01 Cobra VS. Stage 2 boxer.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 01 Cobra VS. Stage 2 boxer..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; While waiting at the red light, a hear a loud rumble from behind. I looked to my right and see ...

01 Cobra VS. Stage 2 boxer.....

While waiting at the red light, a hear a loud rumble from behind. I looked to my right and see an 01 Cobra. He was driving his girlfriend, so I thought no race was going to happen. Light turned green, we both rolled off the line and then I heard the snake scream. I put the pedal to the metal until about 75mph. He was half a car ahead the whole time. I didn't know I could hang with an 01 Cobra without a launch off the line. So if I start off at 5k, I would probably took his Cobra.

Note: This was a 5 speed Cobra (his car was rolling back and forth at the ligh.)
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow im impressed... didnt think you'd stand much of a chance without a launch.

nice death.

luckily it wasnt one of those 03-04 Supercharged Cobras.. those things are nasty...
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

good run

when you say "this was a 5 speed Cobra" I assume you meant it was a MT? Because ALL Cobras are MT... the upcoming GT500 is supposed to be a 6 speed, (and stupid full of HP.. ).
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    when you say "this was a 5 speed Cobra" I assume you meant it was a MT? Because ALL Cobras are MT... the upcoming GT500 is supposed to be a 6 speed, (and stupid full of HP.. ).
    Yes, I meant manual. I didn't know that all Cobras are manual?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Yes, I meant manual. I didn't know that all Cobras are manual?
    yeppers

Nice race! . Stock they have about 320hp and about the same TQ. In the 1/4mi they are usually mid to high 13's depending on driver.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Nice run! A kid around here in a 2000 Cobra I think it is (could be an 01) had a hankering to run me when I was at Stage 2, but I never got a chance to meet up with him. Good to know that I would have been able to hang with him I wonder how I would fare against one with my VF39, from a roll maybe.
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

Quote Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
    Nice run! A kid around here in a 2000 Cobra I think it is (could be an 01) had a hankering to run me when I was at Stage 2, but I never got a chance to meet up with him. Good to know that I would have been able to hang with him I wonder how I would fare against one with my VF39, from a roll maybe.
    Didnt make Cobras in 00 after the recall probs with the 99's. So Ford built the Cobra R that year

Don-
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Quote Originally Posted by beecha91
    Didnt make Cobras in 00 after the recall probs with the 99's. So Ford built the Cobra R that year

Don-
    And that thing was the hotness...

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    And that thing was the hotness...
    wayyy over priced and slow as hell how is that the hotness, A STOCK C5 vette would give a run for its money.
    Don-
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd

wayyy over priced and slow as hell how is that the hotness, A STOCK C5 vette would give a run for its money.
    385hp N/A and mid to high 12's in the 1/4mi is indeed very slow. They were a tad quicker than the 03-04 Cobra (the one with the blower) ,which most people don't classify as slow, and it was N/A. Around a track though, was quite a different story. They were expensive but they were much more of race car than the 03-04 Cobras were. They were weight reduced (no amenities like A/C) and had way better suspension, brakes, etc.... So even you can understand, basically the difference between a 2000 Cobra R and a 03-04 Cobra is like the difference between an STi and a regular WRX (minus the power differences between the two).

The R's were also produced in extremely low numbers.

Please educate yourself next time before you speak.

P.S. This is what one looks like if you don't know...

BTW, a STOCK C5 (not Z06) usually runs low 13's at the very best. My best friend used to have a white 99...

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    BTW, a STOCK C5 (not Z06) usually runs low 13's at the very best. My best friend used to have a white 99...
    Ok dont get your panties in a bunch mustang lover. I had three mustangs, one 500 hp blown 94 gt ran mid 11's. I bled ford blue for years trust me I know my ****. I have more mmff and 5.0 magazines than I know what to do with. BACK to the 00 Corba R only magazine drivers with more experience than either u nor I were able to muster mid 12s outta it driving the piss outta it. It ran 12.9s 13.0s with normal drivers. I think for its price tag Ford could have came up with something a lil better. When bolt on LS1's would kill it any day of the week. Only thing it had going for it was its very very nice handling for road coarses etc.
    Don-
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd

Ah okay, so it's either a 99 or an 01-02 that he has Thanks for the info
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

Quote Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
    Ah okay, so it's either a 99 or an 01-02 that he has Thanks for the info
    Yes 99's have the flatter wing and 01's have the GT kinda wing more up right. I dont think they made 02 cobras either, took a year off before the 03s came out. Just another FYI hehe

Crazy ford and their silly antics hehe

Don-
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast