Mazdaspeed 6 > WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 226

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 > WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH OK, I'll remember to pass out a reacharound next time....

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    OK, I'll remember to pass out a reacharound next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    Ray, you're a bugeyed owner of yore, and so was i. i see where you're coming from because when we bought them, sunroofs, leather, heated mirrors/seats, and lazy-boy seats weren't even offered. however, people are buying WRX's with those amenities these days, and can easily pay $26K OTD.

    you could pay $5 - $6K more for an STi for outstanding performance, a ridiculous wing, and much less daily driveability, and none of the amenities you originally wanted.

    or, you could pay $2 - $3K more for the 6, with all the amenities, plus a much better 6 speed, same amount of daily driveability, more room, better performance, and more mature styling that won't attract cops.

    i guess after thinking laying it out in front of you guys, the msp 6 is just bridging the gap b/w the WRX and STi. i'd still hit it over a WRX and it's 50/50 with the STi.
    As I said, I like the car. I can see where it would be appealling to you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  4. #48
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I read the first few posts and then just gave up on the thread because I didn't want to read responses from a bunch of children crying about what car is faster, and what car sounds better, etc...
    Donnie, you should try giving folks a chance once in a while. If you'd actually read the posts, instead of making all sorts of negative assumptions about people, you'd see that most of the posts were pretty thoughtful, many gave the MS6 kudos, etc.

    Lighten up, fella...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  5. #49
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    To me the MS6's dash looks cheap. I've had maybe a dozen turbo cars in the past 15 years. Before the LGT was released I never thought I'd own a Subaru, much less sell my Stealth to get one, but here I am.

    Fun to drive? This thing has it down. It's got all the options I'd want (and I'm building a carputer so I don't miss OEM NAV) and it's plenty quick enough. It'll be modded more soon. There are people with just a full exhaust & tune that are running 12.70s (stock turbo) so the LGT's powertrain is ready to make real power easily. I'll be finished when mine's packing a FP Green, FMIC, and the little supporting mods that go with it.

    Contrast that to the MS6 where the TMIC gets overheated after a few hot runs thanks to their insistence on not having a hood scoop. If they were so adamant on the hood appearance they should have used a front or fenderwell IC like everybody else has since the 1980s. A TMIC with crappy ducting just doesn't do the job.

    All the LGT needs to be a knockout winner is an overdrive 6th gear -- and not the box from the STi. Sedans shouldn't be buzzing at almost 4k rpm at 90 mph. That's a normal interstate speed around here and I hate being over halfway to redline at that point. GIve us a deep 6th for cruising and it'll be done.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  6. #50
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Donnie, you should try giving folks a chance once in a while. If you'd actually read the posts, instead of making all sorts of negative assumptions about people, you'd see that most of the posts were pretty thoughtful, many gave the MS6 kudos, etc.

    Lighten up, fella...
    My assumption was based off of the first 10 or so posts which more or less fulfilled my assumption of the general attitude portrayed... and just for you I did read the rest of the thread just to give the benefit of the doubt, and I wouldn't say I would very far off in my original assumption. I dont know why everyone is always trying to compare and say well this car is faster to 60 and this car is faster from a roll, and this car costs 5k more, etc... etc....

    If people try, I think that it might be quite possible to discuss another car on this forum without saying how much it sucks in comparision to the wrx or STi... Credit needs to be given where it is due, and regardless of how it compares to the car that some may hold on a pedestal.

    Either way,
    I expected big things from the MS6, but two different guys on the maxima forums test drove it and had pretty poor things to say about it... So I am going to try and get into a dealership relatively soon and test drive one for myself to see if this car is all hype, or actualy has solid things for offer for the price. I will certainly have a review when if/when I get around to it
    Last edited by DTR rex; 12-30-2005 at 02:01 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #51
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by John M

    All the LGT needs to be a knockout winner is an overdrive 6th gear
    That would certainly help, but IMO a few more things that need to be upgraded for it to be a "knockout winner" would be a bigger brakes and a better handling suspension/better steering from the factory. Also, while it is rather powerful compared to the competition I few more ponies that would stick it consistantly in the high 13's stock wouldn't be half bad either
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #52
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    My assumption was based off of the first 10 or so posts which more or less fulfilled my assumption of the general attitude portrayed... and just for you I did read the rest of the thread just to give the benefit of the doubt, and I wouldn't say I would very far off in my original assumption. I dont know why everyone is always trying to compare and say well this car is faster to 60 and this car is faster from a roll, and this car costs 5k more, etc... etc....

    If people try, I think that it might be quite possible to discuss another car on this forum without saying how much it sucks in comparision to the wrx or STi... Credit needs to be given where it is due, and regardless of how it compares to the car that some may hold on a pedestal.
    I don't know what thread you read, but I don't think it was the same as this one. There are exactly zero references to going 0-60, or going from a roll. Yeah, we talked price, because it's relevant.

    In your "first 10 horrible posts", Jordon, me, Andrew, downxsh1ft, all said that we liked the car. There were some comments about what price category the car is in, which is important, since we all have to buy cars with money. The rest of the thread pretty much flowed in the same vein.

    Sure, there've been a couple of jokes thrown in. Once upon a time, you had a sense of humor, too.

    Every post you make is an exercise in bitterness and criticism, these days. With all due respect, you used to make posts that were far more worthless than what you're talking about here, and we all had a good time with it. Most of us here are still having fun. Face it; we're not all going to start talking about exactly what you want just because you come on here and snap at everyone.

    All of these judgements you carry around, judgements about me, Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general are just causing you misery. You could back off and learn to have fun here again. That's all I'm saying.

    Sorry for the hijack. If this dialogue continues, I'll take it to PM.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-30-2005 at 07:06 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  9. #53
    Registered User PolarisSnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    All of these judgements you carry around, judgements about me, Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general are just causing you misery.
    Uhh Ray, I believe thats Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general, and I....

    Anywho, the MS6 looks like a wonderful car for the money, Ill have to check it out.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

    "Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    lake county, IL
    Posts
    28
    For $30k, I rather buy STi or Evo.

  11. #55
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I don't know what thread you read, but I don't think it was the same as this one. There are exactly zero references to going 0-60, or going from a roll. Yeah, we talked price, because it's relevant.

    In your "first 10 horrible posts", Jordon, me, Andrew, downxsh1ft, all said that we liked the car. There were some comments about what price category the car is in, which is important, since we all have to buy cars with money. The rest of the thread pretty much flowed in the same vein.

    Sure, there've been a couple of jokes thrown in. Once upon a time, you had a sense of humor, too.

    Every post you make is an exercise in bitterness and criticism, these days. With all due respect, you used to make posts that were far more worthless than what you're talking about here, and we all had a good time with it. Most of us here are still having fun. Face it; we're not all going to start talking about exactly what you want just because you come on here and snap at everyone.

    All of these judgements you carry around, judgements about me, Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general are just causing you misery. You could back off and learn to have fun here again. That's all I'm saying.

    Sorry for the hijack. If this dialogue continues, I'll take it to PM.


    The Rex could NOT win from a roll in this case. It traps 0.7mph slower.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  12. #56
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96


    The Rex could NOT win from a roll in this case. It traps 0.7mph slower.
    I'm sorry to embarrass you again, but the Rex has a clear 1.2mph advantage from 51.7mph to 63.2mph clearly giving it the win. Stop digging your hole deeper.

  13. #57
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX

    Every post you make is an exercise in bitterness and criticism, these days. With all due respect, you used to make posts that were far more worthless than what you're talking about here, and we all had a good time with it. Most of us here are still having fun. Face it; we're not all going to start talking about exactly what you want just because you come on here and snap at everyone.

    All of these judgements you carry around, judgements about me, Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general are just causing you misery. You could back off and learn to have fun here again. That's all I'm saying.

    .
    Ray, I would appreciate it if you didn't make ill conceived assumption of what causes me misery and what judgements I carry around. I am not sure if I find it funny or absolutely retarded that you deem yourself to be in such a place to tell me what causes me misery on damn internet forum and what judgements I tend to carry around with me as of late, when it is rather apparent you have little foundation to stand on with this assumptions and accusations.
    Since when do I criticize you and Andrew? I never recall making criticizing remarks and judgements about either of you, so where you spawned that thought is beyond me. Of course I have my comment about this place though, as does everyone.... What I find strange, is that you take the time to tell this to me, yet most negative remarks I have made about this place have been on another forum, and every argument I have made against this place has been a well thought out and educated statement as opposed to just ranting and b!tiching.

    As for me snapping, perhaps those "snaps" pertain more to the influx of noobs giving bad information or playing an ill conceived bias to subjects at which their knowledge is relatively limited at....

    Now if you would like to further continue a discussion of what causes me misery and about the judgments you are so well aware of that I carry around with me I would encourage you to do so over a PM or Email. You know where to reach me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  14. #58
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Ray, I would appreciate it if you didn't make ill conceived assumption of what causes me misery and what judgements I carry around. I am not sure if I find it funny or absolutely retar...........snip the rest of the negativity and bitterness....
    If you're not going to own up to what you posted about us on brotspec, that's fine. Here's the direct quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    You post in a thread (whatever the subject might be) and then you look at it again the next morning or a few hours later and there are 2 more pages of trainrex and rayfield making stupid 5character posts about absolutely nothing..
    Another member here sent me a link to your post over there, because he was surprised at the rancorous tone of it all, and the fact that it's well-remembered that you have done as many worthless posts here as anyone.

    It's funny, really...I can remember a time when you made a quadruple post, saying "I"--"AM"--"A"--"POSTWH0RE!!" and nothing else. 3 of those posts weren't even up to 5 characters.

    As to your misery; it's true that I was making an assumption based on the fact that most people who complain like you do are indeed miserable. Every time you post these days, I picture a scowl on your face; it just doesn't seem like you're in a very happy place, at least not online. My apologies if I am in error, but I am not alone in my perception of your negativity. Hey, I'll leave your "misery" or "happiness" as none of my business...I was just trying to talk to you as a friend rather than an enemy..

    I went ahead and posted it to the thread because I felt that some of these things needed to be said on the open forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  15. #59
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    I do wish Subaru would quit "protecting" the STi by not putting the 2.5 into the Legacy and Forester in full 300hp trim. If you're in the market for either of those you're really not an STi customer so what would it hurt?

    Yeah, they can release it in another 2-3 years instead of an all-new model but by then public sentiment will be set. At that point a slightly hotter version of an already-then-overlooked model won't help them at all.

    BMW has figured out that AWD is worthwhile. Lexus has too, except they stupidly limit it to their v6 model only. Volvo and Audi have some nice high hp AWD sedans but they've got high price tags to go with them. Subaru is the only company that understands people want a reasonably-priced car that's AWD with respectable horsepower to go with it.

    MazdaFord wanted to give it a try with the same recipe but I just don't think it turned out better than what's already on the market from Subaru.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  16. #60
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    Uhh Ray, I believe thats Andrew, Speedette, ClubWRX in general, and I....
    I was grammar0wned!!!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •