01 Cobra VS. Stage 2 boxer..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 01 Cobra VS. Stage 2 boxer..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by beecha91 Ok dont get your panties in a bunch mustang lover. I had three mustangs, one 500 ...

Quote Originally Posted by beecha91
    Ok dont get your panties in a bunch mustang lover. I had three mustangs, one 500 hp blown 94 gt ran mid 11's. I bled ford blue for years trust me I know my ****. I have more mmff and 5.0 magazines than I know what to do with. BACK to the 00 Corba R only magazine drivers with more experience than either u nor I were able to muster mid 12s outta it driving the piss outta it. It ran 12.9s 13.0s with normal drivers. I think for its price tag Ford could have came up with something a lil better. When bolt on LS1's would kill it any day of the week. Only thing it had going for it was its very very nice handling for road coarses etc.
    I'm not a Mustang lover, i'm a car lover. You just said yourself that it handled well and would take a bolt on LS1 to hang with it, so my point is, it's no slouch, as you led people to believe. It was meant as a track car, that much is obvious. I'm not going to argue times with you because that is pointless. You HAVE to drive the "piss" out of any car to get the very best times, so I don't even know what the hell that statement means. To get low 13's out of an STi for example you also have to "drive the piss out of it". So if you need more "experience" to get a certain time out of a car does that mean a car can't run those times? Nice argument once again...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I'm not a Mustang lover, i'm a car lover. You just said yourself that it handled well and would take a bolt on LS1 to hang with it, so my point is, it's no slouch, as you led people to believe. It was meant as a track car, that much is obvious. I'm not going to argue times with you because that is pointless. You HAVE to drive the "piss" out of any car to get the very best times, so I don't even know what the hell that statement means. To get low 13's out of an STi for example you also have to "drive the piss out of it". So if you need more "experience" to get a certain time out of a car does that mean a car can't run those times? Nice argument once again...
    He probably meant you would need a perfect run and be a very good driver to reach those numbers, not actualy "beating" the crap out of the car...because you are mostlikely doing that drag racing.
    non-sc stangs are not that fast. And they made the cobra R for track racing, kindof, not 1/4 mile.
    Yes the 06 will have a 6speed, but so did the 03-04 cobras.
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

I'm just saying I have that issue with the 93 R 95 R and 00 R battle. You of all people should know how MMFF are with car testing. They pull out all the stops and do the lil tweaks and stuff normal people wouldn't do. Along with them being able to out drive anybody and everybody. Getting times normal people would be able to attain. I also want to say they put slicks on it to get those times. I'll have to dig up that issue, its around here somewhere. I just think for 50k plus theres much more available elsewhere. Though if you were buying it for the sole purpose of road racing, then more power to ya. Which is what it's made for..
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

I saw an article in a magazine comparing the 03 cobra to the cobra r, and if my memory serves me correct, the the cobra r beat the 03 only by a 10th of a second, but didn't have ac or any of the luxuries. You put a pulley on the 03 and kiss your ass good bye cobra r. Hower in that article, they were only pulling low low 13's out of it.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Most of the guys I know wont consider anything above 11's as fast. I tend to agree. But then again I drive a slow car in their eyes..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

must of been a 32vavle and not the KB cobra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12