the jury is still out for a while. Lets see what the reviews are after the first year. How many recalls will there be (if any), how reliable is the AWD system?
    What about aftermarket? With such a limited number being made, I can only guess that whatever aftermarket is going to be expensive. For me, I will wait this one out and see if the MazdaSpeed6 plays out how it promises to on paper, or if its just a lemon.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

The thing I really dont like about the MS6 is that the regular mazda6 with factory aero kit looks sportier. The only thing making the MS6 sportier exterior wise is the raised hood.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would love to get my hands on an MS6. I love mazda handling and the dynamics of their cars are some of the best in the business. When I'm done with my wrx, the MS6 is one of the cars I'll definitely look into, along with the LGT, FXT, and 330xi.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by le wagon
    i hate how everyone always compares other cars to the WRX but not the STI... sti would kill a mazdaspeed 6.
    Mazda made it clear in their press statements many a time that the MazdaSpeed 6 is not a competitor for the STi or the Evo. I'm sure they realize that the STi and the Evo are way out of its league. Comparing the MazdaSpeed 6 with the Legacy 2.5 GT would be more of a legitimate comparison.

I Support ClubWRX
    I poked around, looking at the car online a bit last night. I like the simple, clean look of the MSP6, and the fact that it's not been overdone with aero and big wings. One interesting tidbit that I found was that it doesn't come standard with leather seats. (While the WRX LTD, and the Legacy GT in roughly the same price range does) Of course, some may not even want leather. I got that from the standard equipment listing at KBB, and don't know how accurate it is.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-31-2005 at 05:35 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I poked around, looking at the car online a bit last night. I like the simple, clean look of the MSP6, and the fact that it's not been overdone with aero and big wings. One interesting tidbit that I found was that it doesn't come standard with leather seats. (While the WRX LTD, and the Legacy GT in roughly the same price range does) Of course, some may not even want leather. I got that from the standard equipment listing at KBB, and don't know how accurate it is.
    I don't really like the way the MazdaSpeed 6 looks as much as I like the looks of the standard V6 model. I much prefer the wheels on the other model, as well as the rear wing. I'm just not sold on the looks of the "power buldge" hood either. Undoubtedly though, a nice car.

test drove one yesterday while getting my oil changed...

i'll break this down a little bit:

steering: quicker, more responsive than WRX. i checked numbers just to make sure, and at 2.8 turns lock to lock, it is quicker than WRX.

acceleration: on paper, it's a little faster than WRX, but you don't get any of that turbo whOoSh....you don't get turbo lag either, but i like how at 3000rpm the WRX sends you back in your seat.

braking: easily better than WRX, although keep in mind i never tried the 06's brakes.

handling: a little more grip and a lot less body roll in the Mazda, but Mazda's ride is way too harsh in comparison.

transmission: umm mazda's tranny's have always been excellent, and this 6 speed is no different.

"character": WRX all the way. more soul, more personality. in fact, the WRX gets my pick simply because of this fact. boxer rumble, built like a tank, frameless windows, the clickety clank of the powertrain...the whole package adds up quite nicely.

i think Mazda hit the nail on the head with this one, because it splits performance *and* price b/w the WRX and STi...good car, but i'd still hit the 'Rex.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I read the article. They compared a MS6 to a Legacy Spec B. Not a WRX. O-60 was 5.8 for MS6 and 5.4 for Spec B. The road course the MS6 was alittle faster and it braked a tad better. But Motor Trend choose the Spec B as the better car. MS6 doesn't compare to a WRX because its a more expensive car. It starts at 28k over 30k with leather. Same could be said that the spec b doesn't really compare either because its 34K.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude
    The power of opinion. You gotta love it.
    So I took it you test drove it? You totally failed to mention the 'joy factor'. Sure, I know that there are cars out there that put down/run better numbers than the WRX, but the ultimate measure is the JOY FACTOR. How did you FEEL in it?
    That's one of the very reasons why I still own my 03 wagon....EVERY SINGLE DAY I jump into that toy, I FEEL good.
    (jumping into a ford, i'd be afraid it would snap)

And that is the whole point. Otherwise, we should all be driving copies of the same car.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

- Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    Ray, you're a bugeyed owner of yore, and so was i. i see where you're coming from because when we bought them, sunroofs, leather, heated mirrors/seats, and lazy-boy seats weren't even offered. however, people are buying WRX's with those amenities these days, and can easily pay $26K OTD.

you could pay $5 - $6K more for an STi for outstanding performance, a ridiculous wing, and much less daily driveability, and none of the amenities you originally wanted.

or, you could pay $2 - $3K more for the 6, with all the amenities, plus a much better 6 speed, same amount of daily driveability, more room, better performance, and more mature styling that won't attract cops.

i guess after thinking laying it out in front of you guys, the msp 6 is just bridging the gap b/w the WRX and STi. i'd still hit it over a WRX and it's 50/50 with the STi.

Called a local Mazda dealer and they made the Mazdaspeed 6 look like a Ferrari

My quote; 31,500. They didnt even have one but the salesman was like

" These are great cars and are changing the market, but they are expensive"

He then said that there is no compairison to the speed and AWD that the Speed 6 offers

thats when I hung up.

He also said they are not out yer? I thought they already came out?

I think that the 06 WRX can hold it's own against the Speed 6.

I found this review on MSN.

WRX

0 to 60

1/4

14.11 @ 98.80

I ran my 06 at the track and I ran between 14.00 @ 99 MPH to 13.8 @ 98 MPH
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I ran my 06 at the track and I ran between 14.00 @ 99 MPH to 13.8 @ 98 MPH
    Are you stock? If so, those are some good runs!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Are you stock? If so, those are some good runs!
    Bone Stock!!! Consistant 1.89 60 ft times.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold