06 WRX vs. Mustang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs. Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was some kind of mustang, South Dakota license plates. (I live in NY) Judging by the body style, it ...

06 WRX vs. Mustang

It was some kind of mustang, South Dakota license plates. (I live in NY)

Judging by the body style, it was like an 03 or so. It didn't have a dual exhaust but it was suprisingly fast.

So I line up with this guy, he's stuck behind someone but I'm not. The car was full of dudes with popped collars and hats halfway off their heads.. 3 of them..driver has the classic "arm sideways up on the steering wheel cuz I look cool but have no control over the car" position. Just a buncha punks with a car Daddy bought them, probably.

So the light turns and I pull up, give him room to get around his car.. So he comes up and we roll in 2nd gear... this was about 2 weeks ago so the details are kinda blurry. I took him by like 4 cars or something in 2nd, then I slowed down for a curve. He blows by me, so I followed him, hoping to catch a light.

So we went down this other road, which has a little more than 1/4 mile and then a left turn you should take at about 60 or less if you're being safe. The roads also had some slush on them in certain areas from the recent snowfall.

So he starts flooring it right as we go around the corner...so I take off..pass him and take it to 100 MPH and get on the brakes before the corner.

He attempts a ricer flyby, tries to slow down for the corner, starts oversteering, overcorrects and goes DIRECTLY into this bridge support which was made out of boulders cemented together. From what I saw, the front drivers side corner was just completely destroyed. I watched him own his car, and drove right by.

I've been in this situation before, where someone wrecked their car while racing me. I know if I stuck around in my WRX the cops would know we were racing...

So I basically took off. **** em.... they weren't going fast enough to be dead, and hit a wall not something like a pole. Serves em right for trying to do a ricer flyby with a curve right there, in a RWD car they obviously couldn't control. When I went back later, there was no sign of it at all. The police were probly already on their way, so I went home.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 12-27-2005 at 01:39 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

holy crap... =x

nice kill

Nice of you to stop and see if they were OK......Unbelieveable......

Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    Nice of you to stop and see if they were OK......Unbelieveable......
    Seriously...nice of him to put his own phantom problems ahead of someone elses possible life threatening injuries. Classy.

I wouldn't have stopped. If you can't control the car you're trying to race me in, It's not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I wouldn't have stopped. If you can't control the car you're trying to race me in, It's not my problem.
    Just. Wow. Someone's life is a liiiiiiiitle more important than that, me thinks...

Do you walk by old ladies who fall down on the sidewalk too?

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Just. Wow. Someone's life is a liiiiiiiitle more important than that, me thinks...

Do you walk by old ladies who fall down on the sidewalk too?

If I trip them I walk by them.

"I've fallen and I CAnnnnn't get up!!!!" </life alert>

It's street racing... so anything goes. It's wasn't the brightest idea to begin with, but that's reality. You take responsibility of your own action.

But you should've stopped and asked if they're ok, even if you didn't have to step out of the car. There's bunch of guys in there, pissed off because they lost, and to make things worse, they crashed (just speculations)... so stepping out may not be the best idea.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    It's street racing... so anything goes. It's wasn't the brightest idea to begin with, but that's reality. You take responsibility of your own action.

But you should've stopped and asked if they're ok, even if you didn't have to step out of the car. There's bunch of guys in there, pissed off because they lost, and to make things worse, they crashed (just speculations)... so stepping out may not be the best idea.
    I'm not asking him to get out and perform CPR, but hang around and see if 911 needs to be dialed or not...

I see your point though. It would suck to see if they're okay and have 4 guys try to beat your ass.

haha
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    It was some kind of mustang, South Dakota license plates. (I live in NY)

Judging by the body style, it was like an 03 or so. It didn't have a dual exhaust but it was suprisingly fast.

So I line up with this guy, he's stuck behind someone but I'm not. The car was full of dudes with popped collars and hats halfway off their heads.. 3 of them..driver has the classic "arm sideways up on the steering wheel cuz I look cool but have no control over the car" position. Just a buncha punks with a car Daddy bought them, probably.

So the light turns and I pull up, give him room to get around his car.. So he comes up and we roll in 2nd gear... this was about 2 weeks ago so the details are kinda blurry. I took him by like 4 cars or something in 2nd, then I slowed down for a curve. He blows by me, so I followed him, hoping to catch a light.

So we went down this other road, which has a little more than 1/4 mile and then a left turn you should take at about 60 or less if you're being safe. The roads also had some slush on them in certain areas from the recent snowfall.

So he starts flooring it right as we go around the corner...so I take off..pass him and take it to 100 MPH and get on the brakes before the corner.

He attempts a ricer flyby, tries to slow down for the corner, starts oversteering, overcorrects and goes DIRECTLY into this bridge support which was made out of boulders cemented together. From what I saw, the front drivers side corner was just completely destroyed. I watched him own his car, and drove right by.

I've been in this situation before, where someone wrecked their car while racing me. I know if I stuck around in my WRX the cops would know we were racing...

So I basically took off. **** em.... they weren't going fast enough to be dead, and hit a wall not something like a pole. Serves em right for trying to do a ricer flyby with a curve right there, in a RWD car they obviously couldn't control. When I went back later, there was no sign of it at all. The police were probly already on their way, so I went home.

6cyl Mustang = teh looze

And the death...literally...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    6cyl Mustang = teh looze

And the death...literally...

On a slushy/snowy road with a curve?

ANY Mustang = teh looze

Maybe you just didnt mention it but did you contact 911, or did you not have a cell phone?

I wouldnt have stopped either, he could have blamed it on you. I have been a witness to racing accidents and stuck around to make sure the correct story is told.
    Once I saw 2 lights coming at me on a one lane road and knew right away that these idiots were racing. Well one slid off the road and hit a tree and the other took off. The guy who hit the tree claimed the other vehicle ran him off the road. I made sure to tell the police that they were both racing and that I had to get onto the shoulder in order not to get hit.

I know this is a WRX vs World thread but my best suggestion would be not to race. Had he hit a van with a family inside, would you still run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast